Crunch Time for United- Last Week of the Transfer Window

One thing that concerns me is assuming these 2 come in that’s 3 signings this summer that don’t improve our starting XI

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was half hoping that deal would fall through and we would almost be forced to bring him back in. I wish him all the best

Thank god it is all over. From here on in I hope nobody as much as farts...... because Sideshow will start a thread about it :rolleyes:

Thank god it is all over. From here on in I hope nobody as much as farts...... because Sideshow will start a thread about it :rolleyes:

Not over yet we can still sign Sarr ;)

I don't think they will it looks like they've gone long term thinking bringing in the 2 youngsters it's probably why they only wanted Dembele on loan gives them a year to settle in.

Think we might still see Rojo and Romero go if there's still windows open for players to move outside of Europe but can't see anyone coming in.

From the Championship I'm guessing you've got Sarr, Brookes or King as potential options

We should have done what Arsenal did, sack the mascot to pay for a new player :p

Not that is matters on current form, but what is the likelihood of Pogba signing a new deal when teh club clearly isn't commited to winning titles.

Carries on we'll be losing Rashford etc. We can't keep making these mistakes in the windows, backing the manager for 1 or 2 windows then shafting them. All those players know they are not winning anything at united for at least 2 years now.

We do have a bit of a problem. I do not feel the manager has been backed by the owners in this window. I know some will say that the money is not there but these owners have previous for only going half in when they need to be all in. Unfortunately there are only 2 answers to this. Ole either takes a principled stance on this and resigns or calls them out. Or he has to coach what we have got to be better. Unfortunately again, Ole is not the best coach in the world and there is no evidence that his team are either. He may have to look at his back up team, particularly a defensive coach. Or look at himself.

I keep hearing he is not the best coach in the world. But how many coaches do you think would have got that team to third last year?

He's improved a lot of players.

It's a bit like Jose saying his best managerial achievement was the 2nd with that united squad.

PS, I'd love him to call out the owners and walk, i'd get a tattoo :p

It is not just about improving players. He has done well with that but mainly, in my opinion, by using good man management skills and getting them a feel good factor. He has fallen down on tactics and balance of the team I think, partly due to the owners. We have a lot of players that would not be taken by the other top teams, that applies to our coaching team too. Dont get me wrong I want Ole to do well, I have constantly supported him, but I think he only works with the right investment.

I think thats true for all the managers, fundamentally, Van Gaal, and Jose failed because the club withdrew backing. They may hvae gone on the be a success, albeit with a brand of football I don't like. Niether of their dismissals was their fault in my opinion, especially Jose.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back