Heard all this stuff last season as well club expect him to agree a new deal then nothing happens.

The only top side not 100% tied down with a keeper I can think of are Juventus if Szchezney doesn't settle in as the Buffon replacement they might look to buy a top quality keeper.

To me we've got to prove to DDG that we can compete if we want him to extend otherwise he might just run his deal down again this lad deserves to be fighting for the biggest prizes in football.

Could sign tomorrow but wouldn't surprise me if he waited 12 months see how this season goes.

would you leave united for Juve?

The only side I can see him leaving for is PSG

I agree

I think he loves the club especially the fans. And Herrera pretty much said that's how De Gea feels while the world cup was on. I think the way the fans reacted after his failed Madrid move meant a lot to him. If it had been the other way round Madrid fans would have boo'ed him.

would you leave united for Juve?

The only side I can see him leaving for is PSG

Yeah why not they've got a much better team and are winning the league every year and challenging for the CL. Think you can make a solid case for them being the 2nd best team in Europe over the last 5 years they're bossing their domestic league think it's 7 in a row and they're always into the 1/4 finals of the CL 2 maybe 3 finals in 5 years they are a long long way ahead of us on the pitch.

If I was him if they can match my salary and I'm prepared to move to Italy why not. Would living in Turin be any worse than living in Manchester? They've just managed to sign Ronaldo and if he asks Pogba or Evra they'd be very positive about Juventus as a club.

If Utd can show they can compete I think he will stay but if by Xmas we've got no chance in the league again he might decide to move next summer. He needs to see the club moving in the right direction and his mates Herrera & Mata might not be here long term as both have contracts that expire next summer and talks of renewals for them are very quiet rumours both have had promises of good offers to return to Spain on free transfers.

All that said if Utd put the money on the table and say here's a deal comparible to Sanchez commit for 5 years I think he'd find that very hard to turn down. He's got a very powerful and now Chelsea have just had to sell Courtois for 1/2 what they paid for his replacement because he ran his deal down to 12 months. If Dave doesn't sign this season he has to be sold next season and with keepers now going for £70-80m we'd only get 1/2 that because of his contract.

The only top side not 100% tied down with a keeper I can think of are Juventus if Szchezney doesn't settle in as the Buffon replacement they might look to buy a top quality keeper.
They signed Perin from Genoa who is apparently really highly rated so I guess he will be number one but guess Schez-however-you-spell-it could get a chance after being Buffon’s back up.

I think De Gea will sign a new deal and we will have him until the end of his days and I am so glad. He’s an unbelievable keeper and even though he had a bad World Cup I think he will be bounce back and be his usual genius self this year.

I can see why Madrid went Courtois, best keeper at the WC, last year of contract so relatively cheap, but I do think De Gea is the better keeper at the moment.

A lot of De Gea's work is reflexes rather than reading the game, be interesting to see how that goes the older he gets.

Madrid wanted Kepa in January but Zidane wouldn't sign off on it he signed a new deal at Bilbao moving his buyout from 17m to 80m and Madrid just weren't prepared to play that for a keeper. Courtois I think makes a lot of sense for them exploiting the contract situation at Chelsea and I bet he's earning less than De Gea earns currently.

While I think De Gea is the number one in the business I think Courtois is not far behind him.

Lets hope Dave signs soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, can’t blame him. Can only see PSG really

And if he does go, Woodward should pay the price for that error.

Juventus or PSG are the obvious destinations for him possibly back to Atletico if Utd tried to take Oblak as a replacement but you really can't blame him. The club are drifting further and further away from where it was when he joined and he's not in anyway at fault. He deserves to be competiting for titles in his peak years.

Jose no longer confident De Gea will sign

Juve want him on a free, PSG want him

He won’t get the wages we are offering at any other club as for the signing fee Utd would give him one of those for renewing his deal. Financially Utd’s offer would dwarf what anyone else would pay him but my guess is there are other reasons why he’d leave I think he wants to be in a side that can compete for top trophies as right now Utd are nowhere near and he’s given us 5 years to get back on our feet.

PSG are offering him 300,00o a week. So I think he will get the same.

Just saw the Young Boys save. We're going to miss him when he's gone. Woodward is a muppet.

PSG are offering him 300,00o a week. So I think he will get the same.

Just saw the Young Boys save. We're going to miss him when he's gone. Woodward is a muppet.

Post game Mourinho said to the press that he knows the player wants to stay, the agent wants him to stay, the club want him to stay.

You'd hope that means that it'll be resolved probably just a game of chicken between all parties trying to get the best deal.

That was an unreal save.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back