Not open for further replies.
220px_Derby_County_crest_svg.png
vs.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Friday, 29 January 2016
FA Cup Fourth Round
Pride Park
19:55 GMT

Would be nice to see some fresh faces get a run in the team starting with this game. Pereira really deserves a start. I'd give Martial a rest, he's been playing 90 mins every game for a while now so stick Memphis in from the start.

My team: De Gea; Darmian (or Varela if MD out); Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson; Schneiderlin, Herrera; Januzaj, Pereira, Memphis; Rooney.

Van Gaal:

“It’s more or less the same. Darmian is now out and maybe Michael Carrick shall come in but of course he’s not able to play 90 minutes. But it’s very good he is coming back. With Darmian, it is very positive actually. It’s not too severe but he’s not able to play against Derby.”

Bastian Schweinsteiger suffered an injury during the second half of the Sheffield United match and that forced the German to miss the three following games. Phil Jones has also not featured since the 2-1 victory over Swansea City at Old Trafford on 2 January and van Gaal is reluctant to state when they will return.

“I cannot say [if they are close] because every time I make a remark about injuries it is always difficult because injuries have developments and you have to wait and see,” the manager said. “Also they have to train and be adapted to the rhythm of the Premier League which is high. When you are more weeks injured it takes more time to adapt to that rhythm.”

Team: De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Rooney.

Subs: Romero, McNair, Carrick, Herrera, Januzaj, Pereira, Memphis.

We have been good in the first half hour or so. Need to kill the game off with a second.

Bloody fecking cursed it with my praise. Poor from schniederlin to lose his man.

I'd like to see Januzaj for Lingard at half time. Derby are there for the taking.

I would also bring depay on for mata. Martial up top, Rooney in 10, januzaj and depay on the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back