Coronavirus

It's a crowd trial. Outdoors, lots of room for distancing. Seems fair enough and practical enough.

My point with this was that I see no reason why you couldn’t say have 4k people also at Old Trafford for the start of next season though. Not like it would be hard for that many to socially distance.

Unsure on horse racing getting the first go ahead as they continued with the Cheltenham event in the middle of everyone else shutting down. So not sure I trust them too much to make the correct decisions.

I think it’s evidently a good thing though. And hopefully paves the ways to crowds at Old Trafford and Silverstone.

crazy if you ask me, virus is increasing globally, think we need to take things more slowly myself.

It might be outdoors and smaller crowds, but a horse race and a football match were involved in a spread to start with.

Yeah restriction would change. However there are countries on the welcome in list that have a higher rate than Spain. We're still welcoming in people from the US ffs. The government have messed up on this from the get go.

You can only blame people when they're going against the government advice. If the R rate is rising but people are following the government advice that's not on the people. And they will try to make it out like it is. Just like Shoot is and just like Berba is. Let's not fall in to the trap of blaming people for the Governments ineptitude in the coming months.

It was always going to happen that eventually the government would put it on the people and their voters would follow though. Because eventually you'll lay the blame at the people for the excess deaths instead of a shit parliament that you voted for.
Your first above point about us still welcoming people from USA is a total fabrication and probably intentionally misleading to try and win a point.
Regarding your comment about Tory voters getting the government out of trouble, hear this! they probably wont need to. I watched Panorama programme the other night. There was a guy on there making lots of statement about "not having a proper handle or understanding of the crisis", " with hindsight I think we could have done this better", " with hindsight I think we could have done this better", "I regret we didnt do this", "I regret we didnt do that".
So who was this guy? I can tell you he was from SAGE. Based on what he had to say it seems to me (when it comes to the independent inquiry) all the government need to do is prove they followed the science. I doubt that would be too difficult.

There is literally leaked documents where the scientific advisors advised the government to lockdown on March 8th immediately. They didn’t need hindsight. More lies and this government will get destroyed when it comes to the independant investigation.

There’s a speech by Boris in February where he conceded there’s be loss of life but the economic possibilities from it are worth it.

Anyone that thinks the government has done a good job with lockdown and managing this virus needs to take their head out of their ass and open their eyes.

We catastrophically messed up and managed to have one of the worse loss of lives and one of the most damaged economys.

As for America the last I’d seen on the news was that we were letting them in and there was never a big fuss that we stopped. But that’s because if you look at the dates we only stopped letting them in once Trump banned outward flights. (And also something I myself corrected the following day)

Here was me thinking that was the leaked documents themselves you were posting.
Apparently there were leaked documents for the City FFP case as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they use the community shield a test event for football.

They’ve already started trials at cricket now they’re doing horse racing my guess is they’re holding off on football for now but if these things work football will be next.

I guess the big thing for football is its quite short but it only has one short stoppage where fans go to bars, food stalls or toilets. In cricket and horse racing there’s more stop start to it so people don’t all move in and out together.

A poorer job that any other country in Europe. We must applaud it and never dare be critical.

It’s ‘only with hindsight’ that we can say the government acted too late. Yet almost all of us in here stopped going to the office and travelling before mandated by the government. A blind man could look over to China, Italy and Spain and see what was coming.

I remember about 2 weeks in advance of lockdown saying on here they should close like the rest of Europe. At the time we couldn't leave the house without a certificate.

Have to agree, I decided to leave the office on 17th March while all the dithering was going on

they’ve also now changed the isolation period from 7 days to 10 days if you show symptoms.

They also need to stop briefing a handful of journos this information before they announce these changes everyone should find this news out at the same time.

Aren’t we above the US when you look at deaths per 100,000 people. Can’t be many countries doing much worse than us. I know the stats can be misleading as not everyone is reporting deaths the same way but it has been and continues to be a mess here.

We weren’t prepared, we were afraid of taking a tough stance, we reacted to late and now we don’t seem to have any clear rules as we come out of this.

The only positive thing you can say is that furlough scheme has been a lifeline to a lot of people even if it has only delayed the inevitable for a lot in terms of job losses. If the tories mess the economic recovery up they will have lost so much credibility.

