Douglas Costa and a CB ?

Ben Townsend

Apparently we will be looking to try and get Douglas Costa and a CB in Jan, is it likely this will happen ?

Surely Costa will cost £40 mill minimum and a CB wont be cheap, are united going to give Ole a chunk of money when he's an interim.

Thoughts ? ......

SuperRash

I can see a little money being available but can’t see too much action. It’s a tough one because there needs to be reinforcements clearly but sure they don’t want to give a lot of money to a guy who may only be here for a few months.

I can see the Douglas Costa one happening, he’s a little bit out of favour right now at Juventus but he’s a terrific player. He has so much ability so for £40m I reckon he would be a steal.

Red Warrior

Yeh Costa is right down the pecking order since Ron turned up. He would balance us nicely on the right but he is a bit of a Nani, brilliant on occasions but inconsistent and drifts in and out of games. It wouldn't hurt taking a punt on him for rf.

Its painfully obvious we need one, if not two cb's and I am 99.99% sure the next manager will be of the mold Utd fans want to see playing attacking football so whoever the next manager will be would want a ball playing cb so we may as well go get Koulibally or whoever is available in Jan if we can. It may help us try and get back into the top 4 and maybe a CL run.

Mr C

I mentioned this yesterday, Alderwerield and Costa we are after in Jan regardless of who's in charge.

RichH2016

I mean... The Alderwerield one would make sense because he's experienced and he's a really good defender so most managers would like him in their side. Plus if logic prevails Poch is the target in the summer anyway. But Costa? I like him a lot but how can we bring in players without a long term manager?

jsp

Think both make sense as they provide solutions to problem positions and add some winning experience to the squad but for guys to come in guys need to go out.

Wonder if Costa would be one of those loan before you buy type deals.

Can see the club stomaching the high wages if the transfer fees are reasonable.

Sideshow Bob

I was initially going to say that I would prefer Sancho, but having thought about it, Costa would be a good option considering there are question marks over the futures for differing reasons for four of the attacking players. Get both Costa and Sancho!

jsp

Sancho would be a great signing but think Dortmund will want him to stay for another season at least unless clubs offer silly money like Barca did with Dembele.