Danny Rose

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like his attitude he seems to be a proper fighter and wants to win things that interview he did in the summer put a lot of people off him but I saw what he was saying and thought these are the kind of people you need in squads if you want to be successful.

If he's over his injury I'd happily take him but probably needs to be one that's done in the summer as Spurs won't sell him mid season. If we can do a deal where Shaw goes the other way then I think it's win win for Utd and possibly even Spurs but they'd be gambling that under Poch Shaw can return to being the player he was 3 seasons ago.

This story will come up every time he's "dropped" by Spurs but he isn't really being dropped Spurs swap their full backs every game so it's obvious that Rose will play vs Dortmund.

Would take him all day long
For sure.

If he gets over his injuries like jsp mentioned then I would happily take him. He may have had his injuries but you can go through unlucky runs with injuries and hopefully he’s over them. I still harbour real hopes of Shaw making it here but if we cut our losses then at 27, Rose is a good age and a good fit for us I would say.

Yeah definitely mate, solid at the back, pace, good going forward, can put in a good ball, comes up with the odd goal every now and then, seen rumours yesterday United have told Jose he can sign 4 top class players in the summer, the names linked were Griezman, Bale (would prefer Rose!), that midfielder from Valencia that Bob done a you tube thing on, can't remember his name, and Forsberg is it from Leizberg, the right winger.

I think the thing with the injury is it was 1 long injury that kept him out for 10 months rather than 3 or 4 short ones that were just recurring every time he came back so I don't think it's a big problem for him.

Utd need to sign a left back in the summer arguably in January if we aren't going to use Shaw and he's probably been the best one in the league for the last 2-3 years but at 27 is he potentially past his best? The only reason I say that is the modern full back position is gruelling but the way Utd play he should be able to play 2 games a week as he isn't required to get forward as much as he does playing at Spurs.

It might be 18 months away but the right back spot also needs attention Valencia is struggling with 2 games a week now he's into his 30's and Utd need an alternative that isn't just Ashley Young who's also in his 30's. Like I say it's not critical but it's something that will need sorting in the near future.

Regarding the right back issue you mentioned mate, I think once TFM comes back they need to pin him down to a position and then develop him, he was sensational at right back a year or two back when he first broke through but I do like the look of him in the Matic role as well so he could potentially be developed there.

I have a friend I do some work with who is a Palace season ticket holder and he raves about him, even though they are struggling he reckons he is virtually their best player on a weekly basis so he is obviously doing some good things down there and a full season in the Prem will do him the world of good.

Rose might be 27 but I would look at that and think we could be getting 4/5 good solid years out of him, we went for young and English in Shaw and have had our fingers burnt so I would not be to worried about Rose's age at the moment, more what he brings and that he is proven, just look at 29 year old Matic.

I think the reality is with the youngsters now is the bar has been raised so high now that it's almost impossible to break through unless you are a Rashford quality player who gets a break and takes it in the way he did. Take Mitchell for example played vs Palace last season in a dead rubber at the end of the season and got MOTM he hasn't made a single match day squad this season despite left back being a massive headache position. He's did have a few injuries but just doesn't look anywhere near a first team chance right now.

Fosu-Mensah & to an extent Tuenzebe are really going to struggle to break into this team unless one of them says I'm a right back and gets a chance but Mourinho being the way he is will play Valencia, Young & Darmian ahead of these kids are right backs the only way they'll get a shot is if there are injuries. Both of them have had great 1 off performances at Right Back over the last 2 seasons, both have looked comfortable playing at centre back or in centre mid but I just don't think the manager will ever trust them in those positions unless he has no choice.

Yeah 27 isn't a problem but it's more if the club could find an option who's 23 like City did with Mendy who's got 3 or 4 seasons under his belt at a good level it would be better but I don't really know who these alternatives are. Shaw in theory ticked every box for the next decade but it just hasn't worked and that's a risk with every transfer but if you sign a 27 year old who's got 5 or 6 years of PL experience you'd hope like Matic he'd slot straight in no problem.

The biggest issue in this deal will be Levy he's set the bar high for his full backs getting £50m for Walker who's a similar age and profile to Rose so it's going to be pretty hard to get him to budge on that price. We also assume that Spurs would want Shaw who on paper is an injury prone left back on £100k a week who's best run of form in 4 seasons has a 3 week window between the start of the season and him breaking his leg. Spurs might take him but they would value him at a lot less than the £30m we paid for him.

The easier answer to this problem might be to get Pochetinno in as manager because this Mourinho to PSG stuff is still lingering and a good win hasn't solved what I think are a few issues between him and the board.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems like a lot for a 27 year old who's coming off the back of a 10 month injury lay off and is cup tied for Europe. I know they've kind of set their benchmark in terms of price with Walker who's a similar age but the fact he's been out injured for so long has to be factored in as for £50m you want the Danny Rose pre injury not the guy who post injury might no longer be the same player. For £50m you want a guy who can play 2 games a week if he's still recovering I'm not sure that's guaranteed.

I can see this deal happening in the summer but it seems like a strange one to happen in January especially as it involves strengthening a potential top 4 rival half way through the season. Yes Spurs are quite a way back right now but things can change quickly in this league.

If it was up to me I'd try to hold out until the end of the season and make sure he's fully recovered by the time we commit to paying silly money for him, I'd use that time to properly scout some players in Europe as well as good as Rose was pre injury there are probably younger cheaper players who are just as talented he was hardly a world beater.

Agree with JSP that i would rather wait until the summer, see how he holds up for the last six months regarding his recovery, if this had been 6 weeks ago I would have snapped their hand off for 50m January deal but with Ashley Young being an absolute world beater of late (can't remember who said he was having a bang average season haha), then we can afford to wait until the summer to ensure he is fully recovered and giving us time to have a proper look at the market and see who is out there who may be a cheaper and younger option.

My one worry is that some lad playing for Serbia or Nigeria or the Czech's will have a blinding World Cup and as per usual we will buy them on the back of that and they will turn out to be shocking, can see it now haha hate world cup summers!

In the summer I'd say clear the decks in terms of full backs bring in first choice RB's & LB's keep Young & Valencia as cover but also experience for the squad. Shaw, Darmian and Blind probably all need to go to free up space in the squad as they're just not good enough.

I think Utd are getting a bit more savvy in the transfer market in terms of identifying players I'd be amazed if we go back to signing players off the back of a good world cup like we did with LVG as there was clearly no plan that summer. You'd hope the scouts are already identifying the targets for the positions we need to fill this summer and Woodward along with the agents he uses are starting to work on the deals.

I think Rose is on the list of players we'd like but the injury concerns me so I'd want to see him recover and look like the players he was 18 months ago before paying top money for him unless he was going cheap in January (highly unlikely) I don't see why Utd would bring him in now because we've already got enough left backs.

Rose can’t get back in to the Tottenham team on merit. He’s been back fit since the middle of October.

Rose can’t get back in to the Tottenham team on merit. He’s been back fit since the middle of October.

He rotates with Davies as he’s built his fitness back up but Davies has been excellent in his absence so it’s no surprise he’s struggling to get back in.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back