Coronavirus

I would agree with that we have made so much progress rather have a bit more short term pain for long term gain

The current restrictions aren’t to bad for me but I imagine it’s going to be tough on young people another summer of restrictions after a tough year.

They always said they’d listen to the science so if the science says we can’t make that next step then so be it.

Yep looks like one last push to get as many people vaccinated as possible. So 19th July seems like the new date to look forward to.

I bet it was a close call in truth about whether to reopen everything - the cases are still relatively low but this new variant has just caused some doubt. They have probably made the right call.

To be fair they always said the road map was a best case and that should new variants emerge then dates will have to change which is essentially what happened here.

They're saying by end of September all adults will have been offered both doses hopefully we don't have to delay that long but it could well be that and you'd assume that pretty soon they'll have an idea of how long the vaccinations protect us for.

The positive news is the vaccine does seem to be working the people who end up in hospital are people who haven't had both doses yet and the hospitals aren't filling up at anything like the rates they were during previous waves.

Yep looks like one last push to get as many people vaccinated as possible. So 19th July seems like the new date to look forward to.

I bet it was a close call in truth about whether to reopen everything - the cases are still relatively low but this new variant has just caused some doubt. They have probably made the right call.
Agree mate I work in H&S and this new variant is pretty scary in terms of transmission the challenge is to get enough vaccinate for herd immunity my one real concern is the people refusing the vaccine if enough of them become seriously ill we will get the NHS overwhelmedf

I just booked my two daughters in for their first vaccine.

On the multiple choice, there was an option for a third vaccine :eek: didn't know anything about that, in fact still don't.

There is talk of giving people a third vaccine booster down the line.

They're also developing a third vaccine that they think will have higher efficacy against the newer varients.

There is talk of giving people a third vaccine booster down the line.

They're also developing a third vaccine that they think will have higher efficacy against the newer varients.
This is going to be an ongoing battle constant tweaking of the vaccine required to stay ahead of the varients. A bigger challenge is vaccination the developed world we needs to put aside its differences and get this vaccine out to the whole planet rapid

Anyone seen Cummings posts today.

Would appear Boris has lied in Parliament again, he was asked about this in PM questions. I'm sure it will just brush off him again though.

Anyone seen Cummings posts today.

Would appear Boris has lied in Parliament again, he was asked about this in PM questions. I'm sure it will just brush off him again though.
Whatever Boris Johnsons failing are Cummings is a very nasty piece of work

Cummings is just embarrassing them now. Released the txt messages where Boris calls Hancock hopeless.

Imagine how retarded you've got to be to throw someone under the bus that's got this much on you.

Cummings is just embarrassing them now. Released the txt messages where Boris calls Hancock hopeless.

Imagine how retarded you've got to be to throw someone under the bus that's got this much on you.
So you would agree that Cummings is a very nasty piece of work I am sure that would have been your view last summer. So Boris has realised this albeit too late and booted him pretty commendable in my view

Cummings is such a cock womble.

After a little bit of fame and publicity to make himself still feel relevant.

So you would agree that Cummings is a very nasty piece of work I am sure that would have been your view last summer. So Boris has realised this albeit too late and booted him pretty commendable in my view

Cummings is a dick. Been my view the entire time. I'm sure it wasn't yours though ;)

Cummings has got Boris in black and white criticising his own staff. He's got him hung out to dry for ignoring the scientist advice. Regardless of the fact you will ignore everything Boris has done wrong you surely can see he's done an awful job and it's hilarious he's been called out on it by the person whose put him in this position?

Would have loved to have seen the txt from Boris to Hancock when it all got released. They're all 'nasty pieces of work' Boris, Hancock, Cummings. Just unfortunately many choose to ignore his faults and love him for what I can only assume is his haircut, I mean he's got no other redeemable features he's failed at everything he tries and gets promoted for it.

Cummings is such a cock womble.

After a little bit of fame and publicity to make himself still feel relevant.

Out of interest do you not think the public had a right to know that Boris thinks his staff are inept in their performance but keeps them on anyway?

Boris lies more in parliament than he tells the truth. Blokes an embarrassment to the country.

