Sideshow Bob

220px-Leicester_City_crest.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 7th August 2016
Community Shield

Wembley
16:00 BST

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic.
Subs: Romero, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

Unbelievable that Fellaini gets a start! Thank god we have confirmed Pogba is close to signing otherwise I'd be worried that Fellaini would play a lot.

Interesting that Blind still at CB though. Is Jose going to have him as his back up CB? Gutted there's no TFM though?

Well done Blind.

Fosu-Mensah resumed training after an injury on Friday, I think.

Ahh OK that's a little bit more encouraging then... He's been left out because he's not fit enough.

Interesting that Mkhitaryan hasn't started today though. I know that probably won't be the norm but that's a big nod today to Lingard!

Only player I've really been impressed with so far is Bailly who's looked composed and confident!

My iPad is buffering like crazy so missed the goal and most of the match so far.

You really haven't missed much so far.

It's been a pretty scrappy match to tell the truth.

We've had more of the ball, both teams are sloppy in possession and there's not been many chances fashioned... It's a bit like it was under LVG to be honest! ;)

Bailly has looked superb and looks really at home. Shaw has bombed on a lot. Valencia looks like an able RB and the attack looks like it really needs time together.

It's everything you'd expect I guess in early August between two teams who start their league campaigns next week... It's about getting fitness and getting time on the field together and that's about it.

Rooney has been sloppy, Ibra pretty much non existent, Martial has drifted in and out. But what I like is that the forwards look to interchange. And Mkhitaryan will only add to that so I'm looking forward to seeing him come on as well as Rashford to inject a bit more pace and be more direct.

Really good finish that!

Been a pretty dull second half all in all.

Zlatan other than the goal has been quiet and there's still a lack of pace in this team. I'm still surprised really that Jose hasn't brought in a really pacey player?

And I wonder why Mkhitaryan hasn't seen any game time today? Think it would have been a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back