Daniel James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a very Fergie type signing.

Only seen him a few times but he has pace to burn and is a very accomplished young player. Wouldn’t have any objections to us bringing him in.

Think he really caught the eye in the FA cup this season because of his speed but he's still a rough diamond.

My concern is do Utd have the right structure currently to develop these sort of talents?

We have almost no senior players to guide them and a very inexperienced coaching team to go with them.

He is the sort of player Utd do need though someone with blistering speed who wants to run at people and it would seem Giggs has given him his seal of approval.

Apparently we are favourites to sign Daniel James from Swansea for around £15million - Thoughts ?

Looks a good tricky winger and more importantly runs his arse off every game, scored a brilliant solo goal in the FA cup running the length of the pitch for anyone who might not of seen it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sky Sources say we are close to agreeing a £15m deal but that source could easily be James’s cousins best friends dog sitter.

Looks promising though.

Martial has been going to Juventus for last 3 years.

I just don't see why they'd buy him unless we are selling him cheap think we've paid £50m for him so far so the club will want that back on him plus inflation so I don't see where Juventus are getting that money from.

As for James based on the 2 games I've seen from him very exciting player a genuine speedster who likes to run at people and would mean we have an actual winger on the books. Feels like a squad player signing rather than a first team signing hopefully he's not the first choice right winger coming in ideally it would be him and one other.

Can't say I know anything about him.... But I do like the idea of going for young players to develop.

Sign him and loan him? We actually need some young blood with out and out pace. Why?

Swansea winger Daniel James has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, Sky Sports News understands.

The two clubs are yet to agree a deal, contrary to reports, but talks are continuing and James is set to become United's first signing of the summer.

----------------------------

I don't know anything about him really

I don't know anything about him really

Incredibly quick direct winger loves to run at people but doesn't have a consistent end product normally plays from the right side and is more your traditional winger than an inside forward.

Has caught the eye in a pretty poor Swansea side mainly in their FA Cup run and was very close to joining Leeds in January but the deal collapsed at the last minute over a disagreement over the fee. Only made his first team debut this season but has since been called up by Giggs to the Welsh senior team.

I'd hope that if we are bringing him in then we are also bringing in another attacker because he'll need some time to adjust.

By direct winger you mean he’ll be looking to get in crosses?

I thought primarily he was a left sided winger that liked to cut in. But I’ve seen him play maybe twice in the FA Cup and that’s it.

By direct winger you mean he’ll be looking to get in crosses?

I thought primarily he was a left sided winger that liked to cut in. But I’ve seen him play maybe twice in the FA Cup and that’s it.

Once more than me mate the game I saw he was playing on the right and generally looked to go outside rather than inside as he's right footed but he's one of these modern attacking players who can play either side or in the middle.

The reports I've read suggest we've scouted him to be a right winger but I do think we need to add a left footed player to our attack as the only natural left footer we currently have is Lukaku.

This lad got 5 goals and 10 assists in the championship so it's not exactly breath taking stats but you'd hope they've done some homework.

the video above shows him using both feet, I think :-/

This lad got 5 goals and 10 assists in the championship so it's not exactly breath taking stats but you'd hope they've done some homework.
10 assists for a struggling Swansea side is pretty good though? Plus he's not playing in a side with lots of quality. Mind you he won't be at United either.

10 assists for a struggling Swansea side is pretty good though? Plus he's not playing in a side with lots of quality. Mind you he won't be at United either.

They finished 10th 25 points off relegation and 9 off the playoffs so hardly struggling. Ha ha

As I said they're ok stats for an attacking player personally I think assists stats are nonsense really you want to be looking at chances created because if you've got a donkey of a striker who misses loads of chances your assists will be low even if you are creating lots of chances.

We saw with Maddison players can easily make the step up now from Championship to Premiership if they've got the technical ability to do it the issue will be can he handle the mental challenge that is coming his way as Old Trafford is a very hard place to play now as the pressure is straight on from day 1.

The fans currently are not in a forgiving mood so you need to be able to handle that as a few dodgy games and they'll turn on you.

