Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't say I've heard of him but a CDM should get united fans pretty excited.

Heard a few people hyping him up but from what I heard finished the season pretty quiet and couldn’t force his way into the international squad for euros.

Only 18 and has already been capped by Francesco much be pretty handy.

Would be a big jump up but if he’s handling himself in centre mid at 16/17 in the top division in France there must be some talent there.

Whilst it is great being linked with a CDM, if the player prefers to stay in France and move to PSG then we should not pursue this further.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play but looks to have a burgeoning reputation and from reading reports looks £30m would turn out to be an amazing bit of business.

The only worry will be is he ready for the premier league at that age?

It's going to be a massive jump for a young player.

The one thing in his favour would be that the French league is more physical and closer to the premier league than say Serie A or La Liga. I wonder if this is another Amad type transfer where we'd rather get them one or two years too soon vs a few years too late.

Besides, he's already better than Fred (without ever having seen him play), so there's that.

Yeah adaptation will be easier and it’s likely we wouldn’t be totally reliant on him from day one but if he comes and proves he’s ready it’s not like our current midfield pairing are undroppable.

I think for him it’s a good move that should tick a lot of boxes for a young player.

It's nice being linked with a CDM but we already have James Garner ready to come back into the fold.

I think they’ll get him out on loan again next season I was hoping Norwich might take him but they’ve just got in Gilmour off Chelsea.

Thing is that whole midfield needs overhauling over next few windows.

So Garner will still have a chance but ideally you want him in a side playing a 4-2-3-1 system where he can get good experience playing in that midfield two week after week.

He is certainly one of the kids who’ve got a real chance of making it at Utd.

Reports today are he prefers a move to Spain if that's the case he probably runs down his contract to the end and goes on a free next summer.

Risky move for a young kid most say take the money on the table when it's there when you are young because who knows what happens next season.

Risky move for a young kid most say take the money on the table when it's there when you
Especially given he was apparently excellent 2 years ago and then not quite as good last year.

Rennes looking to push him out the door this summer he has told the club he won't sign a new contract and they are desperate to get him out so they can get a transfer fee for him.

Most reports are he'd prefer a move to Spain and some of the talk is Madrid have told his agent to sit tight for a year and they'll be in for him when his contract expires.

Pretty sure this guy will stay in Europe - very possibly in France. Don't think we were ever likely to get him - and not sure he'd be the answer. We need a bit more experience and not just kids - this in't 1992

We don't need experience we just need good players that are better than Fred or McTominay that is the requirement for any midfield signing at the moment I don't care how old they are they just need to be better than what we've got right now and ready to go straight in that team.

All the noises suggest Utd are the outsiders for this deal our only advantage is we'd possibly be prepared to take him now which suits his club but it probably doesn't suit the player so it doesn't feel like a deal that's likely to happen.

We don't need experience we just need good players that are better than Fred or McTominay that is the requirement for any midfield signing at the moment I don't care how old they are they just need to be better than what we've got right now and ready to go straight in that team.
And this is what I don't get. Ole clearly doesn't fancy VDB and in a years time Pogba could be on his way. Plus Fred isn't good enough and Matic probably leaves next summer (he's too old anyway). So they don't just need 1 world class DM/CM. They need a few. So maybe United can't get that top DM this summer but they can still add better quality for the long term that will help them this year too.

And this is what I don't get. Ole clearly doesn't fancy VDB and in a years time Pogba could be on his way. Plus Fred isn't good enough and Matic probably leaves next summer (he's too old anyway). So they don't just need 1 world class DM/CM. They need a few. So maybe United can't get that top DM this summer but they can still add better quality for the long term that will help them this year too.

Money is tight the clubs lost fortunes to Covid it may well be that they see Mejbri and Garner as genuine options in 12/24 months time.

Pogba and VDB just can’t be considered as centre mids with this system they are to weak defensively to play that position.

Fred must be entering sale or new contract territory to he came in 2018 so guessing he’s into the last 2 years of his deal.

The club do seem to be planning the transfers a bit better these days but midfield has got to be the number 1 priority to strengthen in the near future.

Pogba and VDB just can’t be considered as centre mids with this system they are to weak defensively to play that position.
See I don't agree with this to be honest. In most games I think either can play in a midfield 3. I think Ole has to let the handbrake off. Against a lot of teams they should have more than enough.

As for the money being tight. I mean yeah I agree. It just furthers the point that the Glazers don't really care about United being successful on the pitch though.