So last night with less than 3 hours notice the people of greater Manchester and some surrounding areas were told they can no longer meet with other households inside or in private gardens.

You can still go to work and go to the pub.

Yeah my sister came up from essex to visit yesterday. Looks like she will have to turn round and go home without seeing us.

So last night with less than 3 hours notice the people of greater Manchester and some surrounding areas were told they can no longer meet with other households inside or in private gardens.

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read. There must be some sort of confusion there.

Yeah my sister came up from essex to visit yesterday. Looks like she will have to turn round and go home without seeing us.

Just put a sign outside your house calling it the Boothstownred Inn and let her in.

Just add her to your family “bubble” don’t ask me how that works just assume it’s add them to a WhatsApp group.

When they stopped the daily announcements they told us all major changes would be made by public announcement not on a government ministers social media posts.

It really is mad so hard not to feel sorry for those impacted by this and the lack of clarity over the rules have rightfully p*ssed off a lot of people.

Our numbers are rising fast too.

Craig Whittaker could be in some trouble for this.

"If you look at the areas where we've seen rises and cases, the vast majority - not by any stretch of the imagination all areas - but it is the BAME communities that are not taking this seriously enough."

Even if the stats show him to be correct it’s a dangerous thing to say in the current climate.

I think it’s ridiculous that they tell us it’s our ‘duty’ to get to pubs then blame people meeting in homes for the increase in cases.

And I don’t believe there’s anyway they’ve got data that proves it’s meeting in homes that’s causing the problem.

Think unless you are really prepared to back it with serious statistics it’s a ridiculous thing to say and it really isn’t on just a leopard showing his spots being openly racist.

The message coming from the government is this is all YOUR fault you didn’t follow our rules now you pay the price but the rules are full of loopholes.

Basically we need you back at work, spending money and if you can avoid passing around a highly contagious virus that would be great.

The government were always gonna try and pin the blame on the public for their failures.

They certainly did get much wrong in the early stages when Covid struck in the UK and continued to do so for sometime

on well, that won’t have any effect on us United supporters so why worry.

I’m in Wales. Going into Tesco both this morning and this evening I noticed there were many without masks.
Turns out they are not mandatory here. But there still seems to be up to 40% wearing them

I’m in Wales. Going into Tesco both this morning and this evening I noticed there were many without masks.
Turns out they are not mandatory here. But there still seems to be up to 40% wearing them

Are you doing Snowdon again?

Well, all the hiking and weight loss i done during lockdown and since, has paid big dividends.
Today I went up Snowdon in North Wales via the Snowdon Ranger route which is an 8 mile route (up and down) with a 936m ascent. I went up to the summit without stopping in 2hr 5min and came back down in 1hr 55min making my return trip bang on 4hrs.

When I done this route first time in 2019 I didnt summit, my legs had just had enough. Even though I could see the top only about 20min away I reasoned that was an extra 40 minutes given I would have to travel it down again and decided to turn back as my legs had nothing left. I returned a few weeks later and went up and down in 5.5hrs.

Totally amazed myself today, taking 1.5hrs of that time, only stopping once on the way down for around 10 minutes. My legs clearly have much more strength and I am significantly fitter from a cardiovascular point of view.
Anyhow’s, Back to Snowdon today, it was time to take on what many consider to be the most challenging route, the Watkin Path and it truly was a very beautiful scenic route.
The weather seemed considerably better than had been forecast when I decided to go and when I parked in the car park at 10am my car was showing 25 degree And the sun was beating down, then as I was getting ready I realised I hadn’t packed my wide brimmed hat for sun protection. I was now asking myself if it was a good idea to go ahead. Result was I smothered my napped and everywhere else in factor 30 and off I went.
For the first half (90-100 min) I was smashing it. So much so I was starting to think “I will have another go at this tomorrow”, to do it on 2 consecutive days would be a real indicator of improved fitness.
Then the challenge started. The next 90 mins was touch and about 45 minutes of that was an area of loose screw and rock which was heavy going on the legs and much of it was scrambling with the bands coming into play. This didn’t feel like a challenging hike anymore, this felt like climbing a mountain and there was a couple of areas where you felt vulnerable and concentration levels had to increase to ensure sure footing with an awareness that a slip or trip had the potential to turn your day bad.
Anyway got to the top heavy legged on 3 hrs 10 min and immediately decided I didn’t fancy going back down the same route, so I carried on back down the route I done previously, the Snowdon Ranger and my up/down time was 5hr 20m. Wasn’t disappointed given the heat and taking the harder route but now I can tick that route off I won’t be doing it again, it’s just a bit more risk than I want or need.
I felt a bit iffy When I got back down and couldn’t decide If the sun had got to me or if it was because I had to pay 25 Scottish notes for a taxi to drive me back to where I had left my car.
I certainly won’t be doing it again tomorrow, I have tender toes and will see how the legs feel tomorrow.
I made myself feel better with a lamb vindaloo and I am now washing that down with a 4 pack of Elvis Juice :cool:
Next stop Goatfell

