Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is very easy to believe this is now very near a done deal. I think that would put an end to any Grealish speculation.
If Sancho could be added to this, we are flying.

This is exciting news, but you got to feel for Ed, having to work over the BH weekend.

What a midfield we would have , do you think it’s possible to play DVDB pogba and Bruno all together? I know he adds good depth but I hope they called pull it off together

I’m not sure how you fit these 3 in to a midfield together. Play 3 box to box midfielders? All 3 prefer the attacking side of the game. Exciting signing but a strange one for our needs.

I’m not sure how you fit these 3 in to a midfield together. Play 3 box to box midfielders? All 3 prefer the attacking side of the game. Exciting signing but a strange one for our needs.
I also don’t think he’s the type to be content on the bench especially nearly signing for real and Barca interest , you don’t think Pogba on the left and VDB on the right maybe in a more advance role with Bruno in front ? I don’t know if that would work or no especially in he’s earlier days he was more “holding” then now.

Don’t worry too much lads. Somebody else will be along soon to tell you exactly how it is a terrible signing and it won’t work ;)

VDB highlights

I've barely watched him. He plays as a 6, but likes to score, a "goal-scoring central midfielder" who gets between the lines, makes runs from deep, and has an average of 2 tackles per game. The way they talk about him sounds like he's a Scholes-type of player. Ajax with him and DeLight were a, uh, delight, so I'm excited about this signing. If we get an actual right wing this might allow Ole to set up as a 442. Or maybe he's going for a midfield diamond. On paper it seems like he plays the same role as Fred. It's getting crowded in there for our midfield slots.

This article has some stats on him, written by a 19 year old, but he makes a fairly thorough overview of him:

and some guessing on how we might line up with him:

Don’t worry too much lads. Somebody else will be along soon to tell you exactly how it is a terrible signing and it won’t work ;)

I think it’s an excellent signing and certainly improves our squad. I just look forward to seeing how we try and make it work and can we play the 3 together!

Fantastic signing for United. It'll be interesting to see what position he plays and how Ole fits him in but he's a really good versatile player. Certainly adds competition for places.

Now United need an attacking player and perhaps a defender. Attacking wide player the priority though.

It's a terrible signing and it won't work.

But seriously, a good age and plenty of experience. Has an eye for a pass.

I think the only way you could fit Bruno, Pogba and VDB in the same side is if you played a diamond because I do think you need a Matic type in the midfield. Fantastic signing though, De Jong and De Ligt got all the plaudits in that CL run Ajax had but VDB was just as important. Look forward to seeing him in a United shirt.

I think the only way you could fit Bruno, Pogba and VDB in the same side is if you played a diamond because I do think you need a Matic type in the midfield. Fantastic signing though, De Jong and De Ligt got all the plaudits in that CL run Ajax had but VDB was just as important. Look forward to seeing him in a United shirt.
It'll be interesting for sure but I think VDB can be versatile? He could play in the Pogba role, he could play in the Fernandes role and he could even play at times in the Matic role.

It'll be interesting for sure but I think VDB can be versatile? He could play in the Pogba role, he could play in the Fernandes role and he could even play at times in the Matic role.
Oh yeah no doubt he is versatile but I think his real bread and butter is playing a little more advanced and getting into the box. I think he is very much in the Scholes mould with his ability to get into the box but also dictate play further back. A really exciting signing for me and being from the Ajax academy he has definitely been brought up in a great footballing environment.

Oh yeah no doubt he is versatile but I think his real bread and butter is playing a little more advanced and getting into the box. I think he is very much in the Scholes mould with his ability to get into the box but also dictate play further back. A really exciting signing for me and being from the Ajax academy he has definitely been brought up in a great footballing environment.
It'll just be interesting where Ole fits him in. I mean you've got to think he's going to start more games than not? But then where does he play?

Great addition to the squad wonder if this means the rumours about Fred being off are true.

Does this signing signal the end for the Sancho deal though? Not in terms of a similar player but just that price tag... Does this move really mean the end for any other business?

I think Dortmund not budging on price and wanting a huge chunk of the money up front probably killed that deal.

Rumour today is we are in talks for Grealish and also want to add a centre back and striker to the squad before the window shuts.

I think Dortmund not budging on price and wanting a huge chunk of the money up front probably killed that deal.

Rumour today is we are in talks for Grealish and also want to add a centre back and striker to the squad before the window shuts.
You think they'll do that though? I don't see it. They may add one more at most.

Rumours Spurs are trying to hi-jack the DVDB deal.

You think they'll do that though? I don't see it. They may add one more at most.

Who knows I think it will be tough to do a lot of deals unless we’ve got players leaving as well.

Talk is Sancho talks is on going Utd still feel the deal can be done may be that they feel they have to just accept the terms and move now rather than risk missing out in 12 months time.

This is the latest report from MEN inside the last hour :confused:

Manchester United are not as close to signing Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek as some reports in the Netherlands suggest

Featured in 29 PL games, 0 goals, 0 assists. There's your answer.

Stats are similar to Matic and McTominay too. Think they managed 1 assist between the 3 of them this season.

This is the latest report from MEN inside the last hour :confused:

Manchester United are not as close to signing Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek as some reports in the Netherlands suggest

Some quotes attributed to his dad saying it’s a done deal are going around on social media.

All the big outlets reported fee is agreed, personal terms agreed and just a medical to do but he obviously has to quarantine before coming to the UK.

Those clickbait merchants at the MEN are a joke.

As for Fred I still think there’s a role for him in the games where it’s frantic and hectic in midfield he’s great at pressing the opponent into errors but on the ball he’s not great.

Just feels like with new contracts for McTominay and Matic if someone is going then Fred seems the obvious choice if he left not sure many fans would be that bothered.

Some quotes attributed to his dad saying it’s a done deal are going around on social media.

All the big outlets reported fee is agreed, personal terms agreed and just a medical to do but he obviously has to quarantine before coming to the UK.

Those clickbait merchants at the MEN are a joke.

As for Fred I still think there’s a role for him in the games where it’s frantic and hectic in midfield he’s great at pressing the opponent into errors but on the ball he’s not great.

Just feels like with new contracts for McTominay and Matic if someone is going then Fred seems the obvious choice if he left not sure many fans would be that bothered.
Maybe, but there is too much money wrapped up in him, his time is up. I suspect the Galatasaray loan move rumours are true

Maybe, but there is too much money wrapped up in him, his time is up. I suspect the Galatasaray loan move rumours are true

Yeah the money gets written off every year though they know they’ll never get 50m back on him for FFP purposes they only need to get 30m back now to break even but even that will be tough.

Not sure what we gain by loaning him out we need sales so unless it’s a loan with an obligation to buy I just don’t see us letting him go on loan.

Yeah the money gets written off every year though they know they’ll never get 50m back on him for FFP purposes they only need to get 30m back now to break even but even that will be tough.

Not sure what we gain by loaning him out we need sales so unless it’s a loan with an obligation to buy I just don’t see us letting him go on loan.
Opportunity to raise his profile, and likewise value.

Opportunity to raise his profile, and likewise value.

Apparently they offered a €2m loan fee.

Links to Turkish clubs always feel like a 9/10 on the BS transfer radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back