Copa America 2021

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not just the Euro's going on this summer there's also the Copa America which has been a disaster from the start originally due to be hosted in Argentina and Columbia last summer. Covid delayed it then political problems in Columbia meant they dropped out as co-host then Argentina dropped out as host due to Covid and it's now in Brazil a country with probably the worst Covid record around thanks to their idiot president turning down Vaccines.

There were even rumours that the Brazil players would boycott the tournament in protest as they did not feel safe playing it in Brazil given the pandemic and travel involved but as always the show must go on with football because the money needs to come in.

As for the football Brazil won their opener 3-0 but their opponents Venezuela had 12 players/staff test positive the day before the game.

Doesn't look a vintage Brazil side Fred started in centre mid for them for a start.

BBC have highlights from the games by the way

BBC are showing the games live on the iplayer aswell arent they, looks like my nights sorted, football 8-12 !

yeah, there is a 24 hour period you can go from game to game

Too bad this overlaps with the Euros as the Copa is usually good fun. Something mad always happens, and it usually involves Argentina.

Yeah they are, but there's only so many hours in a day I can justify sitting on my arse watching football. LOL

Fred got an assist in the early hours this morning against Peru. Looks like he’s cementing himself as first choice in the central midfield.

Different players they seem to be swapping Casemiro and Fabinho as the designated holder they play Fred more as a box to box player as they play a 3 not a 2.

So many players in that Brazil squad that I've never even heard of.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back