Diego Maradona

Shoot

Banned
Good Luck Diego - Undergoing emergency surgery to remove a blood clot from the brain.
Hopefully he will beat this and recover.

Passed away this afternoon after a heart attack.

I wasn't lucky enough to see him at his best. My dad called him the footballer he both loved and hated the most. He'd have been 20 in '86 so you can see why!

Without a doubt in the conversation as one of the greatest of all time. Also a one of a kind man of the pitch! Definitely lived a life style different to most.

Rest In Peace.

Jeez, scary, your dad is only 4 years older than me.

He was a great player, what he did at Napoli was just an example of it.

nearly as good as Gazza

For me it's a shame he didn't come along 10 years later when the TV cameras would have been there to capture it all so I could see it.

I have to take others words over just how good he was but by the sound of it despite being off his tits a lot of the time he was still running rings around everyone at a time when the opponent was allowed to butcher you from behind and pitches weren't carpets.

From the stuff I've seen of him you could tell he was a cut above similar to what I watch Messi the ability to play the game at 100mph but make it look like slow motion is a unique skill very few possess. The ability to think as fast as he did and then execute the skills to move away from players was unreal.

He also has the fairy tail story with Napoli helping them to that title makes him a legend in Naples.

For those in their 40/50's who grew up watching Maradona he's probably what people in their 20/30's think of Messi it's like they're cheating it's not actually possible to be as good as they are/were at football.

RIP Diego, greatest player I've ever seen. Fitting that he died on the same date as our very own all time great Georgey Best.

Ask an Argentinian who was/is the world’s best player...
...and, probably, to a man they will tell you Maradona.
He is a god, Messi will never be.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back