Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ogden also mentions Ziyech, if were to get him and van de Beek then I would be one happy chap. Van de Beek isn’t the flashiest and was overshadowed a little by Tadic, De Jong etc in that CL run but I think he’s a top drawer player.

He was linked to Madrid last summer.

He’s looked tidy every time I’ve seen him but that’s probably 2 or 3 games.

Another one I can’t see moving in January Ajax will be reluctant to sell in January unless you pay a huge premium but he will probably be on the move in the summer but Utd won’t be the only club trying to get him and we saw with Haaland Utd these days isn’t an automatic first choice for players.

Not sure a tidy player is what this midfield needs? We have players who work hard and are tidy... We need creativity.

Says United have started talks to sign van de Beek.

Who would he be getting in the team ahead of? Do you think he's worth it?

He'd be a Pogba replacement if we did sign him my guess is he'd probably go in the team with Bruno plus one other from Fred/Mctominay/Matic to make a midfield 3.

I've only seen him a few times mainly when Ajax had that run to the semi finals he looks a very talented young player in the dutch style looks after the ball well and has an eye for a goal from midfield.

In the time when De Jong was at Ajax he was an attacking midfielder predominantly but when DJ left for Barca he moved into his deep lying role. So he is definitely versatile but I would say he’s very much in the Scholes mould. So like jsp said I think he would have to be a Pogba replacement rather than someone to play alongside him. Although if we did go down the route of a diamond it could work with VDB, Pogba and Fernandes.

In the time when De Jong was at Ajax he was an attacking midfielder predominantly but when DJ left for Barca he moved into his deep lying role. So he is definitely versatile but I would say he’s very much in the Scholes mould. So like jsp said I think he would have to be a Pogba replacement rather than someone to play alongside him. Although if we did go down the route of a diamond it could work with VDB, Pogba and Fernandes.
Sold!

Saw something suggesting his Madrid move has collapsed they've told his agent they won't be buying this summer due to covid that's probably explains why the Utd link is back on.

Lovely player but assuming all our current midfielders stay we can't really bring another one in when other parts of the team need investment.

This must be a defining moment in recent history. Someone has suggested we don’t need a central midfielder.

This hasn’t been the case since Scholes retired and Carricks legs gave in.

It's a funny one because we just don't really know how our midfield fits together anymore we've got 2 top class players in Bruno/Pogba but the other 3 are all probably on par with each other.

Don't really know how Ole plans to fit them all together either you have to assume his plan is for Pogba/Bruno to be in the same team together.

If we can get Pogba and Bruno working together you’ve got the basis of a quality team there. It’s just can they play together or do they get in each others way. If it works it’s going to be delightful to watch. I think Pogba will really benefit from having someone as quick thinking as himself in a deeper role with him. Currently he only really has Rashford that’s on his wave length.

I think if you were lining it up you'd want a really strong defensive player like Kante, Fabinho, Fernandinho sitting in the middle of the 3 of them just making sure the defence isn't vulnerable to the counter but also good enough to take the ball off the defence and start the attacks.

I'm not sure Matic, McTominay or Fred are that player all 3 of them look happier playing in a midfield with 2 sitting players you have to be really really good to play that lone holding player role and the whole team needs to be setup to dominate possession for that 4-3-3 to work.

If we can get Pogba and Bruno working together you’ve got the basis of a quality team there. It’s just can they play together or do they get in each others way. If it works it’s going to be delightful to watch. I think Pogba will really benefit from having someone as quick thinking as himself in a deeper role with him. Currently he only really has Rashford that’s on his wave length.
You can't trust Pogba though. Id rather we sell him as soon as possible. One minute he wants to stay, the next he wants out, the next he wants to stay, then wants out. Get his replacement in that isn't such a pain in the neck and move on.

yes, the drama needs to stop, it's too distracting. Stay and shut up or go.

To be fair to Pogba the message from him has been pretty clear for 12 months he wanted to leave the club last summer and he hasn't said anything to change that.

The only thing that's changed is clubs can't afford him now because they're all strapped for cash so he probably has to stay.

