Cricket 2021

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
England won the first test in Sri Lanka after a great double hundred from Joe Root.

Second test is coming to a close England need about 100 runs currently with 7 wickets remaining but Root is gone.

They're over the line Butler sorted us out after a little wobble got a partnership going with Sibley who stuck around.

England win the series 2-0 and now it's off to India.

Root was brilliant in both games.

Brilliant first day in the first test against India. Root with a brilliant century and Sibley unlucky to fall in the 80’s in the last over.

Still a great start, let’s hope we can push on tomorrow but the pitch does look as flat as a pancake!

Second test not going to well India it in the bag after 2 days the way the pitch is playing batting first they got the job done might not even make it to day 4 at this rate.

Second test not going to well India it in the bag after 2 days the way the pitch is playing batting first they got the job done might not even make it to day 4 at this rate.
Yeah India got pretty spooked in that first test so they’ve produced a surface that will rag from ball one - and they have better spinners than us so that’s their rationale and it’s working.

Managed to take it to a 4th day but we're 3 down chasing a crazy total so a few hours in the morning will do it and that will be series tied at 1-1.

Of the bits I've managed to watch it's been great entertainment.

Yeah it’s definitely been good entertainment.

This England team isn’t as fragile as it has been in previous years but on this minefield of a pitch I would still imagine we will crumble to 140-150 all out.

They can still be a very hot and cold side they react well to a defeat and bounce back but then react badly to a win like they get cocky, consistency has been a major problem for them for years now.

Just shows how vital Root's runs are to the team first team his 2 big innings set us up perfectly he'd not been able to do that this time and the others aren't producing big scores with any regularity to carry your innings.

I missed day 2 so didn't really see our first innings but when you're bowled out in 2 sessions you can sort of say that it hasn't been a good performance.

Joe Root just took 5 for 8.

England collapsed to 112 yesterday but both teams are all out for less than 150 after their first innings.

England’s batting has been nothing but entertaining in this series. Getting spanked again today and will probably lose by an innings. The Indian spinners have got these batsman on toast.

Anyone watch the Hundred last night?

The only thing I really noticed was the graphics they are using are shockingly bad but then I realised they are aimed at young non cricket fans to try and draw them into the game.

Good that it's on BBC that can only help the game grow.

Just feels like maybe they could have just put the T20 blast on BBC rather than create another new format.

Game was on in the background in the pub. Graphics were very annoying and took up too much of the screen.

This is the format with no over or anything? Bowlers can come in for 2 or 3 balls at a time?

Each over is 10 balls instead of 6 but you can switch the bowler after 5 balls so last night pretty much every bowler was bowling a 5 ball spell then changing. So you only have 10 changes of end in the game rather than 20 in T20 and obviously 20 less balls for each team to face.

Each bowler is capped at 20 balls.

Timeout of up to 2 minutes for each bowling side where the coach can enter the field.

The game is meant to last no more than 2.5 hours so guessing this helps terrestrial broadcasters who don't want to fill up their entire evening schedule with cricket.

It felt like watching T20 to be honest it's swing for the fences cricket hard to really say it was anymore exciting but it's new so I guess they can build new hype around it and hopefully sort out the graphics or like anything we'll just get used to them.

Yeah the graphics are absolutely awful.

Just can’t get on board with the whole concept to be honest, we already have three forms of cricket, why do we need another? I can see it has that the razzmatazz and is fresh and new but meh it’s just a little unnecessary. Don’t think I’ll be going out of my way to watch it.

They make a lot more sense in the second innings when they count down rather than up but still they look terrible.

I'll keep an eye on it when there's not much else on but can't see it getting me hooked.

If it gets kids more involved and engrossed by cricket then it’s doing it’s job well. However, I think for a lot of proper cricket fans I think it’s going to be underwhelming. Although back in 2003 I think it was, T20 cricket came on the scene and there were murmurs it wouldn’t last but look at it now.

Problem is if you can't sell T20 to kids as exciting then you probably won't ever be able to sell Cricket to them.

One of the biggest problems for cricket participation is access to the sport clubs and equipment is expensive and you can only really play for half the year at best so not a lot of kids will stick with it compared to say football.

They should have just tried to get T20 games shown on terrestrial TV but not sure how Sky would feel about that happening.

Ben Stokes has taken an indefinite leave from cricket.

Citing his mental health as the reason. Hopefully he'll be back. Still in his prime and a phenomenal player.

Fair play to him for giving the real reason.

Can’t be easy for these lads going into these bubbles and not seeing family or friends for weeks on end trying to make a living everyone has a breaking point.

Think Piers Morgan will jump on his back for walking out on his team?

Think Piers Morgan will jump on his back for walking out on his team?
Of course not, he’s a playground bully crossed with a keyboard warrior.

It can’t be easy being in these bubbles especially if it involves being away from your family. Fair play to him for standing up and admitting he needs some time away from the game. Hope he comes back refreshed for a big year for England.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

If he does I hope Stokes decides to confront him over it.

So Morgan said he won’t call out Stokes for quitting because he didn’t leave his team in the lurch mid-game/series. He’s just all about the attention.

Left his team during the hundred and just before the main summer series.

Morgan is a bully attacks people he knows will never be in a position to confront him I’m sure Stokes would have no problem clumping him next time he saw him at Lords if he dared have a go at Stokes.

Did Osaka let a team down? Did Biles withdrawal help her team collect a silver medal?

He can’t even stick to a consistent argument.

Pitches have been a little rubbish for The Hundred so far. Not sure if a lot of these games are really attracting fans to watch. Some good games so far but I don’t see the hype for this new format.

Me neither just feels like a T20 game when you watch it only bonus for the game is they’ve been able to get it on prime time terrestrial schedule.

England’s Test team is looking a little grim at the moment. The batting looks seriously flaky and only Root looks like he genuinely belongs there. The rest look decent county batters but not much more.

The bowling looks a little toothless and how can you keep picking a team without a spinner? Think we may see Anderson and maybe even Broad call it a day after the ashes is done.

Archer ruled out of the T20 WC and also the Ashes. Horrible injury woes for him.

Just turned on the 100

Straight off again, whatever graphic designer came up with those on screen graphics and colours needs to have a word with himself

So in 2021 Joe Root has scored more runs in 2 tests against India than everyone elses combined runs this year.

He might not be the greatest captain when it come to the tactics but my god he's carrying this absolute shower of a batting line up right now.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back