Cristiano Ronaldo 700 not out

you know, the best of time for me, who I enjoyed watching the most, was the other Ronaldo.

He's got a chance of breaking the international appearance and goal records.

I mean his place in history is already secured but the longevity he's had is incredible he's obviously changed his game from the explosive all action winger he was with us to a bit of a penalty box predator but that's a good thing not a bad thing.

It's been 10 years since he left and seeing him play in another shirt still hurts as we will probably never have another player as good as him and we only really got 3 years of him 13 years at the very top of the game.

Hey guys - was feeling nostalgic and so uploaded an old compilation I made when Ronaldo use to play for us. Ahh the memories! He defo was more of an entertainer and skillful with us than at Real and Juve, where he's obviously become more goal focused...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Funnily enough I preferred watching him when he was more tricks and flicks. But of course those goals are what now make him such a great.

Oh yeah the Ronaldo from the Utd era and early Madrid days was pure entertainment the last 5 years he's just turned into a scoring machine the days of dancing past people down the wing and firing in rockets are over.

Funnily enough I preferred watching him when he was more tricks and flicks. But of course those goals are what now make him such a great.

Yeah likewise. You never knew what skill he was going to do next, where as since the move to Madrid, it's all about productivity.

Everyone on Tuesday saying Ronaldo is passed it.

On Sunday Ronaldo scores a first half perfect hatrick. Takes him to 23 in 23 in Serie A for the season.

He's 5 off of 100 for Juventus. Wonder if there is anyone else that's managed a 100+ goals at 3 clubs.

Takes him to 770 overall so next season he'll be starting his own 800 club.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Up to 100 with Juventus.

Can't think of another player that got 100 goals with 3 different clubs and their country.

Think I saw he's the only player in history to score over 100 goals at 3 different clubs.

There's rumours of a return to Portugal with Sporting back where it all began they've just won the league and are back in the CL next season.

Apparently his mum wants him to go back and finish his career in Portugal.

With the World Cup in November/December 2022 it might not be the worst idea ease off a bit in terms of club football to be in top shape for that tournament as that one will surely be his last.

I had to look this up, but Iran's Ali Daei (109) is the only other player over 100 international goals. Nobody else has even broke 90. Well, unless you ask Romario's personal goal counter (aka Romario himself).

Strange one his record. He never scored more than 35 goals for any club and only 134 club career goals.

Won the Italian cup last night with Juve.

He has now won all domestic trophies in England, Spain and Italy.

That is some record and while it's hard to argue against Messi being the better player the fact he's gone around the leagues and done it at different teams I think gives him the more impressive record.

Looks like he'll be on the move again this summer

all his cars being transported added fuel to those rumours. PSG?

Yeah I saw that had them all collected in the dead of night and still someone spotted it.

Maybe he's actually broke and they all got re-possessed haha!

There's a lot of talk about the return to Sporting they are in the CL next season having won the title in Portugal maybe he feels an urge to go back and help them win another and build up their brand a bit as having him would suddenly get a lot more eyes on the portuguese league.

I think the move to Portugal makes sense if he plans to play in the world cup in 2022 that is 18 months away it'll be a less taxing on his body and less travel for international matches.

Would be a hell of a front 3 Neymar/Ronaldo/Messi but you need a few oil wells at your disposal to cover that wage bill every month and if he went to a club like them surely Juve demand a fee?

I thought his agent ruled out Sporting last week, although that probably means nothing.

Might have missed that think the story seemed to come from something his mum said about wanting to have him back home.

Hard to see where he really goes if Utd had lost Cavani maybe they could have thought about one last fling with Ronaldo but now he's staying on you can't see him coming back two old strikers seems a bit overkill especially as Ronaldo still expects to play every game.

I'd love to have him back on a decent fee, even if just for the rocket of professionalism he'd shove up our squad's nether regions.

I'd love to have him back on a decent fee, even if just for the rocket of professionalism he'd shove up our squad's nether regions.

How many players in that squad do you think lack professionalism?

How many of these influencer footballers do they need?

You sign Ronaldo in the hope that his 30 goals put you in a title race and make you competitive in Europe as all those other lads will be expected to do is his running.

I'd start that list with Martial and Pogba for sure. I think Rashford and Greenwood could learn a lot about Ronaldo's work ethic and what it takes to become truly world class. I also think that leadership factor has been missing since Moyes/LvG gutted the squad of all the championship pedigree. I would imagine that Ronaldo would restore some of the fear factor that players like Carrick and Rio talked about with Keane, which I think we could use.

The word from Juve fans down under is that he has already told the club he is leaving no matter what. He has also stated quite categorically that he will be wearing green and white hoops next season. I just wonder if Eddie Howe has been on the phone with him?

That is some record and while it's hard to argue against Messi being the better player the fact he's gone around the leagues and done it at different teams I think gives him the more impressive record.
I think it's quite easy to argue really... Ronaldo is the better player end of.

I think it's quite easy to argue really... Ronaldo is the better player end of.

I mean you’ve really backed up your argument there ha!

Ronaldo will always be my favourite as he was so good for us he is the best player ever to wear the Utd shirt but over time I’ve grown to accept Messi is the better player.

He is so much more than a relentless goal scorer which is what Ronaldo has become.

I mean you’ve really backed up your argument there ha!

Ronaldo will always be my favourite as he was so good for us he is the best player ever to wear the Utd shirt but over time I’ve grown to accept Messi is the better player.

He is so much more than a relentless goal scorer which is what Ronaldo has become.
I think ultimately it is each to their own. For me Ronaldo has done more with less across his career. Messi may be more talented but given the choice I'd rather Ronaldo in my team.

I think ultimately it is each to their own. For me Ronaldo has done more with less across his career. Messi may be more talented but given the choice I'd rather Ronaldo in my team.
Ronaldo has also proven himself in three countries. Messi has spent his career at (a usually dominant) barca

I absolutely hate agreeing with Piers Morgan but GOAT, no doubt in my mind
Yep 100%. There will always be the argument of Ronaldo or Messi but for me it’s Ronaldo all day long. He’s been to the three best leagues and continued to be a phenomenal influence on the teams he’s played for. Also his influence for Portugal has been terrific. Messi is a wonderful player but looking at all the variables, Ronaldo comes up trumps.

For me Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time.

Still don't want him at Old Trafford next season.

I don't want Ronaldo back, we need to build for the future, too much money, too much ego.

Best player I've seen, Gazza, without doubt. Shame he was such a loose canon

If Cavani hadn’t stayed you can make a case for it but doesn’t make sense to add another short term fix to our forward options even if he is still one of the best around.

That said if there’s no strikers of the quality we need on the market this summer and you can get him on a free is he worth the £30m you’d have to offer him in wages?

My view is don’t go back that ship has long since sailed

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back