Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2014/15
David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2013/14

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City - 10th August 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Player was going for the ball so he stayed to make the save. Just got unlucky that it hit the post and come back

Think he misjudged it thought it was going wide and got caught out as Vardy was so alert and gambled not at fault but he will be disappointed that he didn’t beat Vardy to the rebound. I don’t think he expected Vardy to follow it in.

Had a dodgy kick at one point but made a few sharp saves hopefully World Cup is out of his mind now

Yeah think he thought it was going wide. Poor goal to concede but a bit of a freak one too. After a poor World Cup, he was back on form here.

new deal to be signed very soon, I just read

Is his downturn in form being overtalked about? Just looking at the World Cup and his goals conceded we’re 2 pens, that Ronaldo free kick. An unsavable header from a free kick. A defensive mistake leaving a player through one on one and that Ronaldo free kick.

Looking at the prem. De Gea is 4th in the league for saves made. He isn’t at the top of his game but because it’s him we judge him harsher.

Keeper stats are a hard thing to judge because there are saves you can make and saves you can't make there's no real expected saves stat for keepers. Haha!

I think the world cup has knocked him he's not super dave like he was last season he's now looking human again but I do think the World Cup knocked him a bit because he made a mistake and a few others in the build up and he took a lot of the backlash in the press over there plus he's lost his chance of going back to Madrid.

The thing that to me has been noticeably worse this season is his kicking seems to have dipped in quality but I think that's something that has declined over a few years

Champions League: Manchester United 1-0 Young Boys - 27th November 2018

Some save.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The footwork to get himself in a position to reach back is ridiculous.

He had no right saving that. And the fact he did probably saved our champions league campaign.

The save was pretty unreal. Best goalkeeper in the world bar none. Reminded me a little bit of the Schmeichel save vs Rapid Vienna (think it was then) many years ago, mainly in the fact he had no right to save it.

The club have triggered his one year extension.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Huddersfield Town - 26th December 2018

Some save.

Good to see #davesaves back in action vital moment in the game as we were on the ropes and super Dave steps up.

Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Manchester United - 13th January 2019

The Alderweireld save was the best out of the lot, for me.

Still the best in the world bar none. Has had his shaky times but class is permanent. Loved how some opposing fans were putting guys like Ederson and Allison ahead of De Gea because of his tricky little period - but he is still the best in the land.

This whole best keeper thing I think is very dependant on what type of keeper you want.

De Gea does everything to a massively high standard apart from dominate outside his box he's not a keeper who pushes up off his line playing as a sweeper keeper which has become kind of the norm. I don't think he's particularly comfortable rushing out of his box to make clearences he'd rather allow the attacker to come to him and back himself in the one vs one that rushing out is high risk because you get it wrong it's either a goal or a red card.

Of the 3 top keepers in the league I'd say they're all on a fairly similar level because they're all a perfect fit for the club they are at.

Shot Stopping
De Gea
Allyson
Ederson

Distribution
Ederson
Allyson
De Gea

De Gea certainly put a few balls straight out against Spurs.

I think Dave is levels above anyone else

De Gea certainly put a few balls straight out against Spurs.

I think this is a part of his game that seems to have got worse over the last few years he's not as good with his feet as he was a few years back maybe hitting more long passes than short passes due to tactics?

Ederson is ridiculous those long balls he sends out to the likes of Sane or Aguero are like nothing I've ever seen

Two belting goals but should he have done better? If it wasn't De Gea I probably wouldn't think he should have but I'd expect him to do better for the first goal at least if not the 2nd too.

Two belting goals but should he have done better? If it wasn't De Gea I probably wouldn't think he should have but I'd expect him to do better for the first goal at least if not the 2nd too.

I think he will say he should have done better with the first but it was hit so hard that it was past him before he got to it so he could only push it into the goal.

The free kick was just perfection no keeper is stopping that.

I’d credit the strikes rather than criticise the keeper.

I thought he should have done better with both to be honest. The second one he seemed to nervous of hitting the post to me.

I thought he should have done better with both to be honest. The second one he seemed to nervous of hitting the post to me.

This is like every superman film where the people have started taking the super hero for granted.

I think those two go past any other keeper and people don't say anything sometimes you just have to credit the strikes.

On the free kick he has to offer him that top corner and if the player finds it you are helpless because if you start further over then you aren't covering your side properly so you can't win.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2019

Poor for Arsenal's first goal.

Yeah got totally done by the swerve it did move late but he was totally done by it and made to look stupid because he'd misread the flight of the ball.

Everytime there is a pen against us, you know it will be a goal unless they miss the target. De Gea is awful at penalties, he needs to improve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back