Coronavirus

It’s my birthday. So I’ve just been shopping to get beers and BBQ food. And got to say it’s actually ridiculous how packed the high street is. Cars and people wise. You’d have no idea that we’re in lockdown.
Happy birthday fella! :cool:

Got to be honest I haven’t really been out and about for a little while. The wife is on furlough so is doing all the shopping while I work from home so not seen how busy it is myself but I must say the roads seem a little busier where we are than they have been in the last few weeks.

I think the majority of the country are sticking to the rules but you would hasten a guess a little percentage are the ah whatever we’ll be fine brigade.

It’s my birthday. So I’ve just been shopping to get beers and BBQ food. And got to say it’s actually ridiculous how packed the high street is. Cars and people wise. You’d have no idea that we’re in lockdown.
Yep, you can see it. Everybody getting too relaxed about it. Enjoy your birthday

Crazy really considering the UK numbers will be the largest in Europe because they left it so late to start, now they are going back early.

Happy birthday

Happy Birthday @IDFD sunny day so everyone is out having their exercise today I guess.

I walk the dog every day around 6pm and while it does vary you do see quite a few people knocking about but pretty much everyone following rules and sticking to families get the odd questionable group knocking about.

People in the UK probably don't appreciate how hands off our lockdown has been in other European countries you need to fill out a form every time you go out and checks are routine I imagine the checks might be a bit more hands on in London but outside of the cities they seem pretty relaxed.
That's normal for IDFD

They’ve started allowing people out to exercise in Spain.

Still don’t see much changing here next week as we’ve remained much more open that France/Italy/Spain did in their lockdowns.

Some of our work spaces are already starting to adapt to the new ways of working with social distancing.

They’ve started allowing people out to exercise in Spain.

Still don’t see much changing here next week as we’ve remained much more open that France/Italy/Spain did in their lockdowns.

Some of our work spaces are already starting to adapt to the new ways of working with social distancing.
Agreed, I don't expect much if anything to change next week but I suspect they will say that they will be changing their reviews to weekly as well as give us the road plan to coming out of lock down.

Agreed, I don't expect much if anything to change next week but I suspect they will say that they will be changing their reviews to weekly as well as give us the road plan to coming out of lock down.

Think by law they have to have reviews every 3 weeks but yeah I’d say it’s fair to assume it’s weekly or fortnightly going forward.

A doctor in France has claimed that he believes he treated a patient in December 2019 who was showing the signs of the virus suggesting the virus may be already been spreading late last year.

Over 250,000 have now died across the world due to the virus based on official numbers you can guarantee the true number is a lot higher.

The UK is now the 3rd worst effected country in terms of deaths it will likely pass Italy in the next few days.

We’ve passed Italy already. 2nd most deaths in the world.

I think the true toll won't be known for a while the true impact of covid will be the total number of deaths this year against the previous average over a 5 year period as the number of people not getting treatment, surgeries being cancelled etc will not show it's toll straight away. Think we've already seen a 50% spike in the number of deaths per week on what we'd normally expect to see at this time of year.

As it stands today we've lost roughly the number of people who go and watch Brighton or Southampton play every week due to this virus and the number will continue to grow hopefully at a much slower rate but it will continue for weeks and weeks.

People will say even 50,000 represents a small part of the overall population and we should never have done the lockdown these people are clearly idiots who don't appreciate that if we'd just carried on as normal that number would be much higher. A number we will probably never know.

Last week America's death toll due to covid went higher than the total number of lives lost in Vietnam and still the message doesn't hit home with a lot of them won't be long before it's past the total number of lives lost by America in wars since world was 2.

Doctors still don't really know if we get any immunity from having the virus they assume we do based on how other viruses behave but nothing is proven yet and in terms of vaccine it sounds like there's good progress in fast tracking then through testing stages but still a long way away from getting something that is proven to work and can be produced on a mass scale.

So rumours are on Sunday Boris will allow us to go out for exercise more than once a day and garden centres will be allowed to open as long as they follow the sort of rules supermarkets/DIY stores have put in place.

The rumours about outdoor restaurants and beer gardens appear to be fake news.

Mixing with other households still off the table as they don’t know how they’d be able to enforce any limitations that would go with the new rules.

Rail services are to gradually increase by May 18th in preparation for coming out of lock down by end of month

Sturgeon has confirmed lockdown in Scotland will be extended until May 28th with easment on exercise allownces.
I guess we can expect the same message from Boris.

Sturgeon has confirmed lockdown in Scotland will be extended until May 28th with easment on exercise allownces.
I guess we can expect the same message from Boris.
Yeah I'd imagine so. Death rates aren't falling away that quickly so it's too early to relax things too much. I think easing how long we can go out for is a logical move.

