Craig Cathcart Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

http://bit.ly/cUPaem

Craig Cathcart's burgeoning career hit a set-back earlier this year with injury whilst on loan at Watford. But he's hoping to put injuries behind him and while everyone else was either at the World Cup or sunning themselves on a beach somewhere, the Belfast-born defender was putting in the hard yards at Carrington...

So, for fans that perhaps last saw you in regular action for the U18s and Reserves, what have you been up to since?
Since the U18s I’ve been on loan at Antwerp for six months, but I was a bit unlucky with injuries. The next season I was at Plymouth. I played a lot of games there and I thought I did quite well. I came back to United and had a few games in pre-season, then went out on loan again to Watford, then picked up an injury and I’ve been out since Christmas. So I’m just coming back to fitness now.

And you’ve been in at Carrington over the summer putting in the hard yards to get yourself fit for the new season…
Yeah, I’ve been in nearly all summer. I’ve had some time off, but otherwise I’ve been working hard. I’ve never been injured over the summer so I’m used to having six weeks off. It’s different! But I’ll be a lot better and a lot fitter for it. It won’t take me as long to get my fitness back, so I’ll have a head start on a few of our lads! But it’s been quiet here – there have only been a few lads in - so it’ll be good to catch up with everyone this week and get stuck into training.

I used a link shortener for the link which is why the link works from the official site, not sure why the normal links don't work.

Cathcart at one time looked certain to become as good as Evans if not better, he had a really good loan spell at Plymouth, but last season he was bad with Watford..getting caught out a lot, his lack of pace being exposed a lot..maybe all that work in the gym might end up being good for him.
He did always look a bit weak for a CB

He also got injured. And as I always say, it's better for youngsters to make mistakes as they know where they need to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back