David Moyes at West Ham United 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: West Ham United 1-0 Chelsea - 9th December 2017

Played 4
Won 1
Drawn 1
Lost 2
Points 4
Goals For 3
Goals Against 9

West Ham: Why has London Stadium move been so problematic?

The worst thing that could've happened to West Ham did when they had a great last season at Upton Park because there was no way they could repeat that the next season they massively punched above their weight that season thanks to the brilliant Payet. If they'd just had their usual run of the mill season where they battle relegation but stay up people probably wouldn't miss the old ground as much.

It's scary when you read into things like it costs the stadium £2.25m per year just to put on up to 25 "events" a season makes you wonder who produces these cost plans for government just to break even they need to charge West Ham double what they currently do.

Premier League: Stoke City 0-3 West Ham United - 16th December 2017

Played 6
Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 2
Points 8
Goals For 6
Goals Against 9

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Every job in the world except Man United, Sunderland or Real Sociedad.

He doesn’t half talk some tripe. He is so self indulgent.

He said the other day he still thinks he deserved more time and if he’d realised not finishing in the top 4 would have got him sacked he’d have done things differently

He's mental isn't he pretty sure it was written in his contract if he didn't make top 4 he wasn't entitled to any bonuses as part of your severance.

To think you can take over the side that won the league by 11 points the previous season and finish 5th as being somehow acceptable?

Moyes biggest mistake was trying to change to much to quickly as we all accept things had to change but the players were all creatures of habit and until he changed the players he needed to be careful about what he changed because this lot would've savaged anyone who came in. If he wanted to change something he had to sacrifice a big name to show the squad who the new boss is and bring in a few soldiers of his own to mix up the dressing room.

At the time the only manager I think who could've handled that dressing room was Mourinho as I think the players respected him as they'd gone up against his teams whereas they'd faced Moyes teams and not been afraid, his best result against a Utd side was a 4-4 draw where our players to this day should be ashamed of what happened, they went into party mode thinking a league title was won.

Him getting that job was a mistake and it's a mistake that we're still suffering from now and all those involved in that decision no longer have any power at the club for that reason. Gill is gone and Fergie/Charlton have powerless positions on the board.

Moyes will probably do alright at West Ham but you can tell he's been much more positive with his talking this time around.

I'm sure Fergie pretty much hand picked Moyes himself. Surely he couldn't be that bad judge of manager? We may have won the league by 11 points but Fergie was possibly the only manager in the world who would have pulled that out that squad as they were pretty poor really. Hence why Moyes sruggled the season after, and so did LVG even though he spent (badly). I was pretty disappointed with Moyes when he was named as manager but he had a decent track record at Everton, ok we all know Everton isn't a big club like Utd, but even I thought he would possibly done better in his first year. His football was actually marginally better than LVG's too, which was utter, utter dire.
He's probably quite suited to West Ham.

Fergie did hand pick Moyes but pretty sure his reasonings were that he saw a lot of himself in Moyes and he would be a long term option, rather than someone like Jose or some of the other guys knocking about at the time, who would perhaps be a short term option. I was never convinced by the appointment and some of the things Moyes did were odd, such as waiting until the final day of the window to sign Fellaini, when he could of got him £10m cheaper a week before.

I wouldn’t say his football was better than LVG’s - I think he was dreadful in the big games and we never looked like scoring.

He seemingly thinks he’s the second coming of the messiah because he’s had a few good results at West Ham. He’s an insufferable man.

How can a guy who has failed so miserably at so many clubs in succession think he is the second coming of the messiah?? lol

I'd probably say Jose thinks that buthis confidence is now dented by what Guardiola is doing.

Moyes is just another merry go round manager. Admittedly I cant stand the sight of his face on tv tho lol

Fergie did hand pick Moyes but pretty sure his reasonings were that he saw a lot of himself in Moyes and he would be a long term option, rather than someone like Jose or some of the other guys knocking about at the time, who would perhaps be a short term option. I was never convinced by the appointment and some of the things Moyes did were odd, such as waiting until the final day of the window to sign Fellaini, when he could of got him £10m cheaper a week before.

I wouldn’t say his football was better than LVG’s - I think he was dreadful in the big games and we never looked like scoring.

He seemingly thinks he’s the second coming of the messiah because he’s had a few good results at West Ham. He’s an insufferable man.

Even Fergie has rolled back on that version of history possibly to protect his own legacy if you read recent reports Utd spoke to Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp & Ancelotti about the job but by the time they did all the big names had committed elsewhere for the following season. I don't think the club gave themselves enough time to sort it because they didn't want word slipping out when we were hunting the title it wasn't until that was wrapped up that it was all announced.

I think Fergie "picked" Moyes because he was Scottish.

Moyes got rid of Fergie's coaching staff and the transfer policy that summer was comical we dithered with Thiago then Pep jumped in an took him to Munich, we got played by Fabregas/Ronaldo as they looked for new contracts at existing clubs and like you say we ended up going for the last man on the list in Fellaini after we realised Herrera couldn't happen as we didn't know how to do a release clause deal. We tried with Baines but Everton were already really unhappy with the way Moyes left as he basically left them at the last minute to take the Utd job they were expecting him to renew his contract so they were very reluctant to sell us any of their players.

I don't remember the football being particularly terrible but he destroyed all morale at the club he clearly didn't know how to manage a squad of players he run guys like Rio & Vidic into the ground in training, didn't have the bottle to sub RVP when he'd just come back from injury and surprise surprise he got injured again, never gave Zaha a game, Rafael was never the same again. He gave confidence to everyone coming to Old Trafford by saying things like "we want to make it hard for Newcastle" in press conferences.

Fair play he seems to have sorted things out at West Ham where he's actually got a fairly decent squad who really hated the previous manager but he'll never get a better job than that again and to be honest he was lucky to get that one. It's a real shame that guys like Allardyce, Pardew, Hodgson & Moyes are getting more chances to be average at clubs again rather than seeing some fresh blood with new ideas come in.

West Ham 0-3 Burnley

Fans protesting against the owners, fighting in the stands, fans running on to the pitch during the game and owners forced to leave the ground early.

That club is imploding on and off the pitch.

There were some reports that the club paid off a group of fans (ex hooligan firm the ICF) to try and stop the protests and this has created a huge rift in the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back