David Alaba says Ala-bye-bye?

jsp

Looks like he'll be off on a free this summer Bayern refusing to meet his current demands and have withdrawn from talks with him.

He's 28 now so clubs would need to be cautious but he's moved from a left back to centre back so he'd be a huge asset to any team that could get him it will just come down to what he wants and what he realistically has left in the tank.

Think his future probably is now at centre back rather than left back but you have to assume all the big hitters will be in for this guy.

Looks like he's going to Real Madrid on a free.

Be on big wages but could be a good signing for them be interesting to see if they use him as a centre back or left back.

Read he won't make a decision until April and numerous clubs are in for him.

Bits I’ve seen are from German football pundits won’t be made official until later in the season but the decision has been made.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wages reported be around £400k a week plus bonuses.

People wonder why Madrid are skint.

Why do clubs fall for this bosman blag all the time.

Players should not be getting the saving you make from not paying a transfer fee.

This is where I saw clubs only have themselves to blame the top clubs could all put a stop to that tomorrow by just saying no to these deals. Players would then be less incentivised to run contracts down to try and force better offers.

Didn’t realise he was still only 28, been around for what seems like donkeys years!!

I wonder where he's going to play for Madrid...

My guess would be centre back as currently it looks like either Ramos or Varane will move on as both need new contracts. My guess is Ramos gets the deal he wants and stays for 2 more season and Varane is sold.

Even if the more logical move is allow Ramos to go on a free and give Varane the new deal.

Think at his age now it would be tough for him to be the marauding left back he was when he broke through 10 years ago.

So according to Raphael Honingstein who works for various outlets Alaba was offered €16m a season to stay at Bayern but Real Madrid offered €25m to join them.

So every time I hear their president complain about football and how it’s future is in trouble financially I will think back to this deal and remember the reason it’s in trouble is the people running clubs have absolutely no concept of cost control.

I get you need to offer more than Bayern to tempt him away but over 60% above their offer is ridiculous.

Bayern's offer was over 1m a month, for kicking a ball, and he turned it down. The sport is ridiculous

Would you accept 16m if you could get 25m?

It’s a job at the end of they day my issue is the club offering 25m as that’s just driving up wages.

Of course, he should get what he can, my issue is the amount of money elite sportsmen earn. The game/games have gone crazy

My take on it is they are the entertainment so they deserve the money but their ever increasing demands do push up the cost of being a fan as tickets/TV deals go up these costs are passed on to us.

That is why now more than ever the fans need the clubs to get control of their costs as the cost of being a fan needs to come down.

I think there few people, if any, in this world who need a 25m a year salary.

I think there few people, if any, in this world who need a 25m a year salary.

No but when you are the top of the top of your profession then you do deserve to be well paid that is sort of how capitalism works especially if your career if as short as that of a top athlete.

There’s plenty of people in the world earning a lot more than footballers do.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back