Donny van de Beek | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

boothstownred

Premier League 2020/21: Manchester United 1-3 Crystal Palace - 19th September 2020

Didn't have much chance to show his talents, particularly in such a bad team performance, but he scored and showed some nice touches. There are big decisions for this club. It needs some quality signings and we may have to look at selling some of the better players if we can't move on the deadwood

RichH2016

I just can't understand the decision to not play him with Pogba and Fernandes. At home against Palace? Come on that's a pretty negative decision isn't it?

jsp

I just can't understand the decision to not play him with Pogba and Fernandes. At home against Palace? Come on that's a pretty negative decision isn't it?

Not really think Ole knew Pogba had an hour in him fitness wise so he needed a good sub for that change.

A good holding midfield player is vital vs a counter attack side like palace they play 4-4-2 so if you push you full backs up then you’re leaving your centre backs 2 vs 2 you need a defensive minded player in that midfield to try and stop the ball reaching their strikers or if it does quickly get back to make it 3 vs 2.

I don’t think you will ever see those 3 start a game they might finish games as we chase.

SuperRash

If you’d left that defence even more exposed yesterday then it would have been even more of a nightmare. Ole knew there was so much pace in that Palace front line so needed that guy like McTominay in there. You can easily say in hindsight they should have all played together but in this game no way.

Mr C

As expected, their 6th game, our second. They need more minutes. Sluggish

We need a CB more than LB. I assume Greenwood didn't start as a message for his off season behaviour

Wrong thread

Sideshow Bob

EFL Cup: Luton 0-3 Manchester United - 23rd September 2020

Did well enough but was surprised he was named United’s man of the match.

jsp

Can only assume that was the result of some sort of fan poll.

Did well got some nice touches and plays so quick can see him being a fun player to watch.

IDFD

Yeah when him Bruno, Martial and Rashford click we could have some cracking moments. Him and Bruno want to play at a tempo so much quicker than the rest are currently able to. Their footballing brains are just that much better. Hopefully Pogba gets up to speed soon. In games where we do end up with those 3 in the middle it could be mayhem but very fun.

Mr C

not sure where to post this as the transfer thread is closed.

Anyway, his agent is complaining about his game time.

IDFD

Sounds like we’ve got ourselves another Pogba situation here. He’s probably mouthed on in the press. Said Brighton should have beaten us 7-1 and he’d have refused to come on if he was Donny.

Red Warrior

I do find it odd that he saying this after 2 Prem games but we all knew he wasn't going to be a regular starter, surely this was in the discussions when he joined? I'd actually like to see him get a run in the team instead of Pogba, let's see what he can do.

SuperRash

Agents just need to pipe down. It’s two games into the season and sure it’s disappointing he hasn’t started both but to go spouting this nonsense is ridiculous. He’ll be a starter more times than a sub I hasten to guess this season.

Mr C

not sure it gets fans on his side either. Did they really think they'd stroll into Old Trafford and Pogba would get dropped?

jsp

Not sure how legit the quotes are but Ole should be having a word with VDB and saying speak to your agent as this nonsense won't be tolerated mouthing off in public will not help the situation. Your a man now Donny if you've got an issue deal with it yourself.

Can see why he might be a bit annoyed vs Brighton not getting more playing time but when Ole made the sub he was protecting a 2-1 lead not chasing a goal.

To be honest he probably starts tonight vs Brighton prove on the pitch you're the man to start ahead of Pogba or Bruno on Sunday vs Spurs.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now