Sideshow Bob

England U16s coach Kenny Swain has named Demetri Mitchell in his 18-man squad for this season's Sky Sports Victory Shield opener in Northern Ireland.

England's opening fixture is tonight, live on Sky Sports 2 at 7.45.

Starting for England U16 tonight. Rashford, Henderson and Borthwick-Jackson on bench.

Fantastic goal. He picked up the ball inside his own half, beat 2/3 men then fired in a shot from just outside the D.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mitchell's goal v Bayern at the Aegon Cup earlier this year:

[youtube]M3FZCg7NJoo[/youtube]

Mitchell has been named in England's U16 squad for the fixture against Germany on the 13th February.

He's scoring a lot at U16/U17 level for us i've heard. Talented left winger. Looking forward to seeing him in the 18s next season.

Handed his U18s debut this morning. Gutted I missed the game when I found out he played. Anyone see the game? How did he do?

Missed the second half. I heard he was quiet. Mitchell stated that he "did nothing".

Mitchell played 70 minutes in a 1-1 draw against Holland, and came on in the 52nd minute in a 3-1 win against Chile.

Freekick at 1:35.

Was talking to Demi today at the U18 game and he had a brace boot on his left foot and was also on crutches.
He said to me that he is out of action for about 3-4 months and hopes to be back for the 2nd game of the FA Youth cup should we get passed the 1st round.

He seemed quite positive about it, and said it will be good for his mental attitude in how to cope with it.

Sometimes it can be a good thing. As long as the injury doesn't reoccur like Petrucci then it could be good to spend a bit of time in the gym.

Reserves: Blackpool 0-1 Manchester United - 24th February 2016

Reserves: Manchester United 1-0 Leicester City - 15th August 2016

Like this kid, seems a bit of a maverick, street footballer type. With the lack of a striker at this level, he needs to play.

I quite like him there. The modern full back has to be like a winger. He is a bit naive there but with time and coaching it could be a good move.

I've not watched the reserves lately, found the move quite strange but sounds like he's doing well there.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back