David De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we do this when we could get Lloris, Neuer, Akinfeev and other more proven goalkeepers for less.

Kill 2 birds with one stone innit. There is obviously some interest from our side.

i think the most we spent is on Barthez? wasn't his the british transfer record for a GK till Gordon was bought by Sunderland?

and Van der Gea is great youngster, knocked Asenjo off the no. 1 place at Athletico, Asenjo is also very talented, They have 2 great GK's!

He's better than Lloris, asenjo, Akinfeev in the sense that they have improved with experience, this guy is pure natural ability!! but i think he's a bit too young, not sure if he's ready to step in at United, and also strikingly similar to VDS in his general physical build!

Not seen a lot of De Gea to be honest. Heard good things about him though.

He's a great goalkeeper. will be Spain's next GK, no doubt about it. Ferguson and Steele must have been impressed with him. He made great saves against Valencia.
But I see two problems. Age and value. He's only 19 years-old. I think he is not ready yet to make that jump. And I think Atletico will ask a high price for him. If I remember correctly, He's valued by £25m. No chance to see United paying that value for a GK.

Well this Lindegaard bloke might be a cheap option for that? Not sure how much his club are asking...

De Gea would be a better buy, and i don't think Athletico will want PIG in return.
He's been excellent in Europe also, he's clearly very talented, we should get him before someone like Arsenal move in..

i wouldn't believe what players say, it seems like something Sir Alex could make a player say if he wants the deal to remain a secret?

If I was Kuszszak i'd want out in January,seeing as Lindegaard will be arrivivng and possibly De Gea in the summer

I think another GK will come in next summer, don't think it will be De Gea though, expect someone more experienced.

Reports today that another keeper WILL be signed....Wouldn't surprise me if the De Gea deal is already done.

hope we do, not too sure about Lindegaard yet, but he does deserve a chance to prove himself before one jumps to conclusions

Not sure who else i would want us to sign other than De Gea, akinfeev perhaps

Akinfeev while he's impressed and would make a good Prem keeper, is too small for my liking and is prone to the odd howler. Reminds me of a better version of Ben Foster.

Small in my opinion, Schmeichel was 6ft 4 and VDS is 6ft 5. He's not just small in height, he don't look big, if you know what i'm saying. Need a big presence as has been proved with our 2 successful GK's of the last 15-20 years. Which is why Stekelenburg might be a good option, not sure he's good enough though. Neuer would probably be my choice.

New from GuillemBalague: Atletico Madrid confirm United offer accepted. Now up to De Gea to agree terms.

I'd be surprised if VDS does continue, might depend on what and how much we win this season. I think his mind is made up and we should respect that though to be honest. Go out at the top, people remember the last thing you did and not what you've done before. Look at the Brazilian Ronaldo, great player and a great career but it was tarnished by his latter years in the game. People don't remember the brilliance of him, most people remember him as a fat useless striker. Edwin could go on another season but i'd hate to see it go bad.

Sky Sports are saying that De Gea is saying that 'Atletico are my team forever'.

So he's off to us then! lol.

Alex's brother Martin was at Atletico's game tonight watching De Gea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back