Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Arsenal 2-1 Leicester City - 14th February 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Arsenal 1-2 Watford - 13th March 2016

Took the goal really really well and looked pretty lively when he came on... But my god will he kick himself about the open goal miss!

Thought he took his goal really well and he liked lively when he came on. But in typical Welbeck style he missed that open goal.

I know lots will disagree with me but I still think we were wrong to sell him. I know he hasn't set the world alight at Arsenal but I think he's a quality player. For a start he's got pace which the team needs, he's got skill and he can play either up front or if needs be on the wing.

Everton 0-1 Arsenal - 19th March 2016

Top goal.

Love it when people do something that helps support my argument! ;) Well done Danny! Really good team goal and a great composed finish. If only he could do it more often.

I think most of us would agree Danny isn't the best goal scorer in the world. Don't think he has ever really scored enough. When he was at United though the team tended to play better when he was in it. On the whole I would rather we still had him.

Agree with that booth, he was often played out of position with us. My understanding is that Welbeck wanted to leave for more games as a Striker which Van Gaal couldn't offer him. Thought Welbeck was a player Van Gaal would like but didn't work out. We move on. We have a better player now in Martial and perhaps a better prospect in Rashford.

I can understand why Danny wanted to leave in the end. He obviously felt that he wasn't going to play enough under LVG and especially as a striker. I just think how dangerous we could be if we had him still at the club. Imagine Martial, Welbeck and Rashford all in attack with that pace, power and skill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back