Coronavirus

The dates for the roadmap appear to have changed. From the 22nd to week commencing the 22nd.

See they've identified some new symptoms with the new variants, muscle pains, fatigue, headache, oh dear. Stay safe everyone, no way we can live our lives under these circumstances. Shocking.

Yeah get the vaccines sorted and sort out the border quarantines and hopefully we can start getting back to normal things through the summer months.

I do think we need to look as full border quarantines everyone coming in should be forced to hotels for 10 day isolations.

Hopefully the vaccines will slow the spread as well.

The mental toll it’s taking on people as well can’t be ignored so many have lost jobs and just struggled with isolation they really need to make sure we are better protected and prepared should something like this ever happen again.

Yeah get the vaccines sorted and sort out the border quarantines and hopefully we can start getting back to normal things through the summer months.

I do think we need to look as full border quarantines everyone coming in should be forced to hotels for 10 day isolations.

Hopefully the vaccines will slow the spread as well.

The mental toll it’s taking on people as well can’t be ignored so many have lost jobs and just struggled with isolation they really need to make sure we are better protected and prepared should something like this ever happen again.
Oh you can bet there'll be more pandemics, have read a few leaks saying that there could be several between now and 2030, now how they can say that is beyond me unless its planned maybe.

Oh you can bet there'll be more pandemics, have read a few leaks saying that there could be several between now and 2030, now how they can say that is beyond me unless its planned maybe.

We’ve never been so vulnerable to global pandemic as people move around the world more for business or leisure than they ever did before last year so these things can spread very quickly.

Just takes something jumping from animal population to humans to create this problem and you then have the threat of these things being cultivated in labs and escaping into the general population.

If we don’t learn from this serious questions should be asked for the next 80-90 years people who lived through this will be alive not being ready and not reacting quickly if it happens again would be unforgivable.

Never again should our stockpiles of PPE and testing equipment be allowed to go below recommended levels to save a few quid.

We’ve never been so vulnerable to global pandemic as people move around the world more for business or leisure than they ever did before last year so these things can spread very quickly.

Just takes something jumping from animal population to humans to create this problem and you then have the threat of these things being cultivated in labs and escaping into the general population.

If we don’t learn from this serious questions should be asked for the next 80-90 years people who lived through this will be alive not being ready and not reacting quickly if it happens again would be unforgivable.

Never again should our stockpiles of PPE and testing equipment be allowed to go below recommended levels to save a few quid.
People have been travelling the globe for several generations how that has anything to do with it is beyond me. Chinese wet markets were blamed but that's being dispelled also, those markets have been around since the 80's so why now, did it wait 30+ years to jump to humans? The whole thing is iffy to me, still seems like a lab experiment gone very wrong.

People have been travelling the globe for several generations how that has anything to do with it is beyond me. Chinese wet markets were blamed but that's being dispelled also, those markets have been around since the 80's so why now, did it wait 30+ years to jump to humans? The whole thing is iffy to me, still seems like a lab experiment gone very wrong.

It’s nowhere near as intense in terms of travel now as it was even 20 years ago as easy travel spread across the globe might be a luxury we’ve had for a while in the UK but people in other parts of the world didn’t. China’s economic boom has created a very mobile middle class that travel for both leisure and business.

This isn’t the first time a virus has transferred but it’s got to be the most transmissible so far the reason we have vaccines so fast is due to research already done fighting other similar viruses.

Pretty sure the lab theory as pretty much been ruled out by WHO but they will never know for sure.

It’s nowhere near as intense in terms of travel now as it was even 20 years ago as easy travel spread across the globe might be a luxury we’ve had for a while in the UK but people in other parts of the world didn’t. China’s economic boom has created a very mobile middle class that travel for both leisure and business.

This isn’t the first time a virus has transferred but it’s got to be the most transmissible so far the reason we have vaccines so fast is due to research already done fighting other similar viruses.