Anyhow’s, Back to Snowdon today, it was time to take on what many consider to be the most challenging route, the Watkin Path and it truly was a very beautiful scenic route.
The weather seemed considerably better than had been forecast when I decided to go and when I parked in the car park at 10am my car was showing 25 degree And the sun was beating down, then as I was getting ready I realised I hadn’t packed my wide brimmed hat for sun protection. I was now asking myself if it was a good idea to go ahead. Result was I smothered my napped and everywhere else in factor 30 and off I went.
For the first half (90-100 min) I was smashing it. So much so I was starting to think “I will have another go at this tomorrow”, to do it on 2 consecutive days would be a real indicator of improved fitness.
Then the challenge started. The next 90 mins was touch and about 45 minutes of that was an area of loose screw and rock which was heavy going on the legs and much of it was scrambling with the bands coming into play. This didn’t feel like a challenging hike anymore, this felt like climbing a mountain and there was a couple of areas where you felt vulnerable and concentration levels had to increase to ensure sure footing with an awareness that a slip or trip had the potential to turn your day bad.
Anyway got to the top heavy legged on 3 hrs 10 min and immediately decided I didn’t fancy going back down the same route, so I carried on back down the route I done previously, the Snowdon Ranger and my up/down time was 5hr 20m. Wasn’t disappointed given the heat and taking the harder route but now I can tick that route off I won’t be doing it again, it’s just a bit more risk than I want or need.
I felt a bit iffy When I got back down and couldn’t decide If the sun had got to me or if it was because I had to pay 25 Scottish notes for a taxi to drive me back to where I had left my car.
I certainly won’t be doing it again tomorrow, I have tender toes and will see how the legs feel tomorrow.
I made myself feel better with a lamb vindaloo and I am now washing that down with a 4 pack of Elvis Juice :cool:
Next stop Goatfell

well done mate. To do that in this heat is a great accomplishment.

Skanky Scouser alert - Llandudno in North Wales was full of them, they stand out a mile. Big families transporting their big bottles of Aldi cider in Sports Direct canvas bags and no social distancing going on whatsoever. I decided not to stop and moved on to Conwyn Bay which was much more civilised and lunch was enjoyed in the sunshine.

Incidentally, there was also a lot of people from the Greater Manchester region, who if I am not mistaken are supposed to be in lockdown!!

Cases will soon be rising sharply. Mark my words.

You can still travel if you live in Greater Manchester, as I understand it. You just can’t mix with others in homes, garden and pubs etc.

Only restriction in Manchester is gatherings in private gardens or inside houses is now banned again everything else is business as usual.

Paul Scholes had a knock on the door from the law because he didn't postpone a party for his sons birthday over the weekend.

In more positive news they've announced today they believe they now have a new testing method which will give you a result of a covid test in around 90 minutes rather than the current waiting time which is between 24 hours and 5 days depending on lab capacities.

Guess the thing with it is the more restrictions you ease the more cases will go up as more human interaction will happen.

938 new cases recorded today. The highest since June.
A price will be paid in this country for peoples indiscretions during this time.

That's Aberdeen back in lockdown after a spike in cases linked to a pub. All bars, cafes and restaurants to close and 5 mile travel restrictions in place.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back