Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts......I've got this sinking feeling about it,but hey never say die!!!
Terry will be found wanting again we will come undone at the back!
if we keep shape in midfeild we have a chance if not soft goals for you guys :shock:

Re: Charity Sheild

I hope to see Hernandez skin Terry and then score past Cech with a nice chip :D

i think both managers won't take the game seriously! its more of a last chance to get players some game time before next week.

Honestly, i think Chelsea should automatically be the champion, 'cause they won the Premier League and FA Cup.

Starting XI: Henrique Hilario, Paulo Ferreira, Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Frank Lampard, Salomon Kalou, Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda.

We have had a shocking set of warm up games and sadly no one really comming through,the squads heads needs focus after the World Cup,lets face it England were dismall and this will have players wondering about fans reactions (cough) ashley cole!!
and WTF is FIFA thinking off having a freindly mid week!!!! fecking stupid IMO :x
However Lampard says its good to be back at the Bridge so I hope we now can focus and put the nightmare summer behind us

From twitter: "Michael Carrick could feature in Sunday's Community Shield v Chelsea after completing an open training session at Old Trafford on Saturday."

Gary Neville also trained.

hmmm, interesting...thought Fergie said he was out for 2 weeks?

I don't think he will risk starting him atleast...maybe a substitute appearance?

I think the quote was more along the lines of might be out for 2 weeks. Things often change over night, tomorrow morning his ankle could be a bit sore again.

lets hope he doesn't Injure himself again, i'd rather have him rested and maybe play for England mid week...the pitch at Wembley isn't the best for players carrying knocks!

He isn't in the England squad. I doubt he'll start but depending on how he is this morning he'll get some minutes. The pitch at Wembley is apparently a lot better now. Key word = Apparently.

Here is team line-ups, Berba_God

United: van der Sar; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Fábio; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Park; Rooney, Owen.

Chelsea: Hilario, Ivanovic, Terry, Ferreira, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Mikel, Kalou, Anelka, Malouda.

Maybe Fergie thinks Carrick needs more game time compared to Fletcher as he has not had a pre season

Carrick apparently only playing 30 mins. Fergie obviously not going for the win, more about fitness. Wes Brown not even on the bench, my guess is Fergie knows he'll get game time on Wed with Eng so he doesn't need to play him. Park, Owen and Rooney obviously need more gametime than Nani, Berba and Hdez.

Carrick has been very good, and he's playing with a supposed dodgy ankle. How class is Scholes? Super passing. Valencia goal was a class bit of play. Van der Sar has made 2 top saves might have been 3 I can't remember. Fabio looks a good LB. His tackling is better than I thought. Tackling all round has been good.

We look strong... did not see lot of Owen (it´s often so... ok) ... so hope to se Hernandez in sec. half :)

3-1 and Dimitar Berbatov scored! Great win, I reckon that'll shut Piers up for now. haha. Bit dodgy defensively towards the end but with edwin in goal we're at lot stronger than we were a year ago.

Impressive! ... what a style of game... great performance

I´m happy very happy... now bring on the season

We will only get better, fitness will improve etc. Feeling optimistic as I have been since May, but not getting carried away. What happens between now and May matters the most.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
We will only get better, fitness will improve etc. Feeling optimistic as I have been since May, but not getting carried away. What happens between now and May matters the most.

you are right!

Anyone see Capello and Carrick talking just now. Was it a "I thought you were injured" or a "I want you for the qualifiers"?

Some seem to think what was said was "I thought you were injured" and then Carrick replying "Ask the boss" hence why Scholsey laughed probably.

I've only just seen it on Sky Sports News, I turned my stream off straight after the match. haha footage is hilarious. At least it was said in laughter. Capello should have known yesterday that he'd trained and was set to play. But maybe Carrick should have phoned to say he was fit. Anyway, Club over Country. THE END!

Fergie on Ozil "I think he's interested a lot of clubs", "I trust the players I have here". He says he went to watch Fulham.

Very impressive performance from Hernandez, best of our strikers today?

made brilliant passes, his pace was clearly causing Terry problems. nice goal also :D loL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back