Dean Smith at Aston Villa 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tipped them for relegation at the start of the season but they've had a cracking start and made some decent signings as well.

same for me with West Ham, thought they were certain for the drop!

It's the year of claret and blue

Win their game in hand and they go top of the league again.

Just a crazy season isn't it looking at the top of the table.

Think they've made good signings that Martinez is a good keeper which they really didn't have last season, Barkley has given the midfield a bit more creativity and spark which was lacking and up top Watkins looks a real handful something they didn't have last season. Having McGinn fit again as well is a huge boost to them.

I reckon they eventually fade back to mid table but I think I tipped them for relegation this season doesn't look like they'll be getting involved in that battle.

What a funny season villa are having. Hammering Liverpool then getting better by Leeds followed by battering Arsenal.

What a funny season villa are having. Hammering Liverpool then getting better by Leeds followed by battering Arsenal.
Yeah it’s kind of feast or famine at the moment for them. Smash Liverpool and Arsenal and then get hit roasted by Leeds and Southampton (two late goals from them put gloss on that game).

They sure are entertaining to watch though! Been really impressed by Watkins, you never quite know how guys from the Championship will do but he’s taken to the league like a duck to water.

I still think they’ll ultimately slip down the league but a top 8 finish isn’t beyond the realms especially how mad the season is so far.

Haven't actually seen much of them so might try and catch the 90 minutes of the next game.

Have to admit the more I watch Grealish the more I think he's wasting his career at Villa could and should be playing in a team that's further up the table.

Already starting to strengthen reports are they’ve done a deal for Buendia from Norwich one of the best players in the championship last season apparently they’ve beaten Arsenal to the deal 30m plus bonuses.

Also, looking to bring in Ward-Prowse for a similar sort of fee.

Grealish replacements or just investment spent big last summer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back