I think he is worth a punt, he looks an absolute pace dynamo but he needs to add finesse and finishing to his game. I remember when Sterling came around he was a whole lot of pace but he was very erratic with other things, however he is now one of the best players in the world. Then you look at a guy like Adama Traore who is all pace and power but has no composure whatsoever.

I think the player profile is good but obviously we won’t know how he steps up if and when he gets here.

Really excited about this lad, like everything I have seen of him, before we were linked with him I actually thought he was brilliant against City in the FA Cup.

Going to quote this now that he will turn out to be a brilliant signing considering he is only costing £15.5m, very good business.

Buzzing about this, hopefully means that we start getting to work after the nations league if this one is already in the bag.

Only negative is that Jadon Sancho is now pretty much out of the realms of possibility, thats if he was ever a possibility in the first place.

it's not really an exciting signing. Hopefully one for the future, we will see. I'd rather we got players to strengthen our starting 11

Buzzing about this, hopefully means that we start getting to work after the nations league if this one is already in the bag.

Only negative is that Jadon Sancho is now pretty much out of the realms of possibility, thats if he was ever a possibility in the first place.

I wouldn’t say that. If Sancho was on the radar he probably still will be. If we’re letting Sánchez Mata Lukaku go there is plenty of places for reinforcements required and James won’t need a starting berth and can play down both wings.

Not sure who you would prefer on our right hand side based on last season @Mr C ? but I would throw him in at RW based on the comparison of what he is up against from last seasons woeful showing.

Not sure how much activity we are going to get so we have to get excited about anything positive :D

I wouldn’t say that. If Sancho was on the radar he probably still will be. If we’re letting Sánchez Mata Lukaku go there is plenty of places for reinforcements required and James won’t need a starting berth and can play down both wings.
Hopefully we still have our eyes on plenty of options, and more importantly we try and get rid off the usual suspects to make some space.

Sancho is a massive risk for what he would cost, but I would love to see it happen !

I don’t know why it’s not considered an exciting signing by all fans? He’s a young player with bags of pace and is going to continue to grow and get better. He ran City ragged with his pace and direct running and that’s more than our players did against the big boys last year. Maybe if his name was Jamesinho from the Brazilian second division it would be more exciting for fans?

It's a big step up, I guess that's the problem with James, and he only has one season in the championship doesn't he?

I am looking forward to see what he can do, but I'm hoping he's not what our transfer team think is going to raise us to the levels of Liverpool and City.

It does solve a tricky position for us though. I want to see a CB come in, and a CM. And importantly RB. We could play Dalot at RW after all.

I have read again we are going to stick with our CB's and with Axel T. Maybe the thinking is with a keeper who is better on his feet, our CB's might not look so shaky?

I don’t know why it’s not considered an exciting signing by all fans? He’s a young player with bags of pace and is going to continue to grow and get better. He ran City ragged with his pace and direct running and that’s more than our players did against the big boys last year. Maybe if his name was Jamesinho from the Brazilian second division it would be more exciting for fans?
I agree @SuperRash, looking forward to seeing him in a red shirt, shows how pissed off I am at the players we currently have who just arent doing it.

Jamesinho Jr sounds even better ha !

It's a big step up, I guess that's the problem with James, and he only has one season in the championship doesn't he?

I am looking forward to see what he can do, but I'm hoping he's not what our transfer team think is going to raise us to the levels of Liverpool and City.

It does solve a tricky position for us though. I want to see a CB come in, and a CM. And importantly RB. We could play Dalot at RW after all.

I have read again we are going to stick with our CB's and with Axel T. Maybe the thinking is with a keeper who is better on his feet, our CB's might not look so shaky?
Chris Smalling is enough to make any defence look shaky, so he cant be involved in any way atall

I'd say we need to lose Rojo and Jones before Smalling, possibly even Bailly. Our CB options are proper pap

Good to see a proper winger coming in.

Don't really expect big things from him straight away will probably take time for him to settle in as he's making a big step up the defenders in the prem will be much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back