De Ligt

Mr C

I can't find a thread.

Just read we are thinking of upping our 15m a year offer! that's silly money for a 21 year old.

then we have his stupid agent to deal with in the future looking to pass him on in two years and all his fee's

Crazy

I think Raiola uses united as a cash cow in between gettng his clients to the clubs where they want to play. They might want to go to Madrid, but that will be it, no future transfers. Go to united for two years, milk them, and then get another fee moving them on.

De Ligt is obviously very good, but i think there are options that are more suited to us.

Throw whatever Napoli want for Koulibaly at them, he is the perfect example of what we need at the back alongside Lindelof.

The story going around is De Ligt has told his agent and Ajax that he's only interested in Barcelona no amount of money from Utd will change his mind on that.

Ajax will likely use our interest to drive the price up with Barca but I just don't see this kid coming here.

Yes there's a project we can sell him but Barca have a much better sounding project which is come here and help us win the CL next year not in 2-3 years time which is the minimum it's going to take us.

can Barca afford him, with De Jong and Griezmann.

Like I said, the agent likes to use united, and he may say do two years at united and I'll get you a Barca move. Much like he did with Pogba.
I think we should stay clear and go for the Napoli option, even if it is 90m.

I don’t get why we won’t just be making the obvious signing. Stop being clever and pay Spurs £25m for Toby Alderwierald.

This De Ligt kid obviously doesn’t seem interested. So oh well we’ll move on. Barca won’t be the fantastic side they were in a couple of years time as Messi’s Star starts to wane.

The bits I've seen suggest De Ligt is top priority for Barca he's part of the plan they'll move on a few squad players and make some money we've seen the rumours over Rakitic for example.

With Griezmann the reports are they need to sell Coutinho and the other stories that are circling is that they aren't really the interested the players apparently weren't impressed with the way he backed out last summer and his wages are a problem because he's on mega money at Atletico.

As for Utd my guess is they'll know the situation they might be happy for these things to be out in the media while they work on the deals they actually want to do in the background. The club make no attempts to quash transfer rumours as it's a waste of time.

There is no way Griezmann would have said he is leaving without something in place. I do think De Ligt would be an error for us, as IDFD said, we need players who want to come.

Alderwerield, I don't know why we haven't done this. Or Koulibaly who seems a bit of a beast, someone to boss our back 5

I love these transfer rumours, I haven’t seen any confirmed quotes from De Ligt about where he wants to go or doesn’t want to go but everyone has come to the conclusion he doesn’t want to come. Who knows what’s going through his head. He will probably end up at Barca but don’t think we can be entirely ruled out.

I think if we wanted Alderweireld for £25m and he wanted to come, I think it would have been signed sealed and delivered by now as we wouldn’t have to argue over a fee.

The reason I imagine it hasn’t been signed, sealed and delivered is the Spurs season hasn’t finished.

Apparently liked a post on Instagram of Rio reminiscing about our Champions League win. Oh it’s ON.

Seeing more ‘sources’ saying we’re well in for him and negotiations are ongoing. This is one signing that would make me so happy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m sceptical about whether we are just being used for Twitter likes and such. He’s been linked to Barca for so long and his mate De Jong is going there so the logical assumption is he’s off there.

However, if he does decide to come here we need to be absolutely sure he wants to come and is not doing it just because we’ve offered £50k a week more.

Personally this would be our best signing since RVP. Exactly what we need to strengthen our defence and already at 19 he has leadership experience. He’s the whole package and I think £70m in this climate is fine and dandy.

Personally this would be our best signing since RVP. Exactly what we need to strengthen our defence and already at 19 he has leadership experience. He’s the whole package and I think £70m in this climate is fine and dandy

I absolutely agree with you here. He would be a great signing for us. Young, talented, a leader already but also not the finished article. I still think he's Barca bound though.

