Cricket 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's thoughts on Stokes?
He is obviously a mega hot headed person. I don’t really know what to think, if he was beating someone down for being vile and homophobic then I think most would say the guy had it coming. If it was just a laddish fight then I think he’ll be sacked as vice captain. I can’t for the life of me see him there lining up in the first Ashes Test. My gut says he may well miss the series as these police investigations can drag on and on.

First and foremost we are supposed to be guilty until proven innocent in this country. Based on that i have doubts whether he should be dropped. In terms of tbe actual incident there is no doubt from what i have seen that one of the stokes party was threatened with what looked like a bottle. There then seemed to be a bit of a pushing match at which point the other guy didn't exactly run away. After that his head had gone and he completely dtopped the guy with a straight right followed by a left hook on his mate. What i couldn't see from the footage was what started it.

I don't think he should lose his job over a private matter though for me he's got questions to answer with the police and possibly in court but it shouldn't stop him being the England vice captain as it's nothing to do with Cricket. Obviously is the legal proceedings stop him travelling then that is a problem but to me the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Seems like he's got a target on his back now after that video of him mocking Katie Price's son emerged, he probably needs to grow up a bit but he has to be able to learn from his mistakes.

The only thing I'd say from the video is during the fight Stokes is the only one fighting he seemed determined to knock the guy out, the other guy didn't seem to be fighting back and his mates could've done him a favour by pulling him away.

Yeah he definitely needs to grow up, he’s a hot head but when you’re in the public eye and in a position where you need to be respected, then doing stupid things like the Katie Price thing is absolutely idiotic.

It’s a private matter yes but it’s no way to act when lots of young guys are looking up to him as a role model. I happen to think the whole case will probably fold and he won’t get prosecuted but his reputation will still be tinged with negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back