De Gea not happy with United contract offer | now happy and about to sign deal

He’s not played because he got a horrific injury which is why they picked up Hart and Heston hasn’t done anything since returning to deserve getting dropped. He was probably the best keeper in the league last season. The stats he had were outrageous.

He’s not played because he got a horrific injury which is why they picked up Hart and Heston hasn’t done anything since returning to deserve getting dropped. He was probably the best keeper in the league last season. The stats he had were outrageous.

That whole signing Hart thing never made sense to me when they already had 2 better keepers than him on the books and Heaton only missed the first few weeks of the season.

I think a certain Mr De Gea will have something to say about the best keeper in the league competition in 2017-18 and Ederson was a clear second in that competition but Pope had a great season which got him in the England squad but he wasn't picked as first choice.

It all depends on what you want these keepers can look great at a club like Burnley remember Ben Foster put them at Utd where you are expected to be more than just a shot stopper and they crumble because they can't play with the ball at their feet.

The fact he hasn't played in a year rules him out we can't even be considering taking those sort of gambles.

Buffon has left PSG.

See you later Dave.

Latest rumour is we're looking at the Lille keeper.

Highly rated in France and was apparently the player Ajax were looking at getting if they lost Onanna.

thought we had enquired about Donnarumma too.

Dave is going for sure, but going to PSG is a cop out, their only competetive games are the CL. The league is a really low standard

Ive not heard overly brilliant reviews about the Lille keeper, hopefully he is better than I've heard him being talked about.

I did hear that he's decent with his feet, which could work ?

He was top keeper in Ligue 1 I think, but that doesn't say much.

There's rumours that PSG are going for Navas from Madrid they've told Courtois he is number 1 next season so Navas wants to leave and PSG seems to be the destination although their other keeper is pretty decent so I don't think Buffon leaving is that much of an issue.

Dave's options are limited his wage demands coming off an ok season don't make him that attractive and I'm not convinced that outside of England he's actually rated that highly certainly when Utd are likely to be demanding £50m for him.

I still think it's a 50/50 call on him staying or going the worry is will he just run his deal down and go for free if Utd can't find a buyer I think we might see a new deal signed but with a release fee in it but he's a rich enough man now that he could take the gamble on running the contract down.

PSG should make a move for Dave and Dave should go to them. Jump from the sinking ship. He's been a great servant and a top player for us, he deserves better.

Let's remember he has been pretty well paid for his time here and the club, admittedly under fergie, coaxed him through a difficult early period. If he goes I will have no I'll will towards him but at the same time remember that at least in part it has been a two way street.

I am not convinced about his quality going forward, I read Oblak wants to come. I'd happily take him over De Gea

He didn't play the last 2 Spain qualifiers Kepa played instead but they made quite a few changes in these games so hard to tell if he's been dropped as the number 1 but it wouldn't surprise you.

Oblak only just signed a new contract at Madrid I know they've had a few player leave this summer but he'd be a very expensive replacement but he is top class. You could try and offer them a swap deal with De Gea with him going back to Atletico if he's desperate to go back to Spain but I think it's more like De Gea wants to join a team where he can win and Atletico look like they're going to be overhauling the team a bit.

Oblaks new contact didn't increase is buy out, which s 110m I think. He said an agreement was they would match his ambition, and he's not happy they are selling players.

De Gea isn't going to win much at Paris, other than Ligue 1.

Oblaks new contact didn't increase is buy out, which s 110m I think. He said an agreement was they would match his ambition, and he's not happy they are selling players.

De Gea isn't going to win much at Paris, other than Ligue 1.

They aren't actively selling players though clubs are going to have to paying buy out clauses for the likes of Griezmann and Rodri they did let Godin leave but his best years are well behind him. They have apparently told Rodri they are prepared to match offers he receives from other clubs and offer him a new deal as they want him to stay. They also sold that centre back to Bayern because they came in with a stupid offer.