He would be a brilliant signing but for me extremely unlikely. This may sound a bit hysterical but I can't see past the media wanting to build us up as favourites to sign him so that they can say how humiliating it is for us when he goes to Barcelona

Sky sources say club have ruled out a move for him.

No point entering a race you can’t win sounds like De Ligt wants the Barca move everything else is just noise now their season is over you imagine they’ll start moving players in and out.

Not that I’m inclined to believe sky sources but yeah not looking good. No point getting into a bidding war when you know you’re gonna lose.

If his head could be turned from Barca you best believe City, PSG, Madrid the lot would be in for him he’s seen as a generational talent by all the scouts.

Never felt we had the pulling power to get him literally what could we sell to him other than here’s double the wages you’ll get at Barca.

Utd I think are wasting time shopping at the top of the market right now we need to be buying smart and if they have ruled themselves out I think that’s wise and something they maybe need to consider doing more often.

Brilliant player but as said before Koulibaly is the man for us to take us forward, get the cheque book out and let Napoli write the cheque

Brilliant player but as said before Koulibaly is the man for us to take us forward, get the cheque book out and let Napoli write the cheque
If it was a straight shoot out between Koulibaly and De Ligt then the latter would win hands down every day. His ceiling is endless and while nothing his guaranteed I think he would take to the EPL like a duck to water. To be honest they would be a dream pairing so I would take both.

However, not sure we are going to get either to be honest. Koulibaly has CL football for Napoli and if he’s settled then why move. I’ve heard today we are in for Ruben Dias as an alternative but to be honest we have probably been linked with 20-30 players since the end of the season so I take most links with a pinch of salt at this stage.

Translation: De Ligt moves away from Barça. The club considers that, economically, the operation is unaffordable and sees that there are other priorities to cover in the squad. The Dutch defense would only come if it made an effort lowering the claims it has requested.

I was reading yesterday a united source :-/ in the MEN said that they think Barca are putting this story out so they can say they beat united to the signing.

I don’t believe anything any media outlet says. The narrative seems to be Barca or us but pretty sure we’re not the only ones in the race. Bayern are rebuilding so could well be in for him, City love to splash the oil money so will of course be interested and then there is PSG and Juve.

The only time I believe a story is when it turns up on the BBC website or the very few reliable guys like Di Marzio - although he’s not infallible.

The player himself has given an interview saying nothing will be sorted until after the nations league so no point wasting much time over it if his demands are as high as the rumours are suggesting then expect Barca to back out they don't have a bottomless pit of money and their wage bill is already out of control.

My guess is Barca are doing everything they can to drive down the price of the deal they probably feel pretty confident that they'd be the players first pick if he had the choice but they know how his agent works and they'll be working hard to bring the numbers down.

Transfer window doesn't even open for a month so this one will probably keep dragging on for a few more weeks yet.

He's now being linked to Liverpool & PSG.

Sounds to me like agents just doing the rounds trying to drive up the price.

I don't see Liverpool spending £80m on another centre back when they already have the best defence in the league I think it's more like they try and buy a few players to fill out the squad so they can compete on all fronts next season.

An un named Barca rep said this apparently about De Ligt. Not that I believe that, but none the less, interesting comment.

“With the state they’re in, it’s not far off picking the Chinese league, career-wise. It’d be sacrificing development and ambition for money in the same way,” the source said.

The story seems to be Barca are playing hardball saying they're not upping the offer if he wants to go elsewhere for more money then fine but they're not going to be bullied.

probably, but no CL, an unknown manager and a sporadic transfer policy. You have to wonder why a player like De Ligt would even contemplate united. Especially when their best player wants out.
I can't see us getting players of that calibre this close season.

Rumours Rashford wants out too.

If you were a player, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Barca, Madrid, Munich, PSG, Juve would come above united at the moment. Then you have Chelsea, Arsenal, Atletico, Inter etc all on a par - not talking wages here, we don't want players who only come for money.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back