1-1 after 10 minutes Kane penalty cancelled out by a set piece from the hosts

Line up

Pickford

Trippier Keane Maguire Rose

Rice Henderson

Sancho Mount Sterling

Kane

Change in system from 4-3–3 to 4-2-3-1

Stones has been injured since nations league, Gomez can’t get in Liverpool team and Tamori/Mings have no experience. Think Keane is in for now because he’ll be in the squad unless form goes off a click but I doubt Southgate plans on him being a starter in the summer.

More surprised at Rose over Chilwell to be honest.

England struggling to get any control in midfield defenders struggling to get the ball into the midfielders when we build from the back and winning very few second balls.

Looks like we’ve switched back to 4-3-3 at half time team looks like it has more control in the middle with just the 1 player holding. Did feel first half that both Rice and Henderson were kind of doing the same job.

2-1 Czech going into injury time.

Been a close game can’t really argue against the score England created very little going forward looked like a bunch of strangers for most of the game.

First qualification loss in over 10 years for England.

Tried something different it didn’t work the gap between the 2 midfielders and Mount was to big and we didn’t get our full backs forward at all.

We looked better when we went to 4-3-3 and I do think it suits Rice and Henderson more the 3rd slot on the left of the 3 that’s up for grabs. Barkley, Mount, Maddison are the 3 playing for the slot plus Alli if he can get back to form/fitness so we’ve got some good options for that role. I don’t think England have the right balance for a 2 man midfield it doesn’t suit Henderson who has always struggled in a 2.

Think Chilwell needs to be the first choice left back ahead of Rose who I think is starting to decline as a player. Not sure our CBs are strong enough to play Alexander-Arnold as a right back as he’s so attacking and Trippier seems to be back towards his best. Centre back is a problem Keane is ok but he’s not good enough

Some signs of promise in that front 3 but still some learning time to go

I don’t think we need Rice and Henderson in the midfield, we need someone in there with a bit more creativity and guile like Winks alongside one of them. I don’t rate Rice at all and well Henderson is also pretty average. The midfield is where we are still lacking at International level, Maddison and Mount have talent but in central midfield I think we are quite poor.

Our front three whoever it maybe will always score goals but it’s behind them you do worry in big games at tournament level.

I quite like Henderson when he’s used as an 8 his passing is pretty good and he presses very well which forces teams back and he’s happy to play 1 touch.

I agree control in midfield is a problem we don’t have a controlling player that dominates a midfield.

I think our problem at tournaments will be conceding to many goals generally the team that wins tournaments concedes the least goals whereas our team relies on scoring goals.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back