David de Gea | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester City - 21/9/2014

Had a slow start to the season, I think, possibly/probably due to the uncertainties in front of him, though a goalkeeper is part of the defensive unit.

I would to like see him be more vocal, quicker off his the line and add a presence in the penalty area.

I think he's too deep, now we're playing a higher back line he needs to push higher too. I think this has created issues at the back, for instance the mix up with Rojo last weekend that ended with Evans saving his bacon. A few things he can work on still.

I kind of wish Eric Steele was still working with him.

West Ham United - 27/9/2014

He should be disappointed with his part in West Ham's goal. He needs to command his area we need a defender that is dominant in the air. Distribution was poor.

Everton - 5/10/2014

World class keeping display.

After the game I thought about what Carragher and Neville were saying the other night about Mignolet not making the difference in winning games. De Gea did just that today. He hasn't looked all that assured so far this season but thought he looked a bit more confident and decisive.

I have been a little critical in recent weeks. I could not really put goals down to his errors but I hadn't seen him pull off a real worldie to keep us in the game. That changed today. He won us that game

Yeah goals we've conceded haven't been his fault but I think he's contributed to a nervousness at the back by being positioned poorly. I think De Gea has spoken recently of Frans Hoek working on this with him.

Outstanding. World class save after world class save.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OKhgYUnMaPV[/vine]

Outstanding!!!! Man of the match for us today. He was the difference between us and the bin dippers today

Chelsea - 26/10/2014

Fantastic once again he was the better of the two keepers despite the other one getting MOTM.

Such a shame we conceded from a set piece after that fantastic save. He was unbelievably annoyed and rightly so. He might as well not have saved the Hazard chance.

Dont understand how the other keeper got MOTM??? Some good saves again from Spanish Dave, couldnt do anything with the goal

Courtois is an excellent keeper but Hazard was their best player for my money. Unreal player, one that got away.

Fantastic save from Dave. Was let down a minute later though.

Manchester City - 2/11/2014

Could have been worse a lot earlier but for De Gea.

Yeah, he kept us in the game, alright.

Brave.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OOgZVOjLhpv[/vine]

De Gea se lesiona en el entrenamiento y es baja ante Bielorrusia - MARCA.com

Translation:
David de Gea suffered a dislocated little finger of his right hand in training the Spanish team performed at the Nuevo Colombino stadium in Huelva and may not be available for Saturday's encounter against Belarus, but the keeper will concentrate Red waiting to be measurable to Germany in a friendly on Tuesday in Vigo.

The Spanish goalkeeper was unable to finish the session organized by Vicente del Bosque. De Gea attempted to stop a low shot Paco Alcacer and to tackle the ball poorly, was injured.

Manchester United goalkeeper was treated by team doctors, he quickly reduced inflammation, and then retired from coaching.

The doctor Oscar Celada confirmed the injury and said that will not abandon the merger.

"De Gea has retired from coaching by trauma to the fifth finger of the right hand. There was a dislocation that he has fallen because he has experience another time. For now it remains with us, we will see how this evolves Inflammation and what is on the fifth finger "reported in the media at the conclusion of training.
Dr. Celada ruled that De Gea will be able to participate against Belarus but left in air recovery for Tuesday for the meeting to start against Germany loomed. "Tomorrow is not going to find probably fit to play," confirmed.

David de Gea is not having much luck with the Spanish team. At the World Cup in Brazil also suffered a hamstring injury and much of the training in Brazilian lands Red missed.

Arsenal - 22/11/2014

Outstanding.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OJLl30EpX5A[/vine]

Just unreal. If possible, let van Persie go and give De Gea his wage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So far he is. Expect Rooney or Di Maria to be by end of the season though.

Stoke - 2/12/2014

Difference between 0 and 9 (give or take) points this season. Unbelievable.

Southampton - 8/12/2014

Another top save.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OrdqMKlHtE9[/vine]

Another 2 points he's had a hand in. En route to dominating player of the season awards again.

Liverpool - 14/12/2014

Outstanding. I had a smirk on my face at the end when he made save after save from Balotelli.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/O60grx7mHhh[/vine]

[vine]https://vine.co/v/O60jh5j05aE[/vine]

Only player I think we can give any real praise to today, out of the 22. Difference between the 2 sides were the keepers and the finishing. Sturridge might have made a difference for them though. No idea how they didn't score that one on one, not sure if that can really be considered as great keeping rather than poor from Sterling.

Man of the match by a looooonnnng way. He was excellent for us again. He alone has been the difference between us winning and losing at least in 4 games now.

He really has earned us a huge amount of points this season. We could easily have lost yesterdays game only for De Gea. The save at 0-0 from Sterling just before our own goal was a big moment.

Liverpool - 22/3/2015

Questions over whether he could have done better for the goal. Thoughts?

Even if he could have done better, thought he had a good game despite having not much to do. Excellent in sweeping up behind the defence, much better starting position now than pre-Hoek.

Aston Villa - 4/5/2015

He's rubbish. He'll be disappointed by Villa's goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back