Coronavirus

I think it's a mixture of ignorance and a lack of clear message from the government over how serious this all is some people just don't want to listen they think they'll be fine so what's the problem not realising that we've yet to get anywhere near the worst of this thing in Italy we're closing in on 1,000 people a day dying from this thing and that is coming here.

They need to stop reporting the number of cases on the news because the number is quite honestly bollocks it's got to be 5 or 10 times the number they're putting out. They aren't testing people properly at all I've got the symptoms yet I haven't even had to report it to the NHS just stay home so I think the number of cases is giving people a false sense of security.

Yesterday was a joke really wasn't helped with it being mothers day and probably the first bit of sun the country has seen in 6 months after months and months of rain people were just desperate to go out and the message was you can go out but just maintain your distance which is fine until you go to a park and there's loads of people there.
You are the most contradictory person ever!! I'm not sure I could cope with you if we were chatting face to face lol!!
A lack of a clear message from the Government................ quickly followed by, some people just don't want to listen.

I think you got it right at second attempt. The message is clear enough, individuals not listening or complying is the problem. I have said this numerous times. Folk should not need to be led by the hand on this one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

think it's a mixture of ignorance and a lack of clear message from the government over how serious this all is

For me it’s a mixture of selfishness, arrogance and ignorance. Selfishness in the sense that they think they’ll be fine if they get it and don’t really care about spreading it. Arrogant in the sense that if they’re young and healthy, they don’t think it’ll do any damage to them and finally ignorant in the sense that they don’t really understand the consequences of spreading it, or overloading the NHS. I’m 22 and noticed a lot of people around my sort of age happily going to pubs or on nights out until they were banned.

I’ve only left the house 3 times in the past 8 days. Once to go to a big supermarket and twice to a corner shop at the end of my road. Definitely developing some serious cabin fever, but I don’t want to risk getting it, or more importantly spreading it. Trying to keep myself busy, but it’s going to be a long few months.

You are the most contradictory person ever!! I'm not sure I could cope with you if we were chatting face to face lol!!
A lack of a clear message from the Government................ quickly followed by, some people just don't want to listen.

I think you got it right at second attempt. The message is clear enough, individuals not listening or complying is the problem. I have said this numerous times. Folk should not need to be led by the hand on this one.

Good job we're both in isolation then haha!

My point is we're being ask nicely, we don't all listen then we're being told and still a minority don't listen this is where the government will have to use force. I don't think we are getting a clear enough message from our government from day one they've been back tracking on their original plan I think it's a tactic but it is causing confusion amongst the public.

Saying to people you can still go out in small groups which is the current government advice some people interpret that as we're ok to go to parks or beaches etc because fresh air is apparently good for you. Problem is you then get lots of small groups all going to the same place the advice needs to be much stricter to stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary to go out.

I don't know how they get the message across probably releasing the names of these people and where they live and say if we had all stuck to the rules maybe 1/3 of these people would have survived really drive home the message about the damage this is doing and will continue to do.

Just been on the phone to 111. I was told Boris has moved forward his press conference from 5pm to 2pm.

Presumably you had good reason to be phoning 111? Are you aware of current advice?

He told us the other day that he works in the medical field so i'm sure he's aware of what he's doing and why he's making those calls. I'd also suggest they aren't just telling the average Joe oh btw the prime minister is due to give a speech at 2.

He told us the other day that he works in the medical field so i'm sure he's aware of what he's doing and why he's making those calls. I'd also suggest they aren't just telling the average Joe oh btw the prime minister is due to give a speech at 2.
lol, Im sure your right. I wasn't aware (or forgot) he was within the medical profession. That said, if medical folk required information, you would think they would have a number to call different from the one the average Joe would call?

Army being prepped for deployment according to my in the know source.

It's got to happen. Even though I don't fully appreciate what lockdown actually means. Can you still go for essential shopping? can you still go for a walk to social distancing rules?

Italians up until Sunday were still allowed to work whilst under lockdown. It’s just no going out other than work and shopping.

Italians up until Sunday were still allowed to work whilst under lockdown. It’s just no going out other than work and shopping.
Surely the going to work element would be for key workers only? as going to work must be the greatest risk especially for commuters on trains etc and office dwellers.
I had to go to the supermarket today and went with a tube of hand sanitiser in my pocket which i used regularly as all i could see was folk lifting things, looking and putting it down again. Bloody clueless!!