Cummings is an arse and a dangerous guy for these sort of people to associate themselves with because he plays by his own rules so after they've chucked him under the bus and kicked him out of the inner circle he's got no problem airing the dirty laundry in public.

I don't like Cummings but I do think the people have the right to know what the hell has been going on as we're now getting lies and the re-writing of history by the government.

Hancock's claims we didn't have a PPE shortage at the start despite their being clear evidence that we did, the contracts that were handed out to companies with close ties to MP's with no history of providing PPE ahead of companies that already produced it and so on and so on.

If this lot get elected again next time around it'll be ridiculous but sad thing is you know they will.

I can't bear cummings, but he is proving yet again how much the PM lies like water off a ducks back.

Out of interest do you not think the public had a right to know that Boris thinks his staff are inept in their performance but keeps them on anyway?

Boris lies more in parliament than he tells the truth. Blokes an embarrassment to the country.
Of course the public has the right to know but it’s the way it has come about. Cummings has unveiled these texts like it’s some sort of reality tv show.

No doubt there has been failings and the fact Boris thinks Hancock is hopeless doesn’t bode well, however one caveat is that we do not know the context of the messages or what was happening at the time. Sure each one of us has sent some fiery texts about people we work with, are close with etc. I know it’s a unique situation and these are people running our country and leading us through a pandemic, but still Cummings is the aforementioned cock womble for the way he has done it.

Cummings is just making himself come across as a little snivelling weasel - not good if you are looking for another high profile position.

I have no problem with him saying it, what I have a problem with is him standing up in prime ministers questions denying he did.

He just can't help but lie all the time

Cummings is just making himself come across as a little snivelling weasel - not good if you are looking for another high profile position.

He isn't though. Which is what makes him so dangerous. He's washed his hands of politics and can expose them for what they are.

My main issue is Hancock's rewriting of history last week and not being called out on it by the panel. How could he stand Infront of the panel and say we had no PPE shortages.

The problem is how do you define shortage Hancock is very clever at dodging questions and giving the answer he wants to give not the one you asked. When asked about shortages he would say things like we never ran out. This is why I think they've kept him around because at no point in this whole thing has he ever looked under pressure given the job he's had for 16 months he should look like he's aged a decade through stress.

The talk today about allowing people who've had two jabs to holiday in amber list countries is a joke and another kick in the teeth to young people. I'm sure they'll eventually back track on this stuff as it's either safe to go to these places or it isn't and the rules need to apply to everyone.

I definite shortage as if doctors had to go in to ICU's wearing bin bags as their PPE then we had a shortage.

And to turn around and say we didn't and to try and rewrite that disgrace. He should have been asked for his resignation there and then.

Hancock is going to be the fall guy he's being kept around long enough to take all the heat for everything that goes wrong, then once it's over he'll be given the bullett and will be chucked on the fire. He probably knows that as well or he's so stupid he thinks he's going to walk away with some sort of knighthood or a run at being the PM when Boris is done. I think he knows if he takes the heat here for the party down the line something good will come his way.

I mean hospitals at the start were improvising to make PPE while they waited for stock they took donations from local businesses that were closed down due to the pandemic. Why can't they just admit they were caught short and had to play catch up from the start people could at least respect the honesty no one in life is 100% prepared all the time for every eventuality.

Cummings is a dick. Been my view the entire time. I'm sure it wasn't yours though ;)

Cummings has got Boris in black and white criticising his own staff. He's got him hung out to dry for ignoring the scientist advice. Regardless of the fact you will ignore everything Boris has done wrong you surely can see he's done an awful job and it's hilarious he's been called out on it by the person whose put him in this position?

