Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League: Young Boys 0-3 Manchester United - 19th September 2018

Decent debut.

Refreshing to see some roving runs up the wing, a few step overs and crosses going in from the right. I hope he forces his way in and Valencia gets used less from now on.

Few small bits of concern but a great debut hopefully see him again next week vs Derby.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Fulham - 8th December 2018

Impressive outing. He could easily have had a couple assists against his name.

I’d have him playing every week. He’s gonna make mistakes but can’t wait to see him and Shaw flying down the wings

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 5th January 2019

I’m umming and ahing over this lad.

Doesn’t look fit but he’s very raw now played a andful of games for Porto before coming we took a gamble before he signed his new deal really he needed that full season of development at a club like Porto.

I think a loan for the next 6 months would do him good if Valencia, Young & Darmian stay get Dalot somewhere where he can play every week.

If he stays I think he’s got to play the easy home games in the league and save Young for the big ones.

Can't disagree with this. He may turn out to be a good signing but at the moment, in truth, I don't see him any better than ethan laird.

Seems like he keeps picking up niggling injuries all the time too

Think that's probably a case of him not properly recovering from the injury he got in the first place as he missed all of pre season so he's playing catch up all the time.

It was a big risk we took but with Valencia going off a cliff I think the club has to consider getting in another right back to compete with Dalot over the next few years and let him develop as he doesn't look ready to slot straight in at 20.

Premier League: Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion - 19th January 2019

One of his better performances.

I thought despite playing on the other side (comfortable on both flanks) he was actually an improvement on Shaw, who just isn't cutting it for me. Also, could have done with Dalot's crossing on the right, Young wasteful.

Good going forward but think he was at fault on the goal wasn’t tight enough to his man to worried about the man coming round the back and ended up marking neither.

Can’t be easy coming in last minute but these are the games where we need him to learn from mistakes.

Didn’t see the game last night, how did Dalot do at what I presume was right wing?

Premier League: Manchester United 3-2 Southampton - 2nd March 2019

Positive impact.

Yep big impact. Looks a player capable of playing in a number of positions,

Has added a lot in his last 2 introductions from the bench. The way he skipped past Bernat that time was fantastic, he's got a magnificent cross on him, the best we've had for a while I think.

yeah, can he be the winger we are after?

Currently our best option if we're to play a right winger, most games under Ole, we've used 2 strikers with a false 9/attacking midfielder splitting the 2 strikers so the 2 strikers have run the wide channels but in a proper 433 he's our best option to play that right side right now.

Probably looking for soomeone who can contribute a combined 15-20 goals and assists in that role long term. Sancho playing the role for Dortmund, for example, has 9 goals & 11 assists, while Nicolas Pepe for Lille has 16 goals and 8 assists, different leagues and both still young but that's the sort of figures we need to compete for the league. Another linked is Bergwijn and he's posting similar figures from both sides in the Dutch league. I think we can currently get those sort of figures from players on the left side of the pitch; Pogba, Rashford and Martial. Our right side is a bit frail in defence and attack currently and I think PSG targeted that in both legs.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 West Ham United - 13th April 2019

He struggled.

I remain unconvinced that Dalot should be the first choice right back for next season.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 West Ham United - 13th April 2019

He struggled.

I remain unconvinced that Dalot should be the first choice right back for next season.

Agreed. I think actually he strikes me as more of a RW and should compete with a new signing. He can also play on the left so gives us versatility.

Agreed. I think actually he strikes me as more of a RW and should compete with a new signing. He can also play on the left so gives us versatility.

I think he’s a right back doesn’t threaten the goal enough to be a modern winger.

Doesn’t look first team ready but I think we should be starting him ahead of Young for a few games and signing a right back in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back