Yeah I'd imagine so. Death rates aren't falling away that quickly so it's too early to relax things too much. I think easing how long we can go out for is a logical move.
After yesterday I changed my mind on that. Too many idiots taking the piss. We should wait another couple of weeks to see these numbers really fall

After yesterday I changed my mind on that. Too many idiots taking the piss. We should wait another couple of weeks to see these numbers really fall
Yep total idiots. Street parties with absolutely no social distancing. Saw some people on Facebook all hugging celebrating VE Day, then when they were challenged they were saying we were just having fun. People have no sense and this new stay alert is just going to make people flock out even more in their hoards. Losing the stay at home slogan is ludicrous - even though one of the conditions is still stay at home as much as possible.

This is the thing all the countries in Europe coming out of lockdown are basically now having the same freedoms we’ve had for 6 weeks because their measures were extreme. We were asked to stay home other countries were forced to no exercise no nothing you only went out for food.

If we stay the same for 3 more weeks people will feel like why are they past it but we aren’t reality is we are still a long way from the end of this just because you want it to be over doesn’t mean it is.

Our death toll might suggest otherwise when sensible comparisons can be made in a few months time.

I do think much tighter stay at home restrictions should have been put in place in London for example where the number of cases was a lot higher but we went for a one size fits all rather than a region by region plan limiting movement between regions.

Why are all the Gov updates such as Boris speech this evening on BBC. What about the poor folk who don't or cannot watch BBC because they cannot afford a TV Licence?
Surely these broadcasts should be on a free service.

Our death toll might suggest otherwise when sensible comparisons can be made in a few months time.

I do think much tighter stay at home restrictions should have been put in place in London for example where the number of cases was a lot higher but we went for a one size fits all rather than a region by region plan limiting movement between regions.
I don't think our death toll would suggest otherwise, the only time I have felt at potential risk is when shopping. At no other time have I felt exposed or believed i may be exposing others.
You would probably take a different view if you lived in a London flat in a highly populated area. It was vital they could get out to exercise and the same social distancing as the rest of the country should work just as well.

It was actually a strengthening of the lockdown really. Increased fines for seeing others but go out alone as much as you want. Should hopefully put an end to the parties we sure this weekend.

As for get back to work some of us haven’t stopped and if you can work from home then you continue to.

It was actually a strengthening of the lockdown really. Increased fines for seeing others but go out alone as much as you want.

As for get back to work some of us haven’t stopped and if you can work from home then you continue to.
That's the lucky ones mister

I don’t believe there will be a mass back to work wave. Businesses are going to continue to take advantage of the furlough system until they can put measures in place to protect their workers in offices. For some sectors yes but others no. My wife works in a law firm and they aren’t really getting in the business right now so they won’t suddenly order everyone back into work. This will be a gradual thing.

I just pray removing the stay at home slogan doesn’t give the impression all is good in the world and next weekend we see mass hordes flocking to the beach. The second wave could be every bit as deadly as the first.

Be interesting to see what the fines are tomorrow. They were never enough at £30 to be a deterrent.

I believe you’ll see little to no difference tomorrow. He urged the construction and manufacturing industries back to work but they were never actually banned from working.

It was a real shit show that speech, about as clear as mud! and telling people to go to work from tomorrow, what a fecking joke that is. He had a whole week to prepare for that and all it tells me is what I forecast only it has come so sudden. The economy is now king and they want people back to work without any clear guidance on how folk can return to work safely.
Like you say, business itself will have to take the lead and dictate to Government how it happens.

Must have missed the bit 7 weeks ago where they told construction and manufacturing to stop you didn’t it was companies themselves that stopped because it was dangerous and most have had to put new measures in place with almost no guidance from government and get back to work ASAP. Most firms that closed in the first week of lockdown have started up again.

So go back to work but what if you rely on public transport? What if you have kids and no one in the household to look after them? If you’re called back and can’t do it can your employer sack you?
should we be encouraging people to take trips to beaches? Will the residents of these places want everyone rocking up.

Clearly had to pre record to make sure he didn’t go off track and say something he shouldn’t can’t even trust our leader to speak live to the public.

So we are currently 4 out of 5 on the covid scale and we are already relaxing some restrictions.

I’m missing the bit where there were any changeS. There was absolutely no real change.

Cant all rush back to work.‬ Only Businesses where they can keep a strict 2 meter distance can open. ‬

‪Only significant change is. You now have unlimited outdoor time as long as with those in your house hold and keep to social distance rules. ‬

Majority still in lockdown.‬‬

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back