Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury.

Styles make fights. I’m not sure Fury bullies AJ like he did Wilder. I imagine AJ would come in about heavier than he did vs Ruiz two. Try and fight off the back foot and look for openings. Actually think it could be a very boring fight where neither wants to engage too much. What made Wilder easy for Fury was that he lacks the fundamentals to set his shots up. AJ whilst not having the one punch power of Wilder is a much better boxer.
Styles do make fights you're right. But Fury is too fast, too skilful and ultimately has too much class for Joshua. Or at least that's my view. For me Joshua lost a lot of respect and credit when he produced what I thought was a losers fight against Ruiz in the rematch. And if Ruiz was a bigger name I'm telling you he gets that fight on points.

There’s no way Ruiz gets anywhere near that fight on points. He didn’t win a single round let alone the fight.

Just looking in to the above thinking maybe I miswatched it after having a few beers. Ruiz wins the 8th. Then at a stretch 4th and 9th. I can’t see any other round you can even contemplate giving to him.

Just looking in to the above thinking maybe I miswatched it after having a few beers. Ruiz wins the 8th. Then at a stretch 4th and 9th. I can’t see any other round you can even contemplate giving to him.
I'm not necessarily saying he deserved to win. But he held the centre of the ring whilst Joshua danced around. Joshua ultimately did more but I've seen fights like that go to the champion.

Ruiz landed 3 or less punches in 5 rounds. The champion has to show something and Ruiz offered absolutely nothing. He landed 60 punches all fight.

I think Ruiz enjoyed the World heayweight champion lifestyle a bit too much (as short lived as it was) came in even heavier than the first one (not saying his weight is necessarily a factor) but he looked out of shape in terms of fitness levels and he admitted that himself afterwards.

Some people thought AJ's win was a borefest but to me it was a very professional performance, did what he had to do to win as he knew that Ruiz was a danger puncher, and for me it was a resounding Joshua victory as the scorecards suggested.

Wilder will unfortunately trigger the trilogy clause in the contract, but really we all want to see AJ v Fury and find out who the undisputed champion of the world really is, all the belts, one face, one name.

Some people thought AJ's win was a borefest but to me it was a very professional performance, did what he had to do to win as he knew that Ruiz was a danger puncher, and for me it was a resounding Joshua victory as the scorecards suggested.
To me I saw someone who was scared to get hit again. Ruiz put him down in the first fight and from then AJ wanted no part of things. I just think he's not as good as originally thought.

I think AJ vs Fury follows a similar pattern as Wilder vs Fury it's very hard to see AJ or anyone beating Fury on points because he's got the speed, power, tactics to beat anyone and impress the judges along the way. He's a very versatile fighter and he's now developing his power even further with his new trainer to give him more explosive knockout power which is maybe where he's been lacking a bit in his career. He certainly looked to be hitting a lot harder in the last fight with Wilder than he was before he floored him with a body shot that doesn't happen often.

AJ will obviously have a physical edge so it would come down to can he out last Fury and punish him in the later rounds like he did to Klitchko this is largely what AJ wants to do.

Not really a surprise Wilder didn't really have a choice will be interesting to see if he can come with something different to unsettle Fury as he was handed a beating in that last fight.

If Fury wins could we get the AJ fight this year?

Would make the event tricky if they want to do the UK as it's either the o2 or possibly Cardiff with the roof on as it would be an autumn/winter date.

My guess is they'll look to have that fight summer 2021 at either Wembley or Old Trafford I hope they don't take it to Vegas.

Not really a surprise Wilder didn't really have a choice will be interesting to see if he can come with something different to unsettle Fury as he was handed a beating in that last fight.
Yeah I mean he had to invoke his rematch. If he didn't people would say he's scared and knows he can't win. And with that one punch power he's got he's always got a chance. Really he's got nothing to lose. If Fury wins again then nothing really changes it's just as you were.

Yeah I mean he had to invoke his rematch. If he didn't people would say he's scared and knows he can't win. And with that one punch power he's got he's always got a chance. Really he's got nothing to lose. If Fury wins again then nothing really changes it's just as you were.

Yeah one final pay day if he loses he probably retires he maybe could hold of and try to fight AJ if AJ goes on to beat Fury a returning champ but that's if AJ wants to fight him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back