Would have loved to have seen the txt from Boris to Hancock when it all got released. They're all 'nasty pieces of work' Boris, Hancock, Cummings. Just unfortunately many choose to ignore his faults and love him for what I can only assume is his haircut, I mean he's got no other redeemable features he's failed at everything he tries and gets promoted for it.
I actually thought Cummings was ok until he broke Covid rules the man has proved despicable whistleblowing on his ex boss in a vicious and undignified manner . Boris has definitely made mistakes I accept that but do you really think Captain Hindsight would have done any better ?. Starmer certainly did a good job trying to make political gain from a crisis and god forbid where we would be if Herr Corbyn had still been in post. You continually launch in to all things Tory with fanatical hatred totally blinkered. Well you have got Boris Johnson as PM and whys that then ? Its because the Labour Party are not fit for purpose hijacked by Momentum and the far left who have alienated the working classes. First they put in place an IRA supporting Terrorist sympathiser then replaced him with Captain hindsight the very man who wanted to overturn Brexit what a great move that was seeing as millions of working class Labour voters voted for Brexit. I say this as an ex Labour Voter

but do you really think Captain Hindsight would have done any better ?

This is what really irritates me. The whole idea we needed hindsight. Open your eyes FFS. Everyone was sent home before they told us to lockdown. Every other country in the world done better than us. We didn't and still haven't closed the boarders. We are an island and should never have been this troubled. The whole idea it's hindsight talking is a joke.

My dog would have done a better job than Boris has managed but you're too blinkered to see it. You keep criticising Starmer. Conservatives have had 11 years of shite and you keep backing them like a delusional Labrador.

What isn't fit for purpose is Boris. Also the only reason you voted Brexit is Cummings. He is your hero.

It's a pointless conversation. You'll blindly criticise labour forgetting they haven't been in control for 13 years. Will jump on Boris and nut all over him. And never accept they've done any wrong. My response to that is simply what improvement have you see in that time? And you can't answer that question because you've seen none.

The conservatives managed to bring us the worse death toll of any island nation and the worse financial position of any European nations...great job.

This is what really irritates me. The whole idea we needed hindsight. Open your eyes FFS. Everyone was sent home before they told us to lockdown. Every other country in the world done better than us. We didn't and still haven't closed the boarders. We are an island and should never have been this troubled. The whole idea it's hindsight talking is a joke.

My dog would have done a better job than Boris has managed but you're too blinkered to see it. You keep criticising Starmer. Conservatives have had 11 years of shite and you keep backing them like a delusional Labrador.

What isn't fit for purpose is Boris. Also the only reason you voted Brexit is Cummings. He is your hero.
So no real cohesive answer to my reply re state of the Labour party momentum etc just a rant why are the far left so aggressive ?

1. You mention Hindsight I am referring to Captain Hindsight = Starmer
2. Every other Country in the world done better than us really how do you work that out ?
3. So I voted Brexit because of Cummings I had never even heard of the bloke when I cast my vote :D
4. You refer to me voting Conservative but don't understand the reasons why although I explained them you just throw a cheap insult

Are you a member of momentum ?

Love and peace

1. You mentioned hindsight. I proved to you that it was nothing to do with hindsight. The idea it is is laughable. Everyone knew come April 1st we got it majorly wrong. There was no hindsight needed. Come on FFS.

2. I said island country in the world. Show me one that's done worse. And I'll hold my hands up and say I'm wrong. However worldwide we are in the top 5 for deaths per 1000 people and have out of the top 30 financial countries we've been hit the worse. Again if I'm wrong and you can prove it I'll apologise. But I'm not.

3. You voted Brexit because of Cummings and his bus it's literally what made him famous and Boris main man. And the main you trusted so much last summer but changed your mind on. You just can't grasp how manipulated you were.

4. I don't understand why anyone would vote for this conservative government other than they're selfish and don't care about the homeless, poor and those less well off than themselves or they're stupid. I wouldn't like to class you as stupid so I go with you don't care....or that you may like his haircut and use that as a basis to vote. This has been the most embarrassing government we've seen in a life time and there is no defending them. My best friend is a conversative councillor and he's given up defending their shit behaviour. But you just continue claiming everyone else is wrong. I don't believe your nonsense about being a former labour voter because I just don't respect your nonsense when you're voting for the clown that is Boris after watching the last 14 months and the way they've put political career before lives. It's embarrassing. Look at the death toll per thousand. Tell me another island country anywhere near. And then realise how much you're blindly following people that fecked us over.

