Director of Football set to be appointed

Think I’d rather he was behind them signing other players than that. I could have told you that signing Neymar and Mbappe isn’t a bad way to go.

Think I’d rather he was behind them signing other players than that. I could have told you that signing Neymar and Mbappe isn’t a bad way to go.
Yeah because it’s all because of him they got those players I’m sure. Lets bring him to Man Utd and we will sign them.

Bring in Edwin Van Der Sar

You do know that Van Der Sar is not responsible for football things at Ajax?

He was in charge of marketing before taking over as CEO his role really is to focus on revenue growth while he is in charge of everything he’s not very hands on with the football stuff according to reports.

You do know that Van Der Sar is not responsible for football things at Ajax?

He was in charge of marketing before taking over as CEO his role really is to focus on revenue growth while he is in charge of everything he’s not very hands on with the football stuff according to reports.
Then Who do we go with? Former player or someone who knows the job?

Then Who do we go with? Former player or someone who knows the job?

Someone who knows the job 100%

Utd need someone who knows how a modern club should run to come in and set it up get in some ex players who want to learn around him but being a former player shouldn’t get you a job. I’d be looking to poach someone from within clubs like Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus etc clubs with big budgets but seem to be much better at spending them than Utd.

Van Der Sar decided after football he wanted to get involved in this sort of role so he went back to school he knew his name opened doors but he made sure his CV helped get him through the doors.

Someone who knows the job 100%

Utd need someone who knows how a modern club should run to come in and set it up get in some ex players who want to learn around him but being a former player shouldn’t get you a job. I’d be looking to poach someone from within clubs like Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus etc clubs with big budgets but seem to be much better at spending them than Utd.

Van Der Sar decided after football he wanted to get involved in this sort of role so he went back to school he knew his name opened doors but he made sure his CV helped get him through the doors.
Totally agree with you.

Yeah because it’s all because of him they got those players I’m sure. Let’s bring him to Man Utd and we will sign them.

That was literally my point. We could all know they’re good players to sign show us something else. It’s a shame you’ve needlessly picked a bone of contention with me.

Utd are apparently building a new data analytics department within the club been out headhunting top talent.

The reporting around this suggests the fact they're doing this without appointing a DoF type figure first pretty much confirms the idea has been kicked into the long grass for the foreseeable future.

It has to be seen as a sign of progress though as Utd have fallen way behind the other clubs when it comes to this sort of stuff according to the reports it's another area where we are very much playing catch up.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back