Corentin Tolisso

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was a bit of a star at Lyon one of the many next big things to come out of French football which got him the move to Bayern but he's struggled to hold down a starting spot this season they do have a pretty heavily loaded midfield though. The new manager has also put Muller back in the side as a number 10 so they only really play 2 midfield players now he's probably 4th choice for them behind Kimmich, Thiago & Goretzka.

He's more of an attacking midfield player than a defensive one but it's fair to say he's pretty good at both scores a decent number of goals for a midfield player.

Think he's had a few fitness problems as well missed pretty much all of last season with a bad knee injury and has been in and out of the team this season not sure the new manager who took over from Kovac really fancies him either.

He was in the France world cup winning squad in 2018 but don't think he played very much.

I do think if Pogba (and all the others) are staying Utd don't desperately need to buy another centre mid that would be a bit of a luxury at this point.

To me this feels like Bayern are open to selling him so Utd obviously get linked to him but I'd be surprised if he's one we are targeting unless they feel there's a cheap deal to be done that can give us more depth.

I'd put him in a would be nice to have pile not a need to have pile.

do think if Pogba (and all the others) are staying Utd don't desperately need to buy another centre mid that would be a bit of a luxury at this point
See I actually think signing a new CM will be essential. Matic likely only has one more year and who knows if he'll drop off. Fred has started to show that he is a good player and McTominay looks like he's a good United player. But I don't trust Pogba one bit. Right now he wants to stay but for how long?

yes, I hope the Pogba drama doesn't resurface. That's the most annoying thing, his agent and brother, not him.

yes, I hope the Pogba drama doesn't resurface. That's the most annoying thing, his agent and brother, not him.
It'll resurface. The story at the moment is he is happy to stay but that's only because who knows if anyone would be able to afford him this summer.

See I actually think signing a new CM will be essential. Matic likely only has one more year and who knows if he'll drop off. Fred has started to show that he is a good player and McTominay looks like he's a good United player. But I don't trust Pogba one bit. Right now he wants to stay but for how long?

If we weren't in the middle of covid then yes a Matic replacement would be a good plan but cash is tight now so this summer we need to sort the absolutely must be addressed positions like right wing.

Pogba will probably go next summer 1 year left on his deal clubs might have cash and Utd might lower the price to say £50m just to move him on but right now he's going nowhere for at least 1 summer if he wants to go to a clubs like Madrid he needs to play well to convince them to buy him.

If Covid hadn't happened this summer then yeah 100% my suggestions would be sell Pogba and Matic and buy replacements that we can build with but for now we probably need to plan for having them this season then moving them on next summer.

We aren't likely to be gunning for the title next season the aim for next season has to be to massively close that gap to the top side so we're not 30 points behind we're within 10 points of the winners then the following year it's go for the title.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back