Dean Henderson | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that last bit, but even in his current "decline" he's better than Henderson, so he should play.

I gave him plenty of time before deciding on that but he’s miles from his best these days just can’t ever see him getting back to those sort of performances.

He may well be but we had to give Henderson a go and see if he could be the solution De Gea hit a real rut mid season and I think had to be dropped.

He probably is still the better keeper but I don’t think there’s much in it and I don’t think either is the long term answer for Ole but given how much each of them earn we probably end up with both of them at the club next season.

The fact it’s even up for debate tells me neither is a really top class keeper at the moment.

I gave him plenty of time before deciding on that but he’s miles from his best these days just can’t ever see him getting back to those sort of performances.

He may well be but we had to give Henderson a go and see if he could be the solution De Gea hit a real rut mid season and I think had to be dropped.

He probably is still the better keeper but I don’t think there’s much in it and I don’t think either is the long term answer for Ole but given how much each of them earn we probably end up with both of them at the club next season.

The fact it’s even up for debate tells me neither is a really top class keeper at the moment.
You are refreshingly reasonable.

Too much us being read into it for me, all keepers make mistakes, and they always look worse. Allison made errors too.

I think Henderson needs a season. He's still comparitively young.

De Gea has always been about instinct, shot stopping, he's not lost that, but the rest of his game has declined or not been there to start

Every GK makes mistakes, even the great ones. It all comes down to how they respond to mistakes that ultimately goes a long way to determining just how good they'll be. Henderson now needs to respond in a positive manner and if he does that will help United learn a lot about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back