0​
Red Cards​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Pre-Season: Perth Glory 0-2 Manchester United - 13th July 2019

Looked lively today,Looks like he has the rite attitude.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah he was so so chuffed which was great to see.

He is going to be an absolute nightmare for defenders coming on as a sub, he is still raw but when you’ve got that kind of pace you’ll scare anyone.

When Pogba broke forward for the 4th, he was so rapid in the background

The goal would have meant a hell of a lot to him after the rollercoaster ride he's been on this year. He was nowhere a year ago really, nearly moved to Leeds in January but once that fell through, his performances for Swansea went up a level, scored in just his 2nd international game and got a move to us, that's one heck of a rise in 6-12 months. His father passed away in the summer too around the time he signed so he's not really had time to grieve.

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester United - 19th August 2019

I thought he struggled.

Like his work rate and speed but think the game, ironically, looks too quick for him. He's talented for sure but lots of growing to do.

The game was tough for him and disappointed to see him take a dive. However, with some polishing he could be very effective for us. I like his work rate but he needs to improve his overall play and probably shouldn’t be a starter right now. Did well to nullify some Wolves attacks with his pace tracking back though.

I couldn’t understand why he was left on so long. Once the Wolves equaliser came the Greenwood for James and Mata for Lingard subs were obvious.

Think he got himself involved in bother by diving early on got the crowd on his back and turned the ref against him.

Struggled to impact the game because he was starved of space to attack and also Wolves had a quick wing back against him not sure many people would beat Jonny in a race he's very quick.

It was a learning experience but I think Wolves have wing backs who like to spring counter attacks so partly I think he was in the team to make sure that didn't happen as he can quickly sprint back to stop their wing backs breaking forward if the ball turns over.

The step up he's being asked to make is huge so it's not going to be consistent from him this season and he should have been subbed earlier but I can see why they didn't change it as we'd got control back after that penalty so he probably didn't want to risk upsetting the momentum.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace - 24th August 2019

Top finish.

Top finish but he's definitely a work in progress at the top level. Exciting prospect though.

Heard he improved a lot when he went to the left which means yet another summer where Utd haven’t solved the problem on the right it’s been 6 years since Valencia stopped being an effective right winger.

Not convinced he should be starting every game but with the limited options we have he might have to.

Needs to stop exaggerating these fouls as it’s already getting him a reputation he doesn’t deserve as both times he’s been booked for diving he’s actually been fouled but he’s made it look like a dive with the old shoulders back routine.

Premier League: Southampton 1-1 Manchester United - 31st August 2019

James is proving to be a pleasant surprise.

Brilliant today looks better on the left than the right.

That right foot is a rocket and he doesn’t need much space to get the shot away either.

Agree he looks better on the left. Which means they need to decide who plays centre forward and stop trying to fit rashford and martial in the team. Unfortunately we still don't have a natural right flank player

Yep the right side has been neglected for years I wrongly thought James was a right winger when he came but been told he played mostly from the left last season. Who was the last right winger we signed? Valencia in 09 everyone since then has been a left sided player I think Young, Di Maria, Depay, Martial, Sanchez, James stupid really when Valencia converted to a right back 5 years ago.

It's the modern way to play a left footer on the right flank. Happy enough with that as long as he has the quality.

Di Maria was a right winger when signed. Ronaldo played down the left at Madrid with Benzema upfront.

Isn't Martial left footed? Which in this day could mean hed be a good RW? Able to cut inside.

No he is right footed. Either way though I am not really on board with playing strikers as wingers.

This is the whole point. I have said it before and there is no way of getting these answers unless somebody breaks rank. We clearly need a striker, a right winger, and 2 midfield players. We also no that would be difficult in one transfer window but not bringing in one midfield player for me is unforgivable. So the unanswerable question, well 3 questions really, is are the glazers unprepared to release the money? Will they release the money but Woodward doesn't know how to spend it. Does ole think that midfield is good enough?

Di Maria was a right winger when signed. Ronaldo played down the left at Madrid with Benzema upfront.

When he signed he’d been playing left mid as Ronaldo had moved more central and that’s here he played at the World Cup.

Another top goal.

Another top goal.

I'm chuffed to have been pleasantly surprised by his current form and start to his United career.

Feel for him a little bit, he’s clearly not ready to be our out and out attacking outlet however the lack of business in the transfer market and the sheer awfulness of Lingard and Mata he has been thrust into that role. His place this season should have been an impact sub like he was against Chelsea. He tries his best and at least tries to create something but we really need a striker like Lukaku on the end of his crosses. He’s clearly got something but it’s still so raw.

What's really encouraging is his character, he never lets his head drop and keeps gong amid all the dross around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back