De Gea not happy with United contract offer | now happy and about to sign deal

they've got to stick with Ole regardless of results. They must let one manager have a go rather than keep sacking them.

The results might not have gone our way so far, but they have been close, they could have gone either way. In hindsight, we should have bought a goalscorer, possibly Vardy.

In hindsight we should have appointed a director of football when Jose was sacked and waited until the summer to judge ole. Nothing sums this club up more than that decision to give him the job they couldn’t stick to a plan for 6 months how can we trust them to stick with one for 3 seasons?

We should of signed a fecking right forward we didn’t have one last season and we’ve been crying out for one for years and a backup striker was required. Vardy was never going to be the guy for that role but I think with a bit of half decent scouting we could have found someone we needed a Giroud type that you can go to and rely on but isn’t going to kick off if he’s benched.

Being reported on twitter source is Duncan castles (well connected to DDG’s agent) that deal is done €15m a year salary plus bonuses a 4 year deal with a 1 year option.

With Sanchez gone it makes him the top earner at the club.

If true hopefully he gets his focus back and finds top form again as we need it.

1 less thing for Ole to worry about he's got a good keeper he can count on for the next few years.

Glad that he's signed hopefully hopefully he can find top form again this season.

Moving forward? How so? They are a worse team and squad than they were last year.

Maybe it's just my outlook then. But I see club with a plan, they are shipping out a lot waste, and are bringing in young hungry people. For me the team is much better than last year. I couldn't bear watching them under Jose, 1 shot a game.

I see us moving forward with a plan, slowly, but I also expected that.

I'm more happy with the club today than any day since Fergie left.

Maybe it's just my outlook then. But I see club with a plan, they are shipping out a lot waste, and are bringing in young hungry people. For me the team is much better than last year. I couldn't bear watching them under Jose, 1 shot a game.

I see us moving forward with a plan, slowly, but I also expected that.

I'm more happy with the club today than any day since Fergie left.

So for me... I'm not really seeing a more exciting style. I guess against Chelsea it was but ultimately it's a style based on counter attacking football that as we've seen comes with real issues in a lot of games. The summer transfer window was better in terms of who we brought in BUT we didn't add enough. We didn't replace Herrera, Fellaini or Lukaku and that doesn't require proven talent we should have added other bright young players.

I don't think you can bring in a load of players in one window, we brought in three, maybe we could have done one more, but I would say 3 or 4 is max in one go.

I don't think you can bring in a load of players in one window, we brought in three, maybe we could have done one more, but I would say 3 or 4 is max in one go.

Think it depends on what sort of team you have currently if you're planning on changing the entire first XI there's no reason why you can't bring in more in one go.

I think they had to get 2 more in they need a midfielder and a striker or winger we've left ourselves way to short in those departments. I'm not saying both needed to be £70m signings but short term patches could have been found like Arsenal did with Ceballos on loan or finding a cheap back up striker.

The problem up front is our starting centre forward is Martial the back up is Rashford who is starting as a wide player so if one of them gets injured it effects 2 players.

I think the lack of director of football means we can't sniff out clever short term deals.

Maybe, I still think changing 20% of the squad is a little risky in one go. A lot of football is down to the feel in the dressing room, you have to get that right, and keep it at the correct level.

I do think one more, as you say, a back up to the forward role would have been advisable. But I guess they thought Greenwood. For me, I would have gone for Rice at West Ham for the midfield.

Maybe, I still think changing 20% of the squad is a little risky in one go. A lot of football is down to the feel in the dressing room, you have to get that right, and keep it at the correct level.

I do think one more, as you say, a back up to the forward role would have been advisable. But I guess they thought Greenwood. For me, I would have gone for Rice at West Ham for the midfield.

100% you've got to clear the bad eggs which is why I think they let Sanchez go even though on paper they needed him. Get those who aren't happy being on the bench but equally aren't good enough to be in your first team out the door, you can keep Pogba happy because 9/10 games he's starting an unhappy player who isn't playing can be a real problem in your dressing room. Utd's squad was huge it still is but it's really poorly balanced we've got loads of centre backs for example.

Rice signed a new deal last season so there was no chance of that one I don't think it needed to be a big name investing in the future signing for example they could have let Matic go (he was happy to leave) and get a replacement in, Longstaff seemed to be the one they really wanted but the fee being quoted was to high. I don't think Newcastle were prepared to sell at a sensible price considering the way things were with the fans next summer it might be a deal that is easier to do.

Think it came down to budget my gut feeling is after years of big spending the belt has been tightened by the board and there's probably more accountability in terms of spending.

Utd do have a problem and it's one all clubs face now which is the prices for even average players is stupidly high so you can either spend £70m on Rice or £50m on Longstaff or give McTominay a chance and see if you can find a solution elsewhere.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back