Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive cameo from him. Much like Lingard but didn't have as much time on the pitch. Even had the balls to have a go at Berba which is good to see from youngsters. Hope to see more of him on Saturday.

Thought Petrucci did okay, nothing more nothing less for me. Unlucky with effort that hit crossbar. Hope to see more of him during your.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very impressive again, certainly doesn't look out of place in the first team like many of the youngsters on tour, we'll see how they do against better opposition.

Two excellent passes, but expected better after reading positive comments from several sources. The first half was pretty dire and thought no one was particularly impressive to be honest. Petrucci did okay.

Apparently the reserves have a game tomorrow as well so could be playing in that.

I forgot he got injured in last week's game. Could be because of that he didn't play. We'll see tomorrow if he plays.

Petrucci on the bench is unlikely. We have several attacking options that are ahead of Petrucci.

Is tonight's reserve game a friendly? I would have thought the captain of the team would be involved last night's competitive game? At 21 I assume he's not considered one of the older age players - if he is considered over age it may explain his absence with Fergie wanting game time for Evans, Buttner and Fletcher. Injury is probably the answer.

Just a friendly I think. It's on now. Behind closed doors so no updates.

Think we might see him in league cup matches but in his position we have Rooney & Kagawa plus the likes of Welbeck/Cleverley/Anderson would all probably fill in before he got a chance.

The club clearly rate him as they've offered him a new contract in the summer now his injuries look like they might behind him could see him possibly going out on loan to the championship to get some game time.

Yeah think so. Can't see him getting any first team opportunities for a while.

I think as soon as we go out of the league cup where he probably will get a game in the next round he'll go on loan but the club will want someone who will actually use him no point in him just going and sitting on the bench at another club.

If he didn't get in the squad for Newcastle at home I can't see him being involved away at Chelsea. Seems to me Lingard, Tunnicliffe and Powell are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

If he didn't get in the squad for Newcastle at home I can't see him being involved away at Chelsea. Seems to me Lingard, Tunnicliffe and Powell are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

I think the Rooney return probably didn't help him as normally he'd be watching from the stands for that game plus he had a bust up with Nani in training might have made it more difficult as we don't know and will never know the full extent of what happened there and who was to blame the fact the club didn't deny it suggests something happened.

His problem is his position is currently occupied by Kagawa/Rooney you then have players like Cleverley/Powell who may also be suited to it and the fact that he hasn't actually played a competitive game in England. Powell might be younger but he's had a season in league 2 which is much more competitive than the reserve teams games Petrucci plays.

Petrucci obviously trains with the first team on a regular basis so it might just be a case that when stepping up a level he just doesn't stand out as he has less time to pick out those killer passes to play the way he does in the premier league you have to be able to do it at break neck speed.

A loan would be great for him but it needs to be the right club who will play him and develop him like Leicester/Watford did for Cleverley as you only have to look at the loans that Macheda had to Sampdoria/QPR to see how they can work against a player.

Yeah it will be intriguing to see how he gets on. Whether he has a long term future at United or not he's still a very talented player.

Petrucci badly needs a loan move and first team football. The Mirror article seems to suggest he will leave in the summer.

I like Petrucci but I fear his time might have passed at United. He had a couple of long term injuries early in his time here which really halted his progress. I would have liked to have seen him given some sort of chance and maybe his loan period will give him that.

Very talented, would perhaps have been better but for the 2 injuries that kept him out for 18 months. If a bid came in next summer, I can see us accepting. It's incredibly hard to breakthrough, I would like to see Fergie have a bit more trust in the more talented young players when it comes to the League Cup but he knows what he's doing, i'm sure he has his reasons.

Great free-kick, but cant see where his future lies, especially as he is playing at U21 level as an over-age player

Put him in the first team, can't get much worse in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back