Crazy Sunday Transfer talk

Red Warrior

What a strange day yesterday was. I woke up to the news in the Mirror that Alderwireld would be signing within 48 hours, later in the day it said (can't remember source) we would be putting in a last minute bid for Maguire on Thursday, Mina has now been shelved and Martial has not travelled with the squad to Munich so it look's like he could be in talks with a club.

Could be a very interesting week..... or not!

Think there will be a lot of talk and rumours. May be a couple of players leave but I don't think any come in now. Its too late in the day to sign players from the EPL.

Spurs already have their replacement for Alderwierald in Davison Sanchez. We’ll end up signing him on deadline day. I’m fairly sure of that. I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else though. Leicester already have their replacement for Maguire in Jonny Evans so he is also a possibility right up until the deadline.

Now being reported that we're back in for Boeteng.

Now being reported that we're back in for Boeteng.
Honestly the media would think we are signing four defenders, we are apparently on the verge of signing four.

Out of the linked options Alderweireld is light years our best option. Also if we get fleeced for someone who is out of contract next year or if he does sign an extension then he is available for £25m then we have little sense. It should be a £30m take it or leave it, if not see you next year and we’ll have him for free.

No doubt we’ll sign one of Boateng, Alderweireld or Maguire but I have no clue who.

His current deal has 2 years to run but next summer he can leave from 25m the reports are Utd offered double than to take him this summer but so far Spurs haven’t agreed to that some reporting they’ll accept it others saying they’re happy to gamble on the player agreeing a new deal. Levy is known to be a tough negotiator and has no problem waiting until the very last minute to get his deal.

I think if we get none it would be a horrible summer for us but still think the priority should e been a left back.

His deal only has one year to run. They've got the option of extending it but if they extend it then his release clause comes in to play. He'd actially be available for £25m in January. If they don't extend it within 10 days of the season starting they lose the extension clause.

He's apparently only on 50k a week. I'm surprised he's not just handed in a transfer request and tripled his wages somewhere even if not with us. He'd have his pick of clubs.

That is a weirdly complicated contract haha.

I think he’s made it pretty clear he wants out hence why Spurs stopped picking him last season they offered him a decent pay rise reported to be £120k a week but Utd are prepared to pay much more than that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back