Courtois to Real Madrid

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Marca reporting it's pretty much done deal at £30m.

He's only got 12 months left on his contract and talks stalled a long time ago on a new one so deal makes a lot of sense.

I'd say that's rather cheap. Sure, he's no De Gea or Neuer, but he's not far behind. So, given the current market for quality players, I thought Chelsea could easily ask for 70 mln sterling.

I don’t think anyone would pay £70m for a keeper who is 12 months away from being a free agent. He’s only just turned 26 so in keeper years he is young so if Chelsea asked for stupid money then no one would pay it and they would lose him for free next year.

£30m is actually pretty generous.

I'd say that's rather cheap. Sure, he's no De Gea or Neuer, but he's not far behind. So, given the current market for quality players, I thought Chelsea could easily ask for 70 mln sterling.

He was the best keeper at the WC for me

It's the contract situation we were reported to be getting £25m plus Navas for De Gea when he was Madrid bound with only 1 year left on his deal and back then £25m was probably 35m euro.

If it wasn't for the contract situation I reckon Chelsea could be asking for £60-70m which is what Liverpool are apparently going to have to pay for Allyson from Roma.

I agree with @Mr C though Courtios was deserving of the golden gloves he was excellant at the world cup

Talk that Chelsea want to bring back Cech to replace or will move for Schmeichel jnr.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back