£110m is not a realistic fee for a keeper it's 50% higher than the current world record that Chelsea shelled out on Kepa. Oblak apparently grew up as a Utd fan but unless we're talking a trade for De Gea I don't see how Utd can make that deal happen as Atletico Madrid will want the buy out.

Well PSG could easily sweep the domestic treble next season and they'd be considered amongst the favourites for the CL if they keep Mbappe if he stays at Utd he's probably best hope is winning the Europa League. If his spot in the national team is under threat he needs to be seen to be winning.

His job in the national team isn’t just under threat. He’s been dropped. Enrique made that very clear when he said ‘Kepa is in the better position to help us right now. Sometimes when it’s too easy you get comfortable’.

Going to PSG will mean not getting his National spot back. You aren’t putting in a keeper you’ve dropped on the back of watching a game for 89 minutes and making 1 save.

I think being dropped could be a real bonus for United. One it’ll make him want to knuckle down with football and stop this outside of football nonsense. Two it’ll make him realise he needs to up his game and he can’t just be as comfortable as he has been. If he’s serious about getting his spot in the national team back then PSG is a nonstarter

I didn't see the quotes from Enrique I just saw that they'd made a lot of changes and De Gea was on thin ice anyway after the world cup last summer he was not the favourite back in Spain. His reputation as the best keeper in the world was something that only really existed in England anyway outside of England he wasn't really seen as being the worlds best no questions asked he was seen as a good keeper but not this god like figure we painted him as.

I think if he goes PSG starts winning most of his games, keeping plenty of clean sheets and pulling off some good saves he will be straight back in as soon as Kepa screws up but unless Kepa's club form goes through the floor at the start of next season he'll have to wait until he makes enough mistakes for Enrique to drop him.

This means nothing he's got 1 year on his deal he either needs to stay or go Utd can't let it drag on if he's off they need it sorting in the next month so they can get his replacement in if he's not going they need him to extend his deal to protect his value. If he won't sign a deal then Utd have to buy a new keeper and bench him we are trying to rebuild we don't want to have to do that.

I want him to stay but this needs sorting now he either signs the contract that's been offered or we part ways and move on with someone else.

I cant see going to PSG will help him to be honest. It's just not competetive enough. And it looks like Enrique favours Kepa so De Gea needs to be exceptional. Kepa will be in a much stronger league.

Maybe he'll go back to Atletico, his girlfriend lives in Madrid after all

I am not convinced about his quality going forward, I read Oblak wants to come. I'd happily take him over De Gea
If DDG goes and we signed Oblak then we can kiss goodbye to another position being filled. Best thing that can happen is we keep him for another year and address next summer.

Just read we will table a new offer to him

Basically translates as my agent asked around and no one wants to buy me can I have a new contract please.

Same thing Fellaini did last summer and these lads know the club will give it to them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think he's worth every penny but I don't think the club really have a choice at this point.

He's earned that with performances on the pitch in a Utd shirt so I don't begrudge him his big contract POTY in 4 out of 6 seasons post Ferguson but we need him back at his best next season as last year he had a bit of a stinker.

Hopefully he's fully motivated he's lost his spot in the national team to Kepa so he'll be desperate to get that back with Euro 2020 and hopefully he'll want to make sure he gets us back in the CL.

He’s not worth that a week but he is the best we can get and it’s about not weakening our best 11. Hopefully it’ll be a 5 year deal and we have him tied down now and it’s finally the end to all this nonsense.

we should have sold and got Donnarumma or equal in my opinion.

What this tells me is no-one else wanted him.

Oh yeah 100% he's staying because no one else wants him any top player who's got offers to go elsewhere on similar wages won't be hanging around this place the state it is in right now but I think the way he finished last season and his high wage demands put a lot of potential clubs off him.

Will be nice to finally get this over the line.

At least at 6 years it gets rid of all the uncertainty for this remainder of this career.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back