David De Gea | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

jsp

Man Utd 1-3 Crystal Palace

made a good save on the penalty but will need to work on his technique as any movement off the line will now be punished by VAR.

Good save from Ayew in normal play as well.

Nervy on the ball wants to much time doesn’t make quick decisions with his feet which can sometimes mean he’s boxed in. Think we need to find a longer ball option to play out sometimes and mix it up a little if the chance is there.

Could have been in trouble with the Zaha one vs one after the header sold him short but luckily it broke his way.

IDFD

Even though we conceded 3 I don’t think there’s anything you could say he done wrong yesterday and his save from the pen was unlucky.

jsp

Even though we conceded 3 I don’t think there’s anything you could say he done wrong yesterday and his save from the pen was unlucky.

Apart from that moment where he passed a Palace player the ball 20 yards from goal.

Was a very nervy start from him I think but he did settle down.

He almost got the Townsend one as well that would have been an amazing reaction save but just couldn’t quite get it round the post.

Mr C

Caught out of position for the goal last night according to the BBC report

Berba_God

Apart from that moment where he passed a Palace player the ball 20 yards from goal.

Was a very nervy start from him I think but he did settle down.

He almost got the Townsend one as well that would have been an amazing reaction save but just couldn’t quite get it round the post.

jsp

Think Dave is being harshly picked out there the midfield has put absolutely no pressure on the ball and the defense has allowed a striker to make a run right through the middle of the pitch so easily.

He's clearly caught in no mans land as a result but the problem starts long before it gets to him he's the last line of defense not the first.

He's constantly hammered for staying on his line that position is exactly where all those top sweeper keepers would be starting he's got no chance of getting to the striker before he takes a touch and he hits it so early he's got no chance.

The keeper should be furious with his defense in that situation how are you letting a guy run through that easily.

Red Warrior

Couldnt agree more, stewpped up his game since Hendo landed. I've knocked him lately but hats off to him, great performance.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now