Cleverley to sign new deal but join Toon on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Apparently Sunday's papers are reporting Cleverley will sign a new deal soon but will get loaned out to Newcastle.

Thoughts on this?

My opinion is that it is brilliant. He's unlikely to get many first team opportunities at United but needs Prem experience not just a few games in the Carling Cup.

Agree. Would love to see him play for us next year. But im sure he will grow even more at Toon..

Opportunities would be extremely hard to come by next season I reckon. Gibson's going to play more. Anderson and Hargo should be back. We've still got Giggs and Scholes playing. Who knows what Carrick's going to do though. Fergie should be looking at a signing in midfield too. If Carrick stays and we also sign someone. Cleverley could be 9th in the pecking order. Although getting someone in could be limited depending on the squad limit thing. Not sure how that's working out.

I'd quite like to see him stop to be honest. If I remember rightly he got injured right at the end of his loan spell with Watford? It'd be nice to see him in the first team he looks promising.

I think Blackpool is a good move, similar to watford in a way, will struggle in the Prem, should be the main man in the team...Newcastle already have 3 decent CM's and have Jonas and forgot their RW...so less chance of playing there.

How often will he get on the bench though unless there's injuries?

Bolton could work for him, they don't have many good midfielders plus he'll just slot in where Wilshere played for them i guess...but if Clev goes there Diouf won't be joining them for sure

Looks like he's joining Wigan, That's not a bad move, sure to get some game time there.
i'm not sure where they are going to play him though.

One thing about Wigan under Martinez is that they've become a passing team, Cleverley would be perfect for them, also closer to home than Newcastle, i'd be happy him going to Bolton or Wigan.

I think it's a decision based on Carrick getting injured, Scholes and Giggs getting older and Ando and Hargo being injured too. If he's not played much by Jan, I think he'll go out on loan.

More than likely puts the lid on any more transfers I would imagine.
He's a good prospect but I do think we should get over excited after all he did well at Watford, a team fighting relgation in the Championship. Wait and see I suppose ?!

We have an extra space in the squad I think now because Diouf has gone out on loan but I could be wrong. If that is the case however, it leaves the possibility of a transfer open. I still think it will come down to how Hargo is come the last week of August.

g@mb!t said:
true, United's website looks great...

Cleverley staying is a sign that we might not sign anyone?

Not necessarily, he's U21 so won't have to be registered so there's still a possible space but with Carrick and Ando seem to be nearing a return it does seem less likely now. Who knows how Hargo is, signing might come down to him.

I'm still struggling to see where Cleverley does fit in this season. I'd really like to see him play tomorrow.

also read Bolton, seems they are in the lead to sign him, I think playing for Wigan mgiht be a good experience for him, after all he had the same time with Watford too

Wigan's problem is they're trying to play good football, they ain't got the players to play good football though. Cleverley could probably help them. I'd prefer Bolton though too. Wilshere had such a good time there I can't see why Tom can't have the same impact or better to be honest.

Cleverley will now join Wigan on Monday on loan until January.

Martinez likes to play the spanish style of patient build up, but doesn't have the players for it, Wigan look likely to go down this season

Nothing will be more impressive than Cleverley helping Wigan to stay up. Kieran Richardson did it for West Brom and got called up to the England squad.

will be interesting if he goes, anyone think we might still have another deal in the offing? reason why Cleverley is being loaned out maybe?

Seems to be getting closer and closer to the move now. Sky Sports reporting it.

If he goes, it just shows Ando has made good progress and maybe Bebe has too.

can't wait to see if Ando's gonna do what Nani's done and step up, if he has then its going to be a very exciting season ahead!

Next reserves game is Wednesday. I'm guessing he'll play a part.

He's away with Portugal U21s for the next week or two, they play England U21s so we will see him. They also play Macedonia U21s, doubt we'll se that one.

hope he does well, been getting bugged by friends who are Liverpool fans with texts saying he's the silliest deal of the transfer window!! terrible how the media can make people believe lies so easily!!
the twits haven't even watched him play FFS!!

I wish Tom could stay. Especially after the preseason. But with Ando's recovery and Park ahead of him, I don't know if he would have many chances. So it may be best for him go to Wigan. He saved Watford in last season. He'll save the Latics now. :)

I'd rather him get Prem experience than a few Carling Cup appearances. Sub appearances will be limited in my opinion. Pre Season is nothing compared to the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back