Pretty sure the lab theory as pretty much been ruled out by WHO but they will never know for sure.
Yea WHO (China's sweethearts) ruled out it being lab created by China (who have been trying to get their population under control for years) hmmm

No evidence but always nice to speculate isn’t it.
Not so nice when lives and livelihoods are going to waste, I'd like to hear statistics on suicide since last March, anecdotally I'm hearing of lots but they aren't making the news, where I live the local media used to always report on suicides and highlight the lack of mental health support, since the pandemic they've been eerily quiet on the subject.

The stats are released up until September for suicides. There is a lot of fact checking to be done. But I'm glad a lot of people suddenly care. Men's Mental health is something I've long been for more people to care about so it's good they're showing a sudden interest I just hope these people don't go back to ignoring it when things are back to normal. As seems very convenient so many suddenly care.

Myself mentally I'm lucky that my mental health is at the best place it's been in years. The lack of everyday stress has resulted in me suffering a lot less with my anxiety and depression. Probably does help that have drunk a lot less to be honest but it's often abused as a coping mechanism.

Not so nice when lives and livelihoods are going to waste, I'd like to hear statistics on suicide since last March, anecdotally I'm hearing of lots but they aren't making the news, where I live the local media used to always report on suicides and highlight the lack of mental health support, since the pandemic they've been eerily quiet on the subject.

Been all over the news throughout the pandemic they’ve never pretended that this isn’t hard and that many are suffering because of lockdowns.

Sadly access to mental health support on the NHS is very limited and under funded.

Men are getting better at dealing with it but we need to make sure when men do ask for help that it is there for them

The stats are released up until September for suicides. There is a lot of fact checking to be done. But I'm glad a lot of people suddenly care. Men's Mental health is something I've long been for more people to care about so it's good they're showing a sudden interest I just hope these people don't go back to ignoring it when things are back to normal. As seems very convenient so many suddenly care.

Myself mentally I'm lucky that my mental health is at the best place it's been in years. The lack of everyday stress has resulted in me suffering a lot less with my anxiety and depression. Probably does help that have drunk a lot less to be honest but it's often abused as a coping mechanism.
Yeah its a matter close to my heart and a big reason why I am anti lockdown, lockdown is building up a mental health epidemic imo.

Been all over the news throughout the pandemic they’ve never pretended that this isn’t hard and that many are suffering because of lockdowns.

Sadly access to mental health support on the NHS is very limited and under funded.

Men are getting better at dealing with it but we need to make sure when men do ask for help that it is there for them
After a decade of Tory austerity NHS mental health support was virtually non existent, people waiting months on counselling services when they didn't have months left in them, it'll be worse post Covid.

After a decade of Tory austerity NHS mental health support was virtually non existent, people waiting months on counselling services when they didn't have months left in them, it'll be worse post Covid.

Yep sadly mental health support is something severely lacking especially those who can’t afford private treatment.

The best way to be against lockdown is if people were to actually listen and lockdown. We could have been in a much better position if so many people didn't continuously break the rules. The government were poor to act to begin with but the fact cases are still at 13k a day 8 weeks since the country went in to tier 4 shows how bad people are at actually doing what they're told. My biggest problem with those that are anti lockdown and continue to break the rules is its them they keep pushing this on longer.

As for the conservatives more funding goes in to men's mental health than at any point ever in history and I hate the conservatives with a passion. But it's down to us to keep pushing and keep putting it out in the open. Andy's Man Club do an amazing job.

The biggest problem in the rise in suicides in my honest opinion is social media.

Social Media can swing both ways with Men.

You can either spiral seeing how great other peoples lives are and get yourself in a very dark place or people can spot you are struggling and reach out to help you.

I tend to think social media might be the worst thing to happen to the society in recent times.

