Dries Mertins

Red Warrior

Linked today with Mertins. 30 year old forward from Napoli.
Just what we need. :eek:

jsp

He’s had a fantastic season at Napoli but think after signing Sanchez we need to be targeting players who are 24-25 and ready to lead us through their prime years.

Rumours about Willian again this morning he’s rumoured to be very keen on the move.

Red Warrior

I get the feeling Jose is ready to load the squad with 29/30 yr olds with loads of experience for 1 push to win the PL next season. If it fails he'll go down in flames. If he pulls it off he will either quit or develop the squad again

boothstownred

I am not entirely sure we can complain too much about that. In general managers aren't given the luxury of developing young talent over a 3 or 4 year period. Consequently they do whatever they feel they have to to get results. So when you get a player like martial who clearly has loads of talent but has a very casual attitude and inconsistency to his game, but at the same time seems unprepared to take a patient approach, there is only likely to be one outcome. I don't particularly like it but I can see why it happens