Dead rubber against Valencia

IDFD

The game against Valencia is now a complete dead rubber. Can we please experiment with something

The u19s have qualified from their group too. I would like to se chong given a game, maybe garner too, with a couple on the bench.

Think we can still get top spot by some sort of miracle but I tend to agree there's nothing to play for think Valencia have even wrapped up 3rd spot.

I'd take a core of first team players but bring some of the U23 boys to give them a start.

Simply not going to happen though. I would like to be wrong because seeing young kids is a real buzz, especially our talented guys but I think there will be some rotation but that’ll more likely involve changes such as McTominay on the bench and playing Darmian and Bailly.

I think he needs to give the first team guys who aren't currently playing a game to keep them ticking over but there's space for some of the younger lads on the bench and hopefully one from the start.

To me the obvious one to start is Chong but there's no reason that a few other the others couldn't make up the numbers as Valencia are likely to rotate players as well if there's nothing riding on the game.

The u19s have qualified from their group too. I would like to se chong given a game, maybe garner too, with a couple on the bench.
Yeah I would say Chong and Garner are the closest to the match day squads. Think Gomes will still be injured for this one so he would have been an option.

I would be more than happy to see Dalot given a chance and a couple of young lads on the bench. Not wishing for a whole team full of youngsters, just some youthful freshness in a dead rubber.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back