David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Smalling actually looks over his shoulder a couple of times and sees him there. Not sure what either him and Valencia are doing.

So chose to do neither?

He worries me big time Smalling, you think he will start Bailly Sunday? At the moment I would have Lindelof ahead of Smalling in the pecking order, thought he done alright last night.

If Bailly is fit he starts. Also depends on how we think Chelsea play. If they play Hazard through the middle with no Giroud or Morata then Lindelof plays. If they’re playing Giroud/Morata then has to be Smalling

So chose to do neither?

He could have done better. Other than that one incident he had a good game. It was shame the other players in the team were unable to match the performances of both centre backs and De Gea.

Smalling I think gambled on the striker making a near post run and really Valencia needs to be tighter and keeping that gap smaller to defend the ball to the back post.

De Gea once again bailed us out I know there weren’t loads of tough saves but trying to play defensively Utd have let Sevilla take 20 shots and get 8 on target quite a few of those shots were inside the box as well. We are not good at this whole parking the bus thing we rely on De Gea to be brilliant and our attack to be super clinical, we really need to bin these tactics sooner rather than later or Mourinho has got to buy a whole squad of players who can do it.

It’s 18 months now and it’s clear he cant get this lot to do it and it really isn’t getting us anywhere, I don’t even see us getting better at it over the last 18 months we look better vs the weaker sides but we look so poor playing Park the bus.

He could have done better. Other than that one incident he had a good game. It was shame the other players in the team were unable to match the performances of both centre backs and De Gea.

Really don’t think Smalling had a good game. He was okay. He was turned 4 or 5 times and left scrambling. He was poor for both of their good chances and we should have conceded twice because of his mistakes. He kept backing off and backing off and allowing their shots from range with no closing down. He needs to start being proactive not reactive.

Premier League: Crystal Palace 2-3 Manchester United - 5th March 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was De Gea dropped against Brighton? talk of his agent looking for a route out, doesn't play the next game?

Hasn't been playing the cup games this season. Nothing to worry about.

ah ok.

to be honest, I wouldn't blame him for going back to Spain

All the reports coming out over here are he's happy to commit to a new contract as long as he's put up with the top earners if he isn't offered what the likes of Sanchez/Pogba/Lukaku are getting then he might not sign a new deal.

I think he knows the Madrid move is unlikely for the time being because of the transfer fees involved and I don't think he wants to take the risk of running his contract right down to go on a free. The reports coming out of Spain currently are they're more focused on the Roma keeper Allyson and Courtious than De Gea.

He's done more than his fair share in terms of service so if he wanted to go back I'd have no problem but Madrid would have to pay serious money for him.

Just give him a 5 year contract and let him fill in the numerical values himself. He's our only real stand out player.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back