Surely the going to work element would be for key workers only? as going to work must be the greatest risk especially for commuters on trains etc and office dwellers.
I had to go to the supermarket today and went with a tube of hand sanitiser in my pocket which i used regularly as all i could see was folk lifting things, looking and putting it down again. Bloody clueless!!

Thought you were isolating?

Guess we will find out from Boris at 8.30 what it all means lockdown just enforces social distancing any one seen out on the street will be told to go home unless you are going to work, collecting food or collecting medicine. I think you are allowed out to walk the dog but not to exercise.

I guess we will see if they now force other industries to close down.

Thought you were isolating?

Guess we will find out from Boris at 8.30 what it all means lockdown just enforces social distancing any one seen out on the street will be told to go home unless you are going to work, collecting food or collecting medicine. I think you are allowed out to walk the dog but not to exercise.

I guess we will see if they now force other industries to close down.
I have been isolating. But not at the expense of starvation. Today was my 7th day which has been the guidelines if you live on your own

It was the only option. The small percentage of people going about with their normal lives have meant we are all grounded for three weeks. Felt like I was being told off!

It was the only option. The small percentage of people going about with their normal lives have meant we are all grounded for three weeks. Felt like I was being told off!
Stay at home or face a fine? How many parking fines have we all took because we thought the chance was worth it or didn't understand the restriction ;)
How many points we all had for speeding because we think we should be allowed to drive faster, cuase the limits should only apply to lesser drivers.
How much are you going to fine a man trying to get to work because he see's destitution in front of him if he doesn't get that days pay! The self employed have been given no safety net at all. On that basis it can be said that all movements by self employed people are absolutely essential as long as the Government exclude them from any consideration as to how they will get through this crisis.

Going to work is one of the things that is still fine. No self employed person is getting fined for heading to work.

Document since released says construction workers are free to continue to go to site.

I’m scared, folks. I am afraid for my elderly parents and for my asthmatic children. People are still not taking it seriously here, still going to the beach and hanging out with friends. And it was beautiful weather today.

I’m scared, folks. I am afraid for my elderly parents and for my asthmatic children. People are still not taking it seriously here, still going to the beach and hanging out with friends. And it was beautiful weather today.
I think it’s a scary time for all but you just have to ensure you’re doing all you can to protect yourself and loved ones. You can’t control other selfish people but you can yourselves.

I am worried about my dad who has recently got over cancer, also my wife’s grandparents who have been suffering with health problems and that’s before I get onto myself with asthma. It’s a crazy time but just got to stick together and we will come out the other side.

Stay safe all.

Going to work is one of the things that is still fine. No self employed person is getting fined for heading to work.

Document since released says construction workers are free to continue to go to site.

It's ridiculous all the supply network that go with construction as well are therefore forced to remain open so we can continue building projects that could easily stand for 3 weeks if they put the right financial protection in place for the workers. It really is the responsibility of the end client/government to close these projects down not the contractors as they should not be forced to burden the penalties that come with finishing late which is the only reason why they remain open.

My dad is in his 60's he's still being told to visit housing sites to sign off works what good is building houses at this point think one of the big housing builders today finally closed it's site told them to make it safe and lock it up.

In the cities all these sites should be getting shut down straight away get people off public transport to protect key workers who rely on it to get to work. The photos from the tube this morning are horrifying.

It's ridiculous all the supply network that go with construction as well are therefore forced to remain open so we can continue building projects that could easily stand for 3 weeks if they put the right financial protection in place for the workers. It really is the responsibility of the end client/government to close these projects down not the contractors as they should not be forced to burden the penalties that come with finishing late which is the only reason why they remain open.

My dad is in his 60's he's still being told to visit housing sites to sign off works what good is building houses at this point think one of the big housing builders today finally closed it's site told them to make it safe and lock it up.

In the cities all these sites should be getting shut down straight away get people off public transport to protect key workers who rely on it to get to work. The photos from the tube this morning are horrifying.
My friend said there can be 20 people milling around on a construction site. Then they are all having lunch in a canteen.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back