Would be a very strange signing not saying I wouldn't love to have him in our squad but if he comes who goes?

Unless they're thinking of shifting Fred I don't really see a spare place in the squad for another midfielder.

Would be a very strange signing not saying I wouldn't love to have him in our squad but if he comes who goes?

Unless they're thinking of shifting Fred I don't really see a spare place in the squad for another midfielder.
But United need to look ahead to the future too? Matic needs carefully managing and Fred hasn't looked the same player since restart has he? CM isn't a priority anymore but if they can get their hands on a really good young CM then I think they should.

But United need to look ahead to the future too? Matic needs carefully managing and Fred hasn't looked the same player since restart has he? CM isn't a priority anymore but if they can get their hands on a really good young CM then I think they should.

Yeah but this guy doesn’t play the role Matic plays he’s an attacking midfielder.

He’d give us a lot more quality in terms of depth but can’t see us really rotating the likes of Pogba and Bruno to much so one will be on the bench a lot.

Think it’s been hard for all the lads off the bench they’ve had almost no starts so they all still look very rusty compared to those starting every week.

Not sure Fred really fits with Pogba in the two man midfield he looks better alongside McTominay or Matic.

He’s had a good season but I suspect if Utd got a decent offer for him they’d let him move on but I don’t see where that offer would come from.

Anyway more midfielders means less likely we will see Periera in there so happy days.

Yeah but this guy doesn’t play the role Matic plays he’s an attacking midfielder.

He’d give us a lot more quality in terms of depth but can’t see us really rotating the likes of Pogba and Bruno to much so one will be on the bench a lot.

Think it’s been hard for all the lads off the bench they’ve had almost no starts so they all still look very rusty compared to those starting every week.

Not sure Fred really fits with Pogba in the two man midfield he looks better alongside McTominay or Matic.

He’s had a good season but I suspect if Utd got a decent offer for him they’d let him move on but I don’t see where that offer would come from.

Anyway more midfielders means less likely we will see Periera in there so happy days.
When you think Periera was what Ole initially had to work with we can consider ourselves fortunate to be going into last day with a chance of 3rd

When you think Periera was what Ole initially had to work with we can consider ourselves fortunate to be going into last day with a chance of 3rd

Yeah injuries meant that lad was playing centre mid on a regular basis for most of the first half of the season.

Nothing personal with the kid he’s given it his best crack he’s just nowhere near the standard in the spot it’s why the signing of Bruno alongside Matic returning to something close to his best has been huge in our turnaround even before lockdown.

Big job this summer to clear out the boys who just aren’t up to the job.

Weirdly I’d move Mata out before Periera just think physically Mata is a liability now he’s on big money if we get a chance to even take a small fee I think let him go.

I think the last few games have shown that United desperately lack any depth. They have a very good first XI and beyond that not much else.

I think the last few games have shown that United desperately lack any depth. They have a very good first XI and beyond that not much else.

Yep and with next season being a month shorter than usual with almost no pre season the squad depth will be vital as it’s going to be almost non stop football to cram everything in.

Will be interesting to see what Utd have been planning in terms of this summer as so far there’s not been to much talk all fairly quiet.

Now we don’t have games for 2 weeks I expect the transfer talk will ramp up.

Yep and with next season being a month shorter than usual with almost no pre season the squad depth will be vital as it’s going to be almost non stop football to cram everything in.
Don't forget next year is the Euros plus Olympics which means next off season is much reduced and players will play a lot of football in the summer.

These players aren’t getting a proper break til the summer of ‘22. And that winter has a World Cup in it.

I’m not convinced the euros happens next summer can’t see many footballers doing both euros and olympics if they both happen.

Ajax must be feeling the pinch so Utd could potentially take advantage of that and get him cut price.

Few more rumours knocking about Van de Beek could be on the way out of Ajax with us a possible destination. He’s been left out of the Ajax squad for their current friendly so could have some legs. However, Barca and Madrid are also known admirers, one to keep an eye on.

Someone did say he was waiting for an offer from another club to come in and if it don’t he’ll be happy at UTD not sure how much is in that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back