I do think men are getting much better at checking in with mates to make sure they are ok if they spot they’ve gone a bit quiet in the group chat and stuff like that. I actually had a work colleague call me to make sure I was alright after a rough couple of days at work he spotted I was a bit off in a team meeting and called me later that day. He’s not someone I’m that close to we work in different departments but I thought it was a great thing to do and it shows that the training we’ve had at work on this is working.

As for lockdown and rule breaking I don’t really know how bad it is. I think the vast majority are sticking to it but you’ve still got a lot of people who have to mix at work so we will never drive it right down to zero unless we go full lockdown. The case numbers have dropped massively from where we started 7 weeks ago so it is having an affect.

Sounds like it’s going to be a slow road out when Boris announces the plans the leaks suggest it’ll be schools first then non essential shops then hospitality but they want to allow a bit more outdoor mixing as soon as possible.

The best way to be against lockdown is if people were to actually listen and lockdown. We could have been in a much better position if so many people didn't continuously break the rules. The government were poor to act to begin with but the fact cases are still at 13k a day 8 weeks since the country went in to tier 4 shows how bad people are at actually doing what they're told. My biggest problem with those that are anti lockdown and continue to break the rules is its them they keep pushing this on longer.

As for the conservatives more funding goes in to men's mental health than at any point ever in history and I hate the conservatives with a passion. But it's down to us to keep pushing and keep putting it out in the open. Andy's Man Club do an amazing job.

The biggest problem in the rise in suicides in my honest opinion is social media.
This post is an insult, people have sacrificed hugely in the last year, this pandemic is still going on as the government have well and truly botched the handling of it. Lack of testing at the start was a monumental error and unforgivable as they could see from what was happening in Italy how to deal with it, they had notice but failed to act. Total inconsistency in their approach also, the current R rate is the same as what it was when they launched "eat out to help out" yet now we're still in full lockdown, why? There is no strategy, they close everything to make it look like they are being decisive, but a lot of the sectors they've decimated weren't linked to any major outbreaks of Covid, its beyond dumb.

This post is an insult, people have sacrificed hugely in the last year, this pandemic is still going on as the government have well and truly botched the handling of it. Lack of testing at the start was a monumental error and unforgivable as they could see from what was happening in Italy how to deal with it, they had notice but failed to act. Total inconsistency in their approach also, the current R rate is the same as what it was when they launched "eat out to help out" yet now we're still in full lockdown, why? There is no strategy, they close everything to make it look like they are being decisive, but a lot of the sectors they've decimated weren't linked to any major outbreaks of Covid, its beyond dumb.

After this is over a major inquest is required we are one of the worst performing countries when it comes to Covid not only is our death rate higher than comparable nations we’ve also suffered far greater economic damage than others.

On the R rate the reason we are still in lockdown is

1) the new strain is much more transmissible than the original strain
2) they know the impact of removing restrictions. dare I say they may have accepted they cocked it up first time round and don’t want to do that again.

This thing only spreads when we are close together with other people if we just open it all up again it won’t take long before it’s back at 70,000 cases a day.

I hate this all I really do but if a few more months now means the vaccines are done and there’s a chance we are done with lockdowns I say stick with it.

I totally agree with you that the government is to blame for everything from March to December. However you've got to question why the streets at so busy currently. Why the shops are so busy. People are not currently listening to lockdowns is the way they should be and it continues to be a reason why we are stuck in it so long. If you stop meeting up with people you give the virus no where to travel a virus can't just travel by itself.

I blame the government for a lot but you are quite the CT. No government would implement lockdown unless it was 100% required that's why we blame them for taking so long at the start they failed to act when it was 100% required.

If they'd put us in to lockdown earlier though with a bit of foresight you'd have had people like you saying it wasn't needed our levels aren't like Italy's and they're needlessly killing businesses. So you'd have complained at them shutting us earlier too.

This has to be the final lockdown. We can't afford to open up too early and end up back in the same position again in 4 months time. It's got to be done right.

