David de Gea to Real Madrid?

At this moment in time do we snap their hands off at £70m?

At this moment in time do we snap their hands off at £70m?
I’d say yes. Obviously he’s still got a lot to give but mistakes are creeping into his game and to be honest his work from crosses and kicking has never been amazing but he’s made up for it in all other areas. However, the last season or two he’s been questionable. Still a wonderful shot stopper but not as formidable.

He was destined to go a few years back but for a fax machine so for £70m I would say thank you and back Henderson as our future number one.

Looks like Henderson was amazing today vs Norwich - he is getting better and better.

Didn't we get rid of the goalkeeping coach who was really helping DeGea iron out of his game? DeGea's reflexes are still the best in the world. The lapses in concentration while passing with his feet don't change that. DeGea's issue is in his head, and I'd prefer we spend the money on coaching to help him get right, rather than sell him and hope Henderson can rise to the occasion.

That said, if DeGea wants to go, he should be allowed to go, and he should be thanked profusely for being the only thing stopping us from being relegation fodder at times.

Didn't we get rid of the goalkeeping coach who was really helping DeGea iron out of his game? DeGea's reflexes are still the best in the world. The lapses in concentration while passing with his feet don't change that. DeGea's issue is in his head, and I'd prefer we spend the money on coaching to help him get right, rather than sell him and hope Henderson can rise to the occasion.

That said, if DeGea wants to go, he should be allowed to go, and he should be thanked profusely for being the only thing stopping us from being relegation fodder at times.
I am certainly not a De Gea knocker but 70m when we have a 22yr old looking like the real deal and ready to step up? Surely?

I am certainly not a De Gea knocker but 70m when we have a 22yr old looking like the real deal and ready to step up? Surely?
Dude, what are you going to do with the money? What do you think the owners are going to do? That money goes straight into Glazer pockets. They have not used sales of players to fund purchases. I don’t care how much money they spend and I don’t care how much they might make on a sale. If DeGea is still one of the top keepers in the world and wants to stay, we keep him.

The thing is we’ve got one of the best keepers in the prem already on our books. Losing De Gea won’t strengthen us. But Henderson replacing him and the £70m going towards Sancho certainly would strengthen us.

You also can’t say the Glazers don’t put the transfer money back in to the club. Since Fergie retired has there been a summer where we sold more than we spent?

The thing is we’ve got one of the best keepers in the prem already on our books. Losing De Gea won’t strengthen us. But Henderson replacing him and the £70m going towards Sancho certainly would strengthen us.

You also can’t say the Glazers don’t put the transfer money back in to the club. Since Fergie retired has there been a summer where we sold more than we spent?
There has been no shortage of funds for transfers in the years since Fergie retired, I never understand why fans suggest that has been the case. Unfortunately it has been poorly spent with no forward vision. Just looking for immediate impact which never happened with any of them. Thank god Ole is taking a longer term view and correcting this. And yes, if the 70m was spent towards the Sancho fee then it certainly will strengthen us.

I’d sell him for half that at this point.

Looks like a player in decline but I’m not buying it Courtois has just found some form Madrid need to rebuild in attack no way are they dropping that sort of money on a keeper now.

If he stays great but if he wanted to go I think the club now would be prepared to let him go I just don’t see the big offers coming for him now his reputation has taken a beating in the last 2 years I think other keepers are now considered to be a level above him now.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back