Though I ask you one question again. I've asked it once before. They've been in power 13 years. What measurable improvements have you seen?

And let's not talk about the IRA when you vote a party that decided death of the poor in this country is irrelevant. The conservatives have caused more deaths in this country than any terrorist organisations ever has. But you agree with those deaths because it's deaths of the poor. Thatcher literally chose to destroy the North. Your ancestors would turn in their grave.

Boris has been terrible, we locked down a good 3 weeks before the UK. Italy was literally in turmoil and the UK let supporters in for a football match match.

Captain hindsight is straight out of Boris's mouth at PM questions when he has no answer to the questions.

The facts are, he and Hancock lied in parliament. Boris lies all the time, and is a racist. We have cricketers being banned for less than what he has said.

Someone in the government said yesterday the UK might open up the boarders to France. Laughable. France won't let the English in while the Delta is knocking about.

They just spout whatever they want. Boris said it would all be over Chistmas 2020 haha, bloke is a clown. He speaks, people listen and like it. Then forget to go back and fact check it.

It now appears from cummings he doesn't even want to be PM, just using it as a vehicle to make money in the future.

It's got nothing to do with Starmer, if they were in power then they would get the same anount of analysis.

As for captain hindsight, that's just a Boris thing to deflect from all his mistakes and make all the tory back benchers roar. If you listen to PM questions you would know that.

This goverment lies, and doesn't even care that it's obvious or when it's proven.

Boris started calling him Captain Hindsight but on a lot of the Covid issues he called for the changes before they happened so it's not hindsight it's foresight he like all of us could see what was coming on a number of these topics.

We've all been in an argument you only resort to name calling when you know you're losing and if you can nail your response you can absolutely destroy your opponent but normally it's kids that resort to these tactics, Captain Highsight, Crooked Hilary, Sleepy Joe there's a pattern here.

An opposition governement is always going to have an element of hindsight to them because they are there to challenge your decisions which on Covid are often being made without being discussed in parliament. They have a job to challenge what you're doing and interrogate it that's how democracy works and most of the time this government hasn't been able to back up it's decisions when challenged.

Every step of the way on this Boris has clung on until the very last moment of total disaster before taking action right from the start he missed key meetings on Covid response because he was off writing his book. If Covid was an exam we are the kid in the exam who did no revision and just hoped to wing it and our results reflect that we had absolutely no plan in place and when we were basically given a month to start getting our act together we did nothing. To busy worrying about if Big Ben will Bong for Brexit!

They can keep smeering their opponents all they want the reality is they've been in power for over a decade and you have to seriously wonder if they've made it better.

The Government is said to be discussing a proposal to exempt 2,500 designated VIPs including Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival into England

Jeez, this can't be true, surely! but with this gov, who knows.

Pretty sure with the way Euro 2021 is working if you have official accredidation you are on special visa's that get you out of quarantines it was part of the deal when the hosts confirmed they were still able to host games a few months back. It was one of the reasons Ireland and a few others dropped out.

This was the reason UEFA wouldn't move the CL final to Wembley because the government at the time wouldn't allow their guests to get around quarantine rules so instead they moved it to Portugal who were happy to accept those terms.

Pretty sure I read Wimbledon is going ahead as normal with no restrictions in place despite it starting before the restrictions are lifted.

Wimbledon is at 50% capacity for the duration of the tournament except for the two finals which will be allowed 100% capacity.

Pretty sure with the way Euro 2021 is working if you have official accredidation you are on special visa's that get you out of quarantines it was part of the deal when the hosts confirmed they were still able to host games a few months back. It was one of the reasons Ireland and a few others dropped out.

This was the reason UEFA wouldn't move the CL final to Wembley because the government at the time wouldn't allow their guests to get around quarantine rules so instead they moved it to Portugal who were happy to accept those terms.

Pretty sure I read Wimbledon is going ahead as normal with no restrictions in place despite it starting before the restrictions are lifted.
Thats not what they are saying on the radio, they are saying if the Gov don't change their rules they will move it to Denmark.

Sorry, but you can't have one rule for people coming to a football match and one for the people who live here/there

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back