The problem with playing a midfield three is you are either dropping Bruno or playing him in the three which given his insane stats surely cannot be a good thing.

That’s the point play a 3 you change the way Bruno plays he’s our best player so leave him where he is.

There will be some games where he will fancy Pogba in the 2 mainly teams that park the bus but any team that presses you he won’t take that risk which is more than half the teams in the league.

We’ve tried this Pogba thing for 5 years it’s a failed experiment and deep down we all know it is it’s not about having the handbrake on it’s about having players who are good enough to play their positions.

The problem with playing a midfield three is you are either dropping Bruno or playing him in the three which given his insane stats surely cannot be a good thing.
That's a fair point... But then bring in a class DM and everyone knows Pogba can work in a 2.

if you're thinking France as a defensive 2, you should check how much back tracking and defending Griezmann does in that team. Unreal

Also, how much defensive work Matuidi used to do from the left and how their full backs don't get forward that much and how in this tournament they played a diamond with Rabiot to get an extra body into the midfield.

This idea that a world class DM will solve Pogba's problems to me are fanciful, Pogba's biggest problem is when playing in central midfield he gets caught on the ball way to often as he tries high risk moves in dangerous areas. It can be very rewarding but when he gets it wrong it can leave you massively exposed at the back. That is why in club football he's always been at his best played slightly higher up being kept far away from his own goal so when things don't come off there's more cover behind him. He's also defensively a pretty poor player which he even admits.

All the noises suggest Utd are the outsiders for this deal our only advantage is we'd possibly be prepared to take him now which suits his club but it probably doesn't suit the player so it doesn't feel like a deal that's likely to happen.
not much point in buying another youngster and not playing him as we Diallo and Pellistri... Ole buys them then doesn't use them. we just seem to be collecting them as if they were Panini stickers...

not much point in buying another youngster and not playing him as we Diallo and Pellistri... Ole buys them then doesn't use them. we just seem to be collecting them as if they were Panini stickers...

I think the idea on them is we buy them now rather than wait two years and have to pay double for them they are seen as long term investments.

For what we paid for Amad surely he's going to be sticking around but who knows.

If we go for Camavinga he needs to come in and be ready to go straight into first team action as we can't really afford to wait in midfield. That area of the pitch is crying out for quality that is just coming into their prime years but that will cost a lot of money.

So they stick with the same rubbish they have? And in a years time become very light in midfield? When they need to sign a striker next summer too.

Diallo and Pellistri are still prospects. They can play but they are learning to play the way United (wants to) play, and both are still very young. Diallo turned 19 last month. Pellistri is also 19. Look at the development and gradual introduction of players like Gary Neville. They were slowly brought in around 20 years of age. Throwing a prospect into the deep end to see if they can swim - like we've done with Dan James - has probably hurt both James and us in the long run. James should have been able to work on the deficiencies in his game out from under the spotlight when we bought him at 21 but he should be ready by now.

It would be wildly optimistic to think either of Amad or Pellistri would suddenly take over a slot in the first team, and their development would stall if they were around the first team and only playing 5 or 6 times.

Diallo and Pellistri are still prospects. They can play but they are learning to play the way United (wants to) play, and both are still very young. Diallo turned 19 last month. Pellistri is also 19. Look at the development and gradual introduction of players like Gary Neville. They were slowly brought in around 20 years of age. Throwing a prospect into the deep end to see if they can swim - like we've done with Dan James - has probably hurt both James and us in the long run. James should have been able to work on the deficiencies in his game out from under the spotlight when we bought him at 21 but he should be ready by now.

It would be wildly optimistic to think either of Amad or Pellistri would suddenly take over a slot in the first team, and their development would stall if they were around the first team and only playing 5 or 6 times.
so what's the point of camavinga? that was my point...

I think the idea on them is we buy them now rather than wait two years and have to pay double for them they are seen as long term investments.

For what we paid for Amad surely he's going to be sticking around but who knows.

If we go for Camavinga he needs to come in and be ready to go straight into first team action as we can't really afford to wait in midfield. That area of the pitch is crying out for quality that is just coming into their prime years but that will cost a lot of money.
I agree - the think is I'm not sure Ole would play him immediately. We need someone with a bit of experience who indeed go straight into the team and make a difference

No surprise there. I think this has been on the cards a while and that's why the United links died down. United knew the player wanted to go to Real so they wisely stepped back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back