We're not in full lockdown, and the UK cases are still worse and have been for months.

Ok, our schools and shops, hair dressers etc are open, I was under the impression yours were closed

I totally agree with you that the government is to blame for everything from March to December. However you've got to question why the streets at so busy currently. Why the shops are so busy. People are not currently listening to lockdowns is the way they should be and it continues to be a reason why we are stuck in it so long. If you stop meeting up with people you give the virus no where to travel a virus can't just travel by itself.

I blame the government for a lot but you are quite the CT. No government would implement lockdown unless it was 100% required that's why we blame them for taking so long at the start they failed to act when it was 100% required.

If they'd put us in to lockdown earlier though with a bit of foresight you'd have had people like you saying it wasn't needed our levels aren't like Italy's and they're needlessly killing businesses. So you'd have complained at them shutting us earlier too.

This has to be the final lockdown. We can't afford to open up too early and end up back in the same position again in 4 months time. It's got to be done right.
Non essential retail is shut, people do still need to eat though so supermarkets will be busy, or should we just starve to death?

Ok, our schools and shops, hair dressers etc are open, I was under the impression yours were closed
They are shut. But people breaking lockdown rules mean it isnt much of a lockdown. It's an endless loop. Lockdown, people complain about lockdown, people break rules, cases don't go down as quickly as the would, lockdown goes on longer.

Thankfully the vaccine role out has been very good and the uptake is in the 90% range so things should improve.

Non essential retail is shut, people do still need to eat though so supermarkets will be busy, or should we just starve to death?

Now you're just being silly but I'm sure you're aware of the fact people are breaking the rules.

However I don't often need to go to the supermarket. Just my local one once a week will do.

3 new cases in New Zealand. Straight in to a 3 day lockdown so they can determine more. The way they've dealt with this has really been the blue print for islands.

Only essential shops are allowed to be open so shops that serve food, drinks, medical supplies, bike shops, car mechanic and even hardware stores are still open. Everything food wise is take away only no dining in.

You are allowed to meet 1 person outside to exercise which is being interpreted as meet a friend for a walk by a lot of people.

It's basically what we had first time round again but our lockdowns were nowhere near as strict as what you had in France or other european nations.

The guidance is work from home if you can but that still means lots of people going to work every day in offices, warehouses, factories and construction sites if you can't work from home you still need to go in. While companies have done bits to mitigate Covid it's not really going to stop it especially this new strain we have here in the UK which is a big problem for us.

The UK/Kent varient is the reason we're back in lockdown I do think back in the autumn we had it reasonably under control but this variant was the petrol on a fire that caused it to rage out of control again.

However, you walk around on the weekend and you see lots of people out and about not necessarily mixing but out and you see plenty of kids mixing in the parks as playground are open.

There are people taking it to extremes and having parties but the police have been pretty good at shutting these things down but it requires someone to tip them off.

Looks like:

Non Essential shops, gyms and Pubs to open to serve outdoors in April 12th.

Restaurants and indoor pubs May 17th. Fans to return to stadiums on this date.

All covid restrictions to be lifted by June 21st.

Bloody Tories opening the stadiums just as the football season ends going to be some bumper crowds at the cricket this summer.

At least there's some light at the end of the tunnel now and some hope.

thats great news, I hope we aren't far behind, got a wedding I want to come back for in July so I hope travel restrictions will be lifted.

When he says all restrictions lifted, do he mention overseas travel?

International travel allowed from 17th of May. But does say subject to review.

Everything is subject to change each step will be in place for a minimum of 5 weeks so they can properly measure the impact of changes.

Let’s just hope the small businesses can survive a little longer and be there when we can all go back.

Let’s hope the sunshine arrives in April too get those BBQs firing.

Unless France sorts itself out I won't be able to come anyway.

The are some real fears those variants are about to take hold. Numbers going in the wrong direction and the drug companies currently 10m